PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brady “checked out” after Steelers loss in 2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2018? The running game carried the offense to the Super Bowl title. Agreed about Bedard though. That’s what I’d expect from Trollin not him.
I was referring to the KC game, not many QBs win that game.

Five stages of grief:
  1. Denial
  2. Anger <- Patsfans forum is here
  3. Bargaining
  4. Depression
  5. Acceptance

Five stages of grief:
  1. Denial
  2. Anger <- Patsfans forum is here
  3. Bargaining
  4. Depression
  5. Acceptance

Who is in grief?

Pretty ballsy article to put out there since I think they didn't lose after that Pittsburgh loss. More like stupid though.

It would've been more believable had it been after AB was released as his body language did a 180 degrees. @FCB02062 calls him "Sad Tom" as that's what he looked like and would even laugh in disgust when guys would run the wrong route.

It's bizarre fans really thought he'd return after last season.

Bedard used to be a good football analyst. I don't know what happened to him. Perhaps too much Felger and Mazz. It's a shame because I always enjoyed his football break downs and now he is just a hot take guy. Awful.

It's been downward for Bedard since he started his borderline failure of a pay site...

At this point it doesn’t matter when he checked out

Brady checked out when he realized Stidham was serious competition this coming season. But I'm not going to rag on him for it - he's deserved to end his career as he pleases on his own terms.

Brady checked out when he realized Stidham was serious competition this coming season...
Yeah that's the ticket...not...

If Brady needed a reason to "check out" this season, he simply would've just poked his head into the TE & WR rooms to find it...

Maybe Belichick not drafting a TE last year—he was too busy with drafting guys that essentially got redshirted like Joejuan and the Alabama RB whose name is Harrid—that made the GOAT say WTF.

This year Bill overcorrected his mistake, but that caused him to make the big mistake of this year’s draft: not drafting a stout run-stuffing NT.

Over correcting causes traffic accidents.

Maybe Belichick not drafting a TE last year—he was too busy with drafting guys that essentially got redshirted like Joejuan and the Alabama RB whose name is Harrid—that made the GOAT say WTF.

This year Bill overcorrected his mistake, but that caused him to make the big mistake of this year’s draft: not drafting a stout run-stuffing NT.

Over correcting causes traffic accidents.
A run stuffing DT is important- and they need one but id stop short by saying not drafting one was a big mistake.

Keep an eye on Onwenu making a positional change

Josh Gordon checked in to Rehab after the Pitt game.

Wonder how the Chargers, Chiefs and Rams felt about losing to a "checked out" Tom Brady hahaha

The GOAT. Beat the top 3 teams in the league by total DVOA in the playoffs while being checked out. Amazing.

Most of this board checked out.

Maybe he could do a "Peter King" bloviation and just chat about lattes.

maybe.....I don't read/listen to those guys.....I get all of my information here, from the posters, not from news articles.....no vetting required

To be fair, I checked out around the Steelers game and checked back in during the Chiefs game. Probably not a unique experience.

You weren't alone. I remember coming down fairly hard on some of you at that time. Good to see you owning up to your mistake.

2018 was really an amazing run. The team never looked championship caliber until the post-season began. I do remember Brady talking to the reporter after the Chargers game saying how everyone was saying the Pats suck and that we'll see what happens. That moment really galvanized them as they blazed into KC and won in a shoot out and then dropped the hammer on the Rams offense. If all this happened while Brady was somehow checked out which really is laughable, then it makes me love that run even more. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes