PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can't buy a "custom" Pats Malcolm Butler jersey

A Defiant Goose

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
So I've been meaning to buy a white 21 Butler Pats jersey to throw my SB 49 logo on ever since we won in 2014. Was gonna go for it today (since I got a football fanatics discount from that sip and peel Dunkin thing) but they won't let me create a custom jersey with 21 and Butler? Wtf? I was able to do it before with a Branch 84 after he left New England after his second stint. Some kind of rule against this?

Obviously if I choose some other number and Butler it gives me no problem. Kinda dumb.

So I've been meaning to buy a white 21 Butler Pats jersey to throw my SB 49 logo on ever since we won in 2014. Was gonna go for it today (since I got a football fanatics discount from that sip and peel Dunkin thing) but they won't let me create a custom jersey with 21 and Butler? Wtf? I was able to do it before with a Branch 84 after he left New England after his second stint. Some kind of rule against this?

Obviously if I choose some other number and Butler it gives me no problem. Kinda dumb.

Can you use an I instead of an l? I assume the jerseys come in all upper case letters.

That does sound like a deliberate ban on #21 Butler jerseys, which makes no sense to me. I've heard of fans of NFL players with the last name "Gay" having trouble getting their jerseys custom-made, as well as the classic Ron Mexico ban, but why can't we have a #21 Butler Patriots jersey?

For what it's worth, I also can't make a custom 33 Lewis or a 9 Brees jersey. So it must have something to do with them being active with that number on another team. Kinda lame. Was hoping I could gift my Broncos fan friend a Denver Broncos 12 Brady jersey, too

what about M. Butler

Try “Buttler ;-)~~~” and see if that works.

what about M. Butler
Stickler for it being as close to "authentic" as possible. Gonna try and get it signed at the Titans game. I may just try and find one off ebay or add/remove the extra letter but I'm not sure if the letters are sewn on individually or if it's one big tacky nameplate sewn on to it

Just buy it on DHGate. Search "patriots butler." Save the absurd markup you'd pay to the NFL as pure rent.

Jerseys - Custom - Patriots ProShop

The Patriots Pro Shop should let you order a custom Butler #21 jersey.

The newer jerseys are a bit different than the ones they wore in 2014, although I'm not sure if that matters for you.

Jerseys - Custom - Patriots ProShop

The Patriots Pro Shop should let you order a custom Butler #21 jersey.

The newer jerseys are a bit different than the ones they wore in 2014, although I'm not sure if that matters for you.
Thanks. Not really, as long as there isn't a difference like Nike vs Reebok logo I don't mind it

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back