PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can Boston win the championship grand slam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No because their season's aren't finishing in the same year.

Sox and Pats are 2018
Bruins and Celts would be 2019

For the same of playing along, Bs have a good shot. They need to outmuscle and outgrind TB somehow. Not sure that is possible.

C's....no chance. They are fractured. Especially with Smart not 100%
Maybe meaningless, but in the other 3 major sports none of the teams with the best record season record in league history went on to win the title.

No because their season's aren't finishing in the same year.

Sox and Pats are 2018
Bruins and Celts would be 2019

The thread should be named "Can Boston teams all win championships in same fiscal year ending June 30th?"

BTW do the NBA playoffs finish up by then?

Cherrington got fired for signing the likes of Fat Panda to obscene undeserved contracts.
I fear history is repeating itself though a much skinnier dead weight this time.
Yikes

I equate this Bruins team to this recent Pats team.... great guys who work their asses off. They need to be close to perfect to get by Tampa but they do have the quality to match them at times. My worry is fundamentally sound but perpetually unspectacular Tuukka
Dombrowski has a shelf-life. Montreal. Florida. Detroit.

They tried not to repeat themselves with the Lester f-up. The problem is Lester never got shoulder fatigue from 2 minutes of pitching batting practice.

re: Bruins....Cassidy will not screw around with hoping Rask finds his groove vs TOR. If Rask is off he will not hesitate putting in Halak (who I think is better than Tuuka)

Maybe meaningless, but in the other 3 major sports none of the teams with the best record season record in league history went on to win the title.
IMO is all a matter of playing well in the regular season and whomever plays their best at the end and in the playoffs wins.

This Celtics season has been so frustrating. So inconsistent. I just don't see them finding a way to been potentially IND and TOR and MIL and GS/HOU

The thread should be named "Can Boston teams all win championships in same fiscal year ending June 30th?"

BTW do the NBA playoffs finish up by then?
Mid/late June is typically when the Finals are done.

IMO is all a matter of playing well in the regular season and whomever plays their best at the end and in the playoffs wins.

This Celtics season has been so frustrating. So inconsistent. I just don't see them finding a way to been potentially IND and TOR and MIL and GS/HOU
I don't think a team with only one star is championship caliber in Milwaukee. Sounds dumb to say considering the Celtics season, but I don't quite trust Toronto either. They can't win close games.

I think the Dubs are vulnerable but, none of the teams with home court can beat them. I think Dubs will get at least one road win vs anybody, winning two games in Oakland is impossible.

I don't think a team with only one star is championship caliber in Milwaukee. Sounds dumb to say considering the Celtics season, but I don't quite trust Toronto either. They can't win close games.

I think the Dubs are vulnerable but, none of the teams with home court can beat them. I think Dubs will get at least one road win vs anybody, winning two games in Oakland is impossible.
MIL is a very, very good team. They are better than the Cs. I would not pick them to beat GS or HOU however. That is a whole different level of hoops

TOR is a different bunch with Kawhi.

MIL is a very, very good team. They are better than the Cs. I would not pick them to beat GS or HOU however. That is a whole different level of hoops

TOR is a different bunch with Kawhi.
I think Bucks are asking too much from role players to win it (plus Brogdon might not be back soon and he's one of their best guys and a Celtics killer), tall task for the Celts but they can beat the Bucks. I'd be stunned if the Bucks won the title, but they can certainly make it. My hot take is Boston-Philly ECF.

Lowry still sucks in the playoffs, I would have traded him.

I think Bucks are asking too much from role players to win it (plus Brogdon might not be back soon and he's one of their best guys and a Celtics killer), tall task for the Celts but they can beat the Bucks. I'd be stunned if the Bucks won the title, but they can certainly make it. My hot take is Boston-Philly ECF.

Lowry still sucks in the playoffs, I would have traded him.
Hes 6-1 and the defense is tighter in the playoffs. Plus hes 32.

Philly isn't a tough team.

I'd be delighted if any of our teams win it all this year.
The Red Flops are off to a very bad start.
The Celtics can't seem to hold a lead even when they get one.
The Pats defense won't be the same without Flowers.
I haven't seen enough of the Bruins.

I don’t pay attention to basketball any more (maybe just the Finals) but from glimpses I’ve seen, the Celtics appear to be underachieving and kind of a mess internally.

The Pats defense won't be the same without Flowers.

Just like it won't be the same without Jones and then wouldnt be the same without Collins. They finished with the best D in the league that year. Then they win the superbowl.

Celtics have zero chance. Bruins have a punchers chance.

So no.

the pats won the 2018 season, the sox won the 2018 season

the bruins and celtics are now playing to win their 2018 seasons...this is the same year we're talking about, each of these banners will say 2018 if won...

I wonder if this year's Red Sox are looking forward to pitchers and catchers reporting next February.

Well, it's not like a basketball championship is worth anything anyway. All I see when basketball is on is "zzzzz..."

Well, it's not like a basketball championship is worth anything anyway. All I see when basketball is on is "zzzzz..."

I quickly change the channel because I hate falling asleep too early

I quickly change the channel because I hate falling asleep too early
Exactly. Messes up my sleep schedule, makes the next day at work a long one. Gotta do something that stimulates the brain.

Unfortunately the Revolution suck, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes