Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: vs 49ers
Pick Results: SF: 38.2% at NE: 61.8%
Sun
Oct 25th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

patman12

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
It was an open Town Hall meeting, advertised on Twitter, inviting people from underrepresented groups to speak with the leadership of the (fairly young, and small) organization.

The facilitator forgot to disable the share screen function, and allowed every one in who requested to attend. So, lesson learned.

But I have to say, I'm still shaken by it. Interestingly, the people of color shook it off fairly quickly. I think in part because they have become numb to that kind of thing.
Disturbing and shameful, to say the very least.

1960Pats

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
that's nothing...MY girlfriend called me up and said "come on over, there's nobody home.."..I went over and...there was nobody home :headscratch:

I heard that she was an awful cook. Her cooking was so bad that the flies chipped in to fix the screens.

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter

Joker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Interesting article regarding the “medical” company, Surgisphere that published that hydroxychloroquine was a risk. Apparently, they're not even a legit company. Their leading science expert is a science fiction writer and their marketing executive is an adult model!

As a result of this discovery, the WHO is moving forward with more hydroxychloroquine testing.

imagine that!!

Surgisphere: governments and WHO changed Covid-19 policy based on suspect data from tiny US company

Old news....
Surgisphere is an American healthcare analytics company established in 2008 by Sapan Desai. Originally a textbook marketing company, it came under scrutiny in 2020 after it had provided large datasets of COVID-19 patients which were subsequently found to be extremely unreliable. The data was used in studies published in the The Lancet and The New England Journal of Medicine in May 2020, suggesting that patients on hydroxychloroquine had a "significantly higher risk of death". In light of these studies, the World Health Organization decided to halt global trials of the drug hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) to treat COVID-19. After the studies were retracted, the WHO trials were resumed.
Surgisphere - Wikipedia

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Old news....
Surgisphere is an American healthcare analytics company established in 2008 by Sapan Desai. Originally a textbook marketing company, it came under scrutiny in 2020 after it had provided large datasets of COVID-19 patients which were subsequently found to be extremely unreliable. The data was used in studies published in the The Lancet and The New England Journal of Medicine in May 2020, suggesting that patients on hydroxychloroquine had a "significantly higher risk of death". In light of these studies, the World Health Organization decided to halt global trials of the drug hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) to treat COVID-19. After the studies were retracted, the WHO trials were resumed.
Surgisphere - Wikipedia
It wasn’t old news back when I made that post though

supafly

Suddenly sad and Brady-less
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
my wife was teaching a class and she got bombed by some guy in a clown suit
What was his purpose? I mean, what did he say or do? I’ve heard about this type of thing happening, but is there always a purpose, or are they mostly just people goofing around?

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
What was his purpose? I mean, what did he say or do? I’ve heard about this type of thing happening, but is there always a purpose, or are they mostly just people goofing around?

Not sure....either no purpose or not there long enough to show purpose

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
New Topic: forget the political aspect to this news, but if your 401K is in any of these target date funds, the administration is allowing the boogeyman into the room.......

Trump administration move could add 'significant risks' to retirement accounts

some people enjoy the additional risk/return ...... it's important to stay in the know because some of these fund have holdings that are hard to track.

emerging markets are also going to become a routine investment for these funds.

vuudu

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Is mask the key to containing Covid? Have we botched it up in this country or is it because we have tested so much to reflect reality while other countries are not testing as much and probably so have massive spikes like we did last week?

1960Pats

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Is mask the key to containing Covid? Have we botched it up in this country or is it because we have tested so much to reflect reality while other countries are not testing as much and probably so have massive spikes like we did last week?
Which states had the massive spikes?

vuudu

2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Which states had the massive spikes?
Is this a serious question? Or is your media sources so insulated?
'STAY HOME': Texas Residents Receive Emergency Alert Regarding COVID-19 Surge
if your media sources are not talking about, it does not mean this is not happening. Texas is following the lead of our President. Houston ICU has reached critical mass.
Look up Arizona and a dozen of other states that were praised by Trump for opening very early. He has hedge his bet and this time, if he blames the Governors, it will be clear to maybe more of his base who he is. Maybe not.

Last edited:

1960Pats

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Is this a serious question? Or is your media sources so insulated?
'STAY HOME': Texas Residents Receive Emergency Alert Regarding COVID-19 Surge
if your media sources are not talking about, it does not mean this is not happening. Texas is following the lead of our President. Houston ICU has reached critical mass.
Look up Arizona and a dozen of other states that were praised by Trump for opening very early. He has hedge his bet and this time, if he blames the Governors, it will be clear to maybe more of his base who he is. Maybe not.

It was a very simple question and I never implied that it wasn't happening. I just wanted to know which states. Maybe instead of listening to the mediots you could take a course in reading comprehension.

This is truly alarming!

If you can't answer a very simple question without getting alarmed then you frighten too easily.

Btw, the reason I asked the question this morning is because I have a site that @Tony2046 posted early on that keeps track of the cases state by state and I was hoping to look at the numbers.

But if the question is too difficult or scary for you both then I'll understand.

vuudu

2019 Weekly Picks Winner
It was a very simple question and I never implied that it wasn't happening. I just wanted to know which states. Maybe instead of listening to the mediots you could take a course in reading comprehension.

If you can't answer a very simple question without getting alarmed then you frighten too easily.

Btw, the reason I asked the question this morning is because I have a site that @Tony2046 posted early on that keeps track of the cases state by state and I was hoping to look at the numbers.

But if the question is too difficult or scary for you both then I'll understand.
I knew it was a simple question and that is why I reacted that way. Parent in law was admitted in Dallas yesterday so it hit home a bit. I don't like that fact that VP is visiting Dallas today where the numbers there are spiking and he is going to come there, not wearing a mask, showing this bravado that is going make people follow his lead and make the public acceptance of wearing mask much more difficult.

Edit
Leaders of this admin finally said something sensible today about Covid
Vice President Pence said:
“Wear a mask. First, if you’re in the 50% of the state that requires it locally ... but for anyone if you can’t maintain social distancing... it’s just a good idea to wear a mask”
Now he is leading. Good job VP.

Sorry I responded to you that way, but for people over 65, covid can be a death sentence. I myself have been guilty of taking it lightly until it hit home. I am seeing so many Trump supporters in the red states just acting stupid when it comes to wearing a mask to reduce the spread.

Last edited:

Tony2046

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner

Found this today. It's a downloadable Excel link for the CDC website. I just opened it up but there seems to be a lot of data to work with.

National Healthcare Safety Network COVID-19 Data Dashboard