PatsFans.com - Mobile
PatsFans.com
Search

OT : 40 teams

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

farn

Pro Bowl Player

I believe that increasing to 40 teams would be insane, mostly due to diluting talent. But that isn’t what interests me (should they / shouldn’t they). Here is what DOES interest me. In a scenario that the league goes to 40 teams, who would posters feel are ‘the next 8 QBs’ that would start for these teams ? Off hand, I can’t really come up with any competent names for #33-40… T Lance (SF) ?

Dingleberry

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
NFL Picks Grand Champ!
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Aside from the QB dilution, there would be a serious fan base dilution. Other than St Louis, what American city--even small city--isn't already full of fans for another franchise. Any new American team would be the Chargers, a team with tepid local support.

I suppose they could go international and put teams in London, Mexico City, Pyongyang, Tehran, etc.

Tony2046

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Aside from the QB dilution, there would be a serious fan base dilution. Other than St Louis, what American city--even small city--isn't already full of fans for another franchise. Any new American team would be the Chargers, a team with tepid local support.

I suppose they could go international and put teams in London, Mexico City, Pyongyang, Tehran, etc.

Pyongyang? No way. You're out of your mind. Now if you had said Hsinchu I might be on board.

Pape

In the Starting Line-Up
Would not like...

But if they did expand, 2 teams in London, 6 in the US...

St Louis, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Birmingham, Portland, Louisville...

Stay out of Canada, unless the CFL folds...

Stay out of Mexico... Way too effing dangerous...

Dingleberry

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
NFL Picks Grand Champ!
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Would not like...

But if they did expand, 2 teams in London, 6 in the US...

St Louis, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Birmingham, Portland, Louisville...

Stay out of Canada, unless the CFL folds...

Stay out of Mexico... Way too effing dangerous...

Actually, would England as a whole be able to support 4 teams? An entire division? I could see that working. Liverpool, Manchester, London, and **** if I know where. Never been, dying to go. Picked those places because of the Beatles, Man United, and duh it's London.

Any of our British friends? Is football's popularity growing to the point it could support multiple teams?

farn

Pro Bowl Player

I’d think Toronto & San Antonio could do ok. SD & STL maybe. Portland, WA ?

Bertil

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
That would be well over 500 WORSE football players in the league. Isn’t there enough BAD football already? Along with the stupid capriciously called penalties the NFL will be a joke (more than it is now) in very short order.

How about NO, you clown-nosed buffoon!!

Ice_Ice_Brady

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
At that point, just make 2 smaller leagues with relegation.

I would LOVE this. And it would essentially create a minor league system too. You would then have the little cities trying to make the big leagues. It would be great, though it will never happen.

• Agree
Reactions: jah