Pick Results: SF: 35.7% at NE: 64.3%
Sun
Oct 25th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

IcyPatriot

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
will somebody PLEASE shut this idiotic, bombastic narcissist up? Put up a "Supermoron Plays Doctor For No One Who Cares" thread and lock him into it. Jeezus krist...every Gd'ed day, no matter the thread subject, Junior Jerkoff starts vomiting his pigheaded "expert" disease analysis. It's a Patriots fan FOOTBALL site, not Lunatic Shut-in From Mars-ginia singular focus group.

Go away. Get some freaking meds.
Take a breath ... we need you for the regular season.

BaconGrundleCandy

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Boston is a covid hub. A center of the disease. And you all come south for the weekend and vacations, absolutely do not follow the quarantine procedures and have a greater chance of spreading the virus, vs the people from ri who work there ... Who a greater majority are now telecommuting to work ...

Stats lie. base numbers show that there is a greater likely hood that 110 thousand positive people will spread the disease faster ... It's common sense. More people equates to a greater risk.

How about this you stay in Mass, I, having already cancelled the annual family trip to cape ann, will stay in ri ...

Pape

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Stop it. You creatures turn 24 into NASCAR every morning racing up here for work.
what are you talking about? Those guys running up 24 arent from rhode island... they are from the providence plantations... yeesh... dont know a damn thing and still spouting off

Joker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
No it is NOT. Salty Brine beach is SAND HILL COVE next to Galilee. Narragansett Beach is 8 miles NORTH on RT. 1A. I grew up in South County, learned to surf at the town beach and I'm currently a member of the Dunes Club just north of the town beach right at the mouth of the Narrow River.

BaconGrundleCandy

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
what are you talking about? Those guys running up 24 arent from rhode island... they are from the providence plantations... yeesh... dont know a damn thing and still spouting off
Yea ok. Little Compton, Tiverton and a bunch of other places use 24. A ton of RI are coming here for work. Which I understand. Mass is incredibly expensive. If you're union idc and want you to make $. Just don't pretend that we're flooding RI when you guys depend on Boston every day.

BaconGrundleCandy

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
No it is NOT. Salty Brine beach is SAND HILL COVE next to Galilee. Narragansett Beach is 8 miles NORTH on RT. 1A. I grew up in South County, learned to surf at the town beach and I'm currently a member of the Dunes Club just north of the town beach right at the mouth of the Narrow River.

Idc I'm pretending it is to fuxk with someone Joe

Pape

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Yea ok. Little Compton, Tiverton and a bunch of other places use 24. A ton of RI are coming here for work. Which I understand. Mass is incredibly expensive. If you're union idc and want you to make $. Just don't pretend that we're flooding RI when you guys depend on Boston every day.
true story ... took wife to get ice cream... bmw from mass, parked in two spots in front of cold stone... you guys are worse than flood water in the bible

edit ... im from south county ... and that pic of the beach you posted? yeah, that ****s happening ... today every state beach hit full capacity by noon... and most of those people are from out of state... i may have been pulling some legs earlier, teasing a few peeps, but that **** is real bacon

private beaches ftw

Joker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Come down 24? hit the state line in Tiverton? drive all the way to Little Compton? Goosewing Beach? Good luck trying to get in anywhere down there. THAT is what is called the "East Bay". I have to drive 45 minutes over three bridges just to get there and find out there's no admittance.
Nah, I'll stay in Charlestown and go to rocky,broken glass littered, cluttered with greasy eyetalian type Vo Dilunders East Beach. Sure it sucks but it's all we poor useless RhodeIslanders really have. You're right...stay clear and far away from this cesspool of a place. In fact, it's NEVER a good time of the year to come down here.

Jangles

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
The CDC estimate (and getting long in the tooth at that.)

You would like it to be true that overall, .26% of people with COVID-19 will die. We will leave aside the very serious often lifelong health complications of survivors and focus on those who are dying.

By the way, my bookmark for WorldOMeter dates back to when I most recently added the bookmark, and has the totals from that time in there... "United States: 32,356 cases, 414 deaths."

This is interesting because, of course, we all remember those days. You and your allies were in the close your eyes real hard and say it doesn't matter phase. Ah, the halcyon days... I was in the count the 8-day quintupling rate, keep my eye on it, watch the full hospitals proceed to shortages then to deaths vigil.. in any event, all quite interesting for those of us who've been right on this disease.

At present, WorldoMeter has us at 3.4 million cases and 137,000 deaths. Yes, rounded. So around 4%. That's accepting the undercount of deaths, per what all the public health gurus say is going on.

So, if we don't worry about injury, however serious, and just concern ourselves with deaths; and, we accept the undercount; then the present observed case mortality rate is about 4 percent.

Bear in mind, by the way, that any claim that "we have more cases because there is more testing" should theoretically be resulting in plummeting observed mortality.

