PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can Boston win the championship grand slam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be delighted if any of our teams win it all this year.
The Red Flops are off to a very bad start.
The Celtics can't seem to hold a lead even when they get one.
The Pats defense won't be the same without Flowers.
I haven't seen enough of the Bruins.

Too bad you're missing out on the most exciting team in town then.

Yeah and the other thing to mention is THE WARRIORS.

This Celtics team was built to beat the Warriors, which is why we have more success against GS than anybody else in the league. Hayward and KI were the missing pieces. Unfortunately the team can’t figure out how to play well together now that everyone is healthy.

But this team was not built to beat the Raptors who will absolutely abuse us with their size. So who cares.

This Celtics team was built to beat the Warriors, which is why we have more success against GS than anybody else in the league. Hayward and KI were the missing pieces. Unfortunately the team can’t figure out how to play well together now that everyone is healthy.

But this team was not built to beat the Raptors who will absolutely abuse us with their size. So who cares.
I guess the hope there is that Philly will take out Toronto, but that seems unlikely.

I think Bucks are asking too much from role players to win it (plus Brogdon might not be back soon and he's one of their best guys and a Celtics killer), tall task for the Celts but they can beat the Bucks. I'd be stunned if the Bucks won the title, but they can certainly make it. My hot take is Boston-Philly ECF.

Lowry still sucks in the playoffs, I would have traded him.
Speaking of the Bucks, this is even more OT, but it warmed my cold heart:

Dunno about the Bruins. They have been injured all year...but managed the 2nd best record in the NHL. They have the defense and goal tending to do it though.

The Celts....TBH I think Indiana is the perfect opponent for us...if we get by Indiana...I think we are good enough to go to the ECF's. Indiana plays hard despite losing Olipadio in January or so. I wish we finished ahead of Philly...we should have BTW....so we would have Embiid on Giannis....I think that would force the Bucks to rely heavily on Bledsoe, Middleton, and Co. (Brodgan is out for a bit). So, to reach the finals we have to deal with a tough Indiana team, the Greek Freak, and then Leonard... a tall order, but I can see the Celts playing a lot better in a SERIES vs. one team at a time during the regular season. With a SERIES, Stevens can make adjustments from game to game. Also, players can lock in on their opponents. It may be a good thing that we would be on the road for the first 2 games in rounds 2 and 3....we would lose 1 stupid game...adjust...make game 2 more competitive...bring it home and likely tie up the series and push it to 6-7 games regardless.

4 teams, 1 cup? :eek:

Stupid thread. Celtics don't have a rat's chance in hell.

No.

Warriors and Tampa will be the champs

I certainly hope so. We have the Pats. Now we shall see what the Bruins and Celtics can do. In the fall we shall see where the Sox are at.

What a great sports area.

Go Bruins, Celtics, and Sox.

Got Bruins +900 to win the title. Too easy.

There are other teams in Boston? :D

It disappoints me to say but I have strong doubts that the Celtics even make it out of the second round. And it would not be a shock if they lost in the first.

If they somehow flip the switch and get into a rythm, after not having one all season they could reach the ECF. But it doesn't look good.

People think the Lighting will be in the Final lmao? Couldn’t be me

If the stars align perfectly then who knows, but a title is definitely the outcome of a good combination of circumstances, let alone four titles :
-it takes our teams to put things together at the right time and start playing solid playoff basketball / hockey / football / baseball. The Pats have being doing this five years in a row (three SB wins and two close losses in AFCCG 2016 and SBLII), while the Sox were the best team in baseball by far last year and brought their a-game all through the postseason.
-it takes some lucky / clutch moments, Benintendi having a game-saving diving catch with bases loaded, or Dee Ford negating a would-be game sealing interception with a false start.
-the matchups at every round have to be favorables.
-unless our teams prove particularly hot and dominant, the level of the top contenders has to be a little bit weaker than others years : in other words, it has to be our year and no one elses year

Considering all this, i can see both teams reaching their conference finals, but it remains to be known how high they would be able to elevate their game in 7-game series against the Raptors or the Lightning. That's where the stars would have to start aligning.

Last edited:
They’ll be in the Finals.
Celtics: 1. Smart hot 2. Team defense 3. Brad genius

all three = they have a chance

Bruins: What evidence exactly is out there to make one think the officials are not screwing us again as they now do annually? Anyone?

4 teams, 1 cup? :eek:
My wife just showed me that video for the first time ever and I almost puked. I should’ve known something was up when she willingly showed me a vid that started with bare breasts.

My wife just showed me that video for the first time ever and I almost puked. I should’ve known something was up when she willingly showed me a vid that started with bare breasts.

Lol wow, I didn’t watch more than 5 seconds or so of that video

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye