Pick Results: NE: 83.1% at BUF: 16.9%

Mon
Dec 6th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

RobertWeathers

Author of the Port Huron Statement
PatsFans.com Supporter
I have a beef.

I will preface this as saying 2 of my 3 daughters play for Tahanto HS and lost to Carver 2-1 in OT on a BS PK on Thursday.

The facts:

The Carver Boys Varsity Soccer team could not field a team b/c they lost a ton of players to graduation last year.

The boy identifies as a male and likes girls.

MA Equal Rights Act of 1976 allows boys/girls to play on boys/girls teams under extenuating circumstances.

MIAA tried to overturn it and was denied.

The boy (6'3) barely played all year.

During the state tournament, he has played the entire game.

During a playoff game vs Whitinsville-Christian he concussed a girl.

He has a major leg and is a pretty good player. He took all the kicks and didn't lose a header. He scored the tying goal. My 5'2' 100lb freshman defender didn't back down from him. I'm proud of her. She's real good, too. Might be a DII prospect if she keeps growing and improving.

He knocked down a couple on our team....but was also flattened and cried for a foul.

Carver should win the D5 tourney because of him.

Just an incredible competitive advantage.

The tourney is a joke now.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Pape

In the Starting Line-Up
They couldn't find enough guys to field a team? What happened to all the underclassmen on the squad? On the jv team?

Or is it they couldn't field a competitive team and decided not to?

Something here doesn't smell right...

And he shouldn't be playing on a girl's team... Way too big of a competitive advantage.

RobertWeathers

PatsFans.com Supporter
They couldn't find enough guys to field a team? What happened to all the underclassmen on the squad? On the jv team?

Or is it they couldn't field a competitive team and decided not to?

Something here doesn't smell right...

And he shouldn't be playing on a girl's team... Way too big of a competitive advantage.
Not sure why they were unable to field a team. They had 11 seniors graduate last year. That much I know.

The game was crazy. My little 5-2 kid stripped the ball from him and I yelled, "Way to go at him, kid!" and one of the Carver parents barked at me saying "That wasn't necessary," and I replied, "Neither is a boy on a girls team." . I usually stay quiet but I couldn't help myself.

My daughter was a bit nervous about playing him and I didn't blame her. I told her to play clean and use her size, quickness and leverage on his thighs. She played tough. So proud of her. Seeing her cry after the game was tough to see. Real tough.

If he doesn't play we win. His goal to tie it was an absolute rocket. Our goalie had no chance.

I'm still so angry. I'll let it go at some point.

Last edited:

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
I have a beef.

I will preface this as saying 2 of my 3 daughters play for Tahanto HS and lost to Carver 2-1 in OT on a BS PK on Thursday.

The facts:

The Carver Boys Varsity Soccer team could not field a team b/c they lost a ton of players to graduation last year.

MA Equal Rights Act of 1976 allows boys/girls to play on boys/girls teams under extenuating circumstances.

He has a major leg and a pretty good player. He took all the kicks and didn't lose a header. He scored the tying goal. My 5'2' 100lb freshman defender didn't back down from him. I'm proud of her. She's real good, too. Might be a DII prospect if she keeps growing and improving.

He knocked down a couple on our team....but was also flattened and cried for a foul.

Thoughts?
As best phrased by a straight man who played the role of a gay man for a decade on TV:

1636818229344.gif

Skyflarie

Rookie
I might have a bit of a bias, but I don't think people born as boys should be on girls teams no matter what. That being said, props to you RW for having a competitor as a daughter - not backing down from a challenge and going up against some major advantages is a total warrior moment ^_^
I'd totally give her a high five, especially for the ball strip!

RobertWeathers

PatsFans.com Supporter
I might have a bit of a bias, but I don't think people born as boys should be on girls teams no matter what. That being said, props to you RW for having a competitor as a daughter - not backing down from a challenge and going up against some major advantages is a total warrior moment ^_^
I'd totally give her a high five, especially for the ball strip!
Shes a tough kid. She likes boys and said he was ugly and stank. LOL.

I have no right answer for the gender issue and playing sports. Good arguments on both sides.

But boys who have a pee-pee and like girls who want to play on girls/woman teams? Absolutely not.

Skyflarie

Rookie
Shes a tough kid. She likes boys and said he was ugly and stank. LOL.

I have no right answer for the gender issue and playing sports. Good arguments on both sides.

But boys who have a pee-pee and like girls who want to play on girls/woman teams? Absolutely not.
That is too funny - he's ugly and stank. Hopefully this doesn't happen again next year ><

Ice_Ice_Brady

Antonio Brown’s New Live-In Chef
PatsFans.com Supporter
Not sure why they were unable to field a team. They had 11 seniors graduate last year. That much I know.

The game was crazy. My little 5-2 kid stripped the ball from him and I yelled, "Way to go at him, kid!" and one of the Carver parents barked at me saying "That wasn't necessary," and I replied, "Neither is a boy on a girls team." . I usually stay quiet but I couldn't help myself.

