Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: vs 49ers
Pick Results: SF: 37% at NE: 63%
Sun
Oct 25th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

fair catch fryar

In the Starting Line-Up
I won’t speak on that, I thought from the beginning we should have waited until late May.

I just don’t like seeing people throw out stats that don’t feature honest context of what we’re dealing with. It’s pretty much the same thing as a conservative saying 99.99% of cases are non fatal, which also ignore many factors as well.

There are definitely more unreported cases, but I'm simply basing it off of the actual numbers being reported to counter far more erroneous numbers being thrown out. By referring to them as dishonest is just whistling past the graveyard.

Pape

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Hahaha! If Mass and RI had a mutual agreement that banned citizens from visiting one another’s state including work, Rhode Island would pay a much larger price.

Rhode Island benefits from Mass more than we benefit from Rhode Island.

But that’s just a childish debate that you opened.
Grow up

thats a very emotional statement you made, very judgemental - better get practicing that emotional intelligence stuff again ...

Pape

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Maybe you’re not aware that there are no covid hot spots in Massachusetts?

silly me ... of course there are no "hot spots" the whole state is awash with it... any truth to the rumor charlie baker is going to get a fleet of helicopters to start crop dusting the state with lysol?

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
There are definitely more unreported cases, but I'm simply basing it off of the actual numbers being reported to counter far more erroneous numbers being thrown out. By referring to them as dishonest is just whistling past the graveyard.
Yeah but I just don’t think now is the time to skew the numbers. There’s such a perception around the country that talking about COVID in this way is “fear mongering” so I think it’s actually counterproductive to helping the cause.

I don’t think it will ever happen, but both sides really do need to meet in the middle. We should be wearing masks and not go out of our way to infect others in huge crowds, be thoughtful individual. But we should also not be treating this as if it’s the great plague and be honest with the actual statistics of this virus. The alarmism and buzzwords used only confuse things further. It still feels like some of the alarmism stems from disdain if Trump, which I get it.

But whatever Trump’s doing should not affect our OWN best interests. Circling the argument around him doesn’t help anything.

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
silly me ... of course there are no "hot spots" the whole state is awash with it... any truth to the rumor charlie baker is going to get a fleet of helicopters to start crop dusting the state with lysol?
Hahaha...you’re a joke

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Me, a joke? Nah, I'm making a joke, at your expense, Mr Emotional Intelligence.

Thanks for playing though. You are amusing, in your own little way.
I think you’re cute too:)

Don’t blame me for emotional IQ. I didn’t invent it. My company forces us to take the training. But I find it very helpful

203Pat

In the Starting Line-Up
We need to band together and make fun of the states outside of New England. Not bicker amongst ourselves.

fair catch fryar

In the Starting Line-Up
Yeah but I just don’t think now is the time to skew the numbers. There’s such a perception around the country that talking about COVID in this way is “fear mongering” so I think it’s actually counterproductive to helping the cause.

I don’t think it will ever happen, but both sides really do need to meet in the middle. We should be wearing masks and not go out of our way to infect others in huge crowds, be thoughtful individual. But we should also not be treating this as if it’s the great plague and be honest with the actual statistics of this virus. The alarmism and buzzwords used only confuse things further. It still feels like some of the alarmism stems from disdain if Trump, which I get it.

But whatever Trump’s doing should not affect our OWN best interests. Circling the argument around him doesn’t help anything.

I do agree with your assessment of how we should handle it going forward, but the people who have been studying this stuff long before Covid showed up are trying to tell us what to do to get through it. Where I disagree is that it is all about Trump at this point. He failed at the first chance to contain and control the spread and damage of the virus in the very beginning and he continues to flounder helplessly by trying to politicize it from every angle and he keeps failing to take the opportunity to show true leadership.

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Yeah and instead of seeing what was going on and taking proper precautions and learning from how it was spreading and how New England curbed it they did nothing. Now it’s under control up and here and those ignorant rednecks are going to screw it ip for everyone.
Nothing wrong with rednecks!

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
We need to band together and make fun of the states outside of New England. Not bicker amongst ourselves.
I think there’s a reason why we are the UNITED States of America. I love all 50 without exception

We can’t take credit for where we were born or grew up.

Jlaff

Early Bird Specials
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Considering that the death rate of 140,000 among 3.3 million confirmed cases is roughly 5%, if we strive for herd immunity(which is being studied whether a person can actually develop full immunity) among 33o million Americans then we would have to accept an estimated 15 million deaths. If you're okay with that then I don't know what else to say.
Assuming the death rate remained constant for the last 6 months (and it hasn't, it has dropped dramatically), we'll only have to wait 53 years to test the accuracy of your 15 million death figure!

Nunchucks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I like how people think this is all about Trump - The rest of the world took this very seriously, more seriously in fact and now they have the virus under control - I will say again, we are banned from Europe - they will not allow us to visit there because we are an infected country.

This is not about Trump - well it is...but it isn't some hoax, like a migrant caravan heading to the border, it is a real threat and the rest of the world has acted accordingly.

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I like how people think this is all about Trump - The rest of the world took this very seriously, more seriously in fact and now they have the virus under control - I will say again, we are banned from Europe - they will not allow us to visit there because we are an infected country.

This is not about Trump - well it is...but it isn't some hoax, like a migrant caravan heading to the border, it is a real threat and the rest of the world has acted accordingly.
Just as an FYI, Europeans are also banned from traveling here. Europe is only allowing other Europeans to travel to their respective countries.

it’s similar to the US where we only allow people from other states to visit. Most European countries are the size of our states

Nunchucks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Just as an FYI, Europeans are also banned from traveling here. Europe is only allowing other Europeans to travel to their respective countries.

it’s similar to the US where we only allow people from other states to visit. Most European countries are the size of our states
Well yeah, they don't want people to get infected and go back.