However, you can compare that early suite of numbers (1.3% observed mortality) to the present rate (about 4% observed mortality,) it's clear that case mortality has increased rapidly. Of course, this is because once infected, people take a while to get symptoms at all, and many of those take a long time to die.

Now that said, we have before us the task of what 3.4 million observed cases actually means.

Well first off, it means roughly 1% of the U.S. population is known to have the virus.

The number that you like is that .26 percent of those with COVID-19 die. The observed rate is about 4%. So, if we can accept fudging the .26 percent guess to .25 percent (for convenience,) you need 16 million people in the U.S. to have the disease.

We do not have evidence of this being the case, of course. However, the CDC did put out an estimate that it's a .26% fatal disease.

So by the requirements of this guess, we have in the neighborhood of 16 million cases at present (minus lag time to death).

But don't forget, many of these cases are still active. So the better math would go from resolved cases. Right now, 1.5 million people are considered recovered, and 137,000 have died of COVID. So, about 9% observed fatality among resolved cases.

To get to your .26% fatality, using that same back-of-the-envelope fudge (.25% instead of .26%), you'd need that 9% observed fatality to be off by a factor of 36.

We'd actually have to have not 1.5 million recovered, but 54 million recovered, to that 137,000 dead, to get to .26 percent.

So, about 1/6 of the population should have recovered from COVID already, if the .26 percent guess is correct.

That's the proportion that should be testing positive for antibodies and negative for active virus.

Now, I didn't find a good number, but in looking I found that as of May, the CDC was actually lumping together positive for antibodies with positive for COVID.

The CDC is lumping positive COVID-19 viral and antibody tests together. Here's why that's bad. | Live Science

I hope this is just old news.

But that's your target: 1/6 of Americans should have already recovered from COVID, for the .26 guess to be true. That optimistic thought would get us to an eventual death toll of "only" the better part of a million Americans needlessly lost. (600k and up)

Gonna need the cliff notes. Not reading that book

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Hence the term "confirmed cases". I never said this number was finite, but you can only extrapolate data with the numbers you have. What sounds baffling to me is that people still ignore the overwhelming evidence and advice from people who study this stuff for a living and care absolutely nothing about politicizing it. It's a pandemic and the countries that are taking it seriously are getting over it quicker while we flounder and whine about it. How can you not expect a grim outcome with the way we are handling this? Look at the surge in the states that opened too early. It's not rocket science. I also don't understand the rationale for someone to think it won't be that bad and to think it will magically disappear like Trump has said twice now.
I won’t speak on that, I thought from the beginning we should have waited until late May.

I just don’t like seeing people throw out stats that don’t feature honest context of what we’re dealing with. It’s pretty much the same thing as a conservative saying 99.99% of cases are non fatal, which also ignore many factors as well.

FCB02062

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Looks like he's out of the hospital. Another discharge, didn't need a vent, very mild symptoms, full and complete recovery expected.as is the case with 98-99.9999999% of people not in a nursing home

Funny how we've gone from we're all gonna die, to 2M dead, to flatten the curve, to cases cases cases!

I knew this was a hysteria when CO listed a guy w a .55 BAC as dead from Corona...
Colorado health officials under fire for saying drunk man died of coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Boston is a covid hub. A center of the disease. And you all come south for the weekend and vacations, absolutely do not follow the quarantine procedures and have a greater chance of spreading the virus, vs the people from ri who work there ... Who a greater majority are now telecommuting to work ...

Stats lie. base numbers show that there is a greater likely hood that 110 thousand positive people will spread the disease faster ... It's common sense. More people equates to a greater risk.

How about this you stay in Mass, I, having already cancelled the annual family trip to cape ann, will stay in ri ...
Hahaha! If Mass and RI had a mutual agreement that banned citizens from visiting one another’s state including work, Rhode Island would pay a much larger price.

Rhode Island benefits from Mass more than we benefit from Rhode Island.

But that’s just a childish debate that you opened.
Grow up

Last edited:

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
1. stats are stats. stats lie.
2. CDC COVID Data Tracker
3. im not implying anything. I am out right stating that people from covid hot spots are inundating the local communities here, which increases the risk of disease transmission.
4. I deal with mass drivers, ny drivers, ct drivers, nh drivers, ri drivers every day of the week. I live where you all vacation. I travel the highways, byways, back roads, etc for work. so, doubtful.
Maybe you’re not aware that there are no covid hot spots in Massachusetts?

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
If we were getting 10K cases a day like FLA and TX I have no doubt we would go back to square one. Even half that. That would mean mass spread and out of control. I mean the unemployment rate is still sky high...at this point the damage is done for years and years to recover. Another 6 months I don't think will break our backs if we can save lives.

During a pandemic the rules change. Or should change
Initially the fatality rate was thought to be at least 10x higher that we what we know now.

So the facts have changed. Protect the vulnerable and let the young & healthy do their thing while practicing covid safety