OT: Bombshell article about Washington organization.

2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Elijah

The Tom Brady Of Not Having A Gf
PatsFans.com Supporter
Too early to say it will be the best part, but willing to wager it’s top 3...

I assume when the all the details emerge the situation will be too sad to laugh at. But right now we're in the sweet spot.

Steve:Section 102

The real ruler of Westeros.
PatsFans.com Supporter
I don't really care, other than thankful it's not us.

Sorta OT: someone asked me yesterday if I thought there'd be football this year. I said the NFL will 100% play, because they are tone deaf to media negativity, they only care about the money. This is the same thing. Let's assume it's bad. Really bad, like Hollywood movie made up chit. Hookers, blow, harassment, illegal chit. Even if guys lose jobs and get charged with crimes, the train will keep on a-rollin'. Nothing stops the NFL locomotive.

upstater1

Pro Bowl Player
Oh my God!!! Humans doing sexually taboo interactions with each other!! THIS MUST BE STAMPED OUT!!! I insist that from now on only 26 gender neutral LGBTQ endorsed owners be allowed to own NFL football teams!

If Belichick had benched Malcolm Butler because he caught Malcolm with B's girl, you would be maybe irked.

XLIX

Pro Bowl Player
This whole thing is very strange. It's like everyone knows there is a bombshell but no one knows what it is. It is amazing how so many mediots know about it but nothing has leaked out. The Post certainly doesn't seem to be in any rush to report it so they're not worried about being scooped. The publication breaking the bombshell is owned by a guy who supposedly wants to buy an NFL team, so no conflict of interest there.

Still, it's nice to have NFL drama not involving us....

XLIX

Pro Bowl Player
If Belichick had benched Malcolm Butler because he caught Malcolm with B's girl, you would be maybe irked.
Yeah but the problem with that comparison is Belichick has been here 20+ years, he's still our HC for the foreseeable future and you're talking about a Super Bowl.

If my favorite team had a revolving door of HCs coming and going every couple years, and the one who recently got fired (and is already gone) was discovered to have done something real sleazy but nothing that made the difference in any games that mattered, I'd probably roll my eyes and move on.

If that rumor is true, is sure opens up potential liability for Alex Smith to pursue, though. Tough to prove but I imagine he'd be the most irked of anyone.

lancerman

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
This whole thing is very strange. It's like everyone knows there is a bombshell but no one knows what it is. It is amazing how so many mediots know about it but nothing has leaked out. The Post certainly doesn't seem to be in any rush to report it so they're not worried about being scooped. The publication breaking the bombshell is owned by a guy who supposedly wants to buy an NFL team, so no conflict of interest there.

More likely everyone in the know is aware of what the story is but nobody is putting their neck out to be first and want to let the guy who has all their sources and ducks in a row go first

XLIX

Pro Bowl Player
More likely everyone in the know is aware of what the story is but nobody is putting their neck out to be first and want to let the guy who has all their sources and ducks in a row go first
Since when does outlets like ESPN give a damn about facts and accuracy? If this was, like, the 1960's I might believe what you're saying.... but in this day and age, everyone in the media wants to report first, verify later.

XLIX

Pro Bowl Player
I hope if its real bad and Dan has to sell the team that Mr Amazon gets iced out of buying it. The whole thing just stinks.
I just can't imagine Snyder selling to the guy who is responsible for so much of this. Bezos would have to outbid everyone else by a considerable amount. Now, of course, he can certainly afford to outbid everyone else, but is he is the type to pay significantly more than fair market value for an asset just so he can expand his toybox? Maybe, maybe not.

Patstopia

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Although I thought they had hit rock bottom hiring Gruden ,I am sure no matter what is dredged up, they will be given the benefit of the doubt and no fines will be imposed. After all its not like they recorded a vid in the wrong place.

Jangles

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Hey if nothing else it makes our quote “scandals” suddenly look very very small.

Didn’t we just lose a 3rd rounder a couple weeks ago? I’ve already almost forgotten about the whole thing.
Not really

they aren’t related at all

Hyped

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter

IMO, lawyers are already all over this like white on rice. It's why the story is being held back....they need to work the legal ins and outs......