Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: vs 49ers
Pick Results: SF: 35.7% at NE: 64.3%
Sun
Oct 25th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

fair catch fryar

In the Starting Line-Up
Assuming the death rate remained constant for the last 6 months (and it hasn't, it has dropped dramatically), we'll only have to wait 53 years to test the accuracy of your 15 million death figure!
Let's hope so and say it does. What number of deaths is acceptable for people that believe this is a hoax, don't want to wear a mask because it violates their "Constitutional rights" and fully re-opening is worth it? 10 million? 5 million? 2 million?

The fact that we even ponder this question and whole scenario is just nucking futs!

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Well yeah, they don't want people to get infected and go back.
How does your reply address the fact Europeans are banned from visiting the US?

In the end, these mutual restrictions & bans are probably the right thing to do. They’re ok and nothing to get excited about either way.

Tough times for sure but also a good time to learn acceptance.

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Let's hope so and say it does. What number of deaths is acceptable for people that believe this is a hoax, don't want to wear a mask because it violates their "Constitutional rights" and fully re-opening is worth it? 10 million? 5 million? 2 million?

The fact that we even ponder this question and whole scenario is just nucking futs!
Wearing a mask and taking precautions should never be viewed politically, but sadly too many are doing just that

IcyPatriot

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Wearing a mask and taking precautions should never be viewed politically, but sadly too many are doing just that
Yes ... there are things I don't like and I am sure many feel the same way.
But wearing a mask and precautions in public places is not to much to ask IMO.
I wear a mask for myself and to protect others if I have it ... people need to think of others more.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Yes ... there are things I don't like and I am sure many feel the same way.
But wearing a mask and precautions in public places is not to much to ask IMO.
I wear a mask for myself and to protect others if I have it ... people need to think of others more.

absolutely right, but what you suggest is in the eyes of some a violation of their freedom

IcyPatriot

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
absolutely right, but what you suggest is in the eyes of some a violation of their freedom
Right .. IMO freedoms and obligations to your fellow man/humanity are not the same.
That is also reflected in much of the news we now see ... intolerance of others.
Some equate freedom with I am doing my own thing because I have freedom to be that way.

I just happen to disagree with that point of view ...
I think consideration of ones fellow man is important.

denverpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Are people here still celebrating that this guy got sick? Did he get better? Are you sad that he recovered? Would you have been happy if he died? Still trying to figure out this plague thing?

Kdo5

Pro Bowl Player
Are people here still celebrating that this guy got sick? Did he get better? Are you sad that he recovered? Would you have been happy if he died? Still trying to figure out this plague thing?
Here they come. Death rate rising, things getting worse. Now you guys turn to claim we are rooting for people to die.

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Here they come. Death rate rising, things getting worse. Now you guys turn to claim we are rooting for people to die.
I agree...one would have to be a d-bag to root for covid deaths or the economy doing poorly

FirstAndGoal

In the Starting Line-Up
I thought I missed something so I went back and couldn't find any cheering. I lot of tangents that had nothing to do with the thread but that's the norm... Seems like a hit and run unless I'm missing something. If anything, I'm pissed that we don't have a handle on this and I'm not welcome in other countries.

Not to belittle the seriousness of what's occurring because I take it very seriously but I can't even take the vacation I was supposed to go on with the family to Europe I had to cancel once before even though I have a better chance at keeping my family safe there than here....they don't want Americans - can't say I blame them. :/

Even tried to plan a trip to Maui for Christmas but after Sept 1, Hawaii requires a covid test within 72 hours (lab test) which takes about a week to come back meaning I would have to quarantine for half my vacation with the family in hopes that the test would be back from the labs ..no way I'm risking spending vacation in a bungalow with them and my invited mother-in-law (thanks wife) ....

Maybe Virgin Galactic will have us for a vacation or at least take my mother-in-law. :D

Fortunately, my team is still over in Germany so maybe a quick visit for Octoberfest. :D

Kdo5

Pro Bowl Player
I agree...one would have to be a d-bag to root for covid deaths or the economy doing poorly
Never for me. If I'm calling out people who were wrong it is not because I am happy people are dead. It's the opposite but people need to be called out or admit they were wrong when they've been downplaying everything or even calling it a hoax.

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Never for me. If I'm calling out people who were wrong it is not because I am happy people are dead. It's the opposite but people need to be called out or admit they were wrong when they've been downplaying everything or even calling it a hoax.
In my opinion, it’s as real as it gets. I do believe our media hasn’t been the most responsible but it’s also a mysterious virus.

I believe the pandemic of 1918 was worse as far as how deadly the virus is, but this is just as real. It’s also my opinion some think that because it’s 2020, it shouldn’t be like this. But covid is teaching us the limits of the scientific & medical community.

God willing, in a couple of years we can look back and really learn from this. It’s not a topic I like to dwell upon

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
In my opinion, it’s as real as it gets. I do believe our media hasn’t been the most responsible but it’s also a mysterious virus.

I believe the pandemic of 1918 was worse as far as how deadly the virus is, but this is just as real. It’s also my opinion some think that because it’s 2020, it shouldn’t be like this. But covid is teaching us the limits of the scientific & medical community.

God willing, in a couple of years we can look back and really learn from this. It’s not a topic I like to dwell upon

the media has been fine.....the leadership and it’s disinformation has been the problem ... and by leadership, I mean the president as well as the senate who have not prioritized their well being of the general public ..... do not blame the media for the fact that you’re a trump supporter