My daughter was a bit nervous about playing him and I didn't blame her. I told her to play clean and use her size, quickness and leverage on his thighs. She played tough. So proud of her. Seeing her cry after the game was tough to see. Real tough.

If he doesn't play we win. His goal to tie it was an absolute rocket. Our goalie had no chance.

I'm still so angry. I'll let it go at some point.

Why would you get called out for saying that? I can think of a lot more insulting things to get a “That wasn’t necessary response.” I mean, what if you had called the boy “she” in a sarcastic voice?

RobertWeathers

PatsFans.com Supporter
Why would you get called out for saying that? I can think of a lot more insulting things to get a “That wasn’t necessary response.” I mean, what if you had called the boy “she” in a sarcastic voice?
They were very sensitive about the fact a boy was playing on their girls team to the point of being over-protective for him There was constant back and forth between them and us. Two grandmothers were barking at each other. Crazy.

Ice_Ice_Brady

PatsFans.com Supporter
I have a beef.

The facts:

He has a major leg and is a pretty good player. He took all the kicks and didn't lose a header. He scored the tying goal. My 5'2' 100lb freshman defender didn't back down from him. I'm proud of her. She's real good, too. Might be a DII prospect if she keeps growing and improving.

Thoughts?

An absolute ****ing joke.

I argued in another thread that a transgendered high school student should be allowed to play, but that’s only because I think public schools must prioritize inclusion over competition/fairness. So, since there’s no alternative gender category, I think the public schools just need to suck it up in that case. However, here there is a boys team at the school. The problem is the qualifications aren’t met to field a team.

The team should forfeit. The team should get jeered and heckled.

RobertWeathers

PatsFans.com Supporter
An absolute ****ing joke.

I argued in another thread that a transgendered high school student should be allowed to play, but that’s only because I think public schools must prioritize inclusion over competition/fairness. So, since there’s no alternative gender category, I think the public schools just need to suck it up in that case. However, here there is a boys team at the school. The problem is the qualifications aren’t met to field a team.

The team should forfeit. The team should get jeered and heckled.
Agree 100%. If the player is struggling with their sexual identity/has assigned themselves a different sex than birth and legitimately backed by their doctors, i'm fine with them playing for whatever gender is appropriate.

I heard from my wife (you think i'm mad??) that multiple schools and the MIAA are filing an emergency appeal to ensure the boy does not play in the Final Four.

A girl received a concussion from this kid. This is serious stuff.

Ice_Ice_Brady

PatsFans.com Supporter
Agree 100%. If the player is struggling with their sexual identity/has assigned themselves a different sex than birth and legitimately backed by their doctors, i'm fine with them playing for whatever gender is appropriate.

I heard from my wife (you think i'm mad??) that multiple schools and the MIAA are filing an emergency appeal to ensure the boy does not play in the Final Four.

A girl received a concussion from this kid. This is serious stuff.

What should have happened is the boy should have been considered (and hopefully approved) to play for another school’s varsity boy’s team. Not sure if he was denied. Can’t imagine he could get denied for that and approved to play on his school’s girls team.

RobertWeathers

PatsFans.com Supporter
What should have happened is the boy should have been considered (and hopefully approved) to play for another school’s varsity boy’s team. Not sure if he was denied. Can’t imagine he could get denied for that and approved to play on his school’s girls team.
Yea not sure what happened there. I know the other 7 boys who also missed out on the boys' soccer season were given the opportunity to try out on the girls team. All declined but him.

The little puke plays club soccer as well. It's not like he comes from a poor family. He plays all the time outside of the school team.

Such BS.

Ice_Ice_Brady

PatsFans.com Supporter
Yea not sure what happened there. I know the other 7 boys who also missed out on the boys' soccer season were given the opportunity to try out on the girls team. All declined but him.

The little puke plays club soccer as well. It's not like he comes from a poor family. He plays all the time outside of the school team.

Such BS.

They had 7!? Lol. Really couldn’t have gotten to 11-12 players? Wikipedia says they have 537 students in grades 9-12.

My senior year in basketball, I was literally the only returning player on varsity basketball. We graduated 11 out of 12. There were two other seniors with me, but they weren’t very good and had been JV as juniors. The other nine guys: one sophomore (terrible) and eight freshman, none of whom were really ready for varsity but had to step in. We went like 3-11. But whatever…that’s how it goes.

This story is infuriating. There’s no way that little crap should be playing. Hope he gets kicked in the nuts.

scout

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
They had 7!? Lol. Really couldn’t have gotten to 11-12 players? Wikipedia says they have 537 students in grades 9-12.

My senior year in basketball, I was literally the only returning player on varsity basketball. We graduated 11 out of 12. There were two other seniors with me, but they weren’t very good and had been JV as juniors. The other nine guys: one sophomore (terrible) and eight freshman, none of whom were really ready for varsity but had to step in. We went like 3-11. But whatever…that’s how it goes.

This story is infuriating. There’s no way that little crap should be playing. Hope he gets kicked in the nuts.
7 our of 537....."come on man".