PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: 2021 NFL QB Prospects List or 1st Round Discussion

I really like Zaven Collins. He seems like the Hightower heir apparent. Some draft sites even list Hightower as his comp. I like big smart LBs who can do a lot of things. I'm not opposed to Parsons but smaller fast guys like Mayo etc, sure they can go sideline to sideline but can they stuff 3rd and short and goal line. Pats LBs don't need to be super duper fast, just big smart tough, tackle well, be in the right spots, have play recognition, and be able to do a lot of things.
There's room for both types of LBs here.

The more I think about it, I'm not sure why Mac Jones isn't ranked higher. Looking at other comps, Joe Burrow had one great season and also threw to Chase and Jefferson. Tua had the same great Alabama receivers. The production that Jones put up, those are videogame stats, I don't see how he could have performed any better...

The more I think about it, I'm not sure why Mac Jones isn't ranked higher. Looking at other comps, Joe Burrow had one great season and also threw to