OT: After Mass Layoffs in 2017 ESPN Morning Show to Spend Nearly 15 Million on Salaries. LOL!

2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

dafoe2016

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

dreighver

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Don't know if any of it is is true, but that's what Fox is claiming. Including 5 million to relative nobody Michelle Beadle. nearly double what they are paying Jaylen Rose. I wonder if she will whine about pay inequality. Or is that only an issue when a woman is making less than the man? Surely, she will give up some of her salary to Rose in the interest of "equality".

ESPN assailed for giving multimillion-dollar salaries to new morning show stars after widespread layoffs

"Or is that only an issue when a woman is making less than the man"

You seem to have forgotten the bit about unequal pay for *doing the same job*. The issue is when women make less than men for *doing the same job*. Beadle and Rose have different jobs at ESPN; one is a host while the other is an analyst.

I'm not a huge ESPN guy anymore but I do enjoy their NBA coverage. While Beadle may be a "nobody" to you, I find her to be an entertaining host, and I enjoy the analyses of Jaylen Rose, Paul Pierce and Chauncey Billups a lot. One of the few times bringing in former players to analyze their respective sport has gone well in my opinion.

As I said I'm not a big ESPN guy anymore and I find a lot of their programming to be weak in general, but their NBA stuff is not only their strong suit but exceptionally good relative to the rest of the industry. If they're handing out big paychecks I'd much rather see it go to these guys than folks like SVP, or whatever other vapid and glib network celebrity they're pimping at the time.

Just my two cents.

dafoe2016

"Or is that only an issue when a woman is making less than the man"

You seem to have forgotten the bit about unequal pay for *doing the same job*. The issue is when women make less than men for *doing the same job*. Beadle and Rose have different jobs at ESPN; one is a host while the other is an analyst.

I'm not a huge ESPN guy anymore but I do enjoy their NBA coverage. While Beadle may be a "nobody" to you, I find her to be an entertaining host, and I enjoy the analyses of Jaylen Rose, Paul Pierce and Chauncey Billups a lot. One of the few times bringing in former players to analyze their respective sport has gone well in my opinion.

As I said I'm not a big ESPN guy anymore and I find a lot of their programming to be weak in general, but their NBA stuff is not only their strong suit but exceptionally good relative to the rest of the industry. If they're handing out big paychecks I'd much rather see it go to these guys than folks like SVP, or whatever other vapid and glib network celebrity they're pimping at the time.

Just my two cents.

The wage gap is a complete myth. It's been debunked a thousand different times. I was just making fun of feminism. Probably more political than I should have been.

dreighver

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
The wage gap is a complete myth. It's been debunked a thousand different times. I was just making fun of feminism. Probably more political than I should have been.

I'd be curious to see where you're getting evidence supporting the idea that there's no wage gap.

dafoe2016

I'd be curious to see where you're getting evidence supporting the idea that there's no wage gap.

From the thousands of different people who have debunked it. Women make different career choices. They make less because of that. They are not being paid less for the same work, with the same qualifications. Just google "wage gape in America debunked" if you want information. I have zero interest in arguing about this. Feminism is a supremacist hate group with an unquenchable lust for victimhood. If they cannot find it, they will make something up.

KontradictioN

Probably the nicest guy on the forum
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
From the thousands of different people who have debunked it. Women make different career choices. They make less because of that. They are not being paid less for the same work, with the same qualifications. Just google "wage gape in America debunked" if you want information. I have zero interest in arguing about this. Feminism is a supremacist hate group with an unquenchable lust for victimhood. If they cannot find it, they will make something up.

Not that I'm arguing that point, but that's leading you straight in to some confirmation bias.

dreighver

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I have zero interest in arguing about this.

I intended for this interaction to be more of a discourse than an argument, but I digress.

I concur. Based on your sentiments I have zero further interest in discussing the matter with you.

Boomer B

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
This is going to be an epic failure. They built a new studio waterfront New York which must of cost a fortune. $15m in hosts salaries. And what did they get 1st week? 25% down from last year same time slot.

There’s a big problem that TV and radio programs are getting into. Instead of picking the best talent and chemistry between hosts, they are doing the “has to be 1 woman and 1 black person along with the white host”, no matter how the chemistry is between them. Same thing in the new NY radio show taking over from Francesca. That show is tanking as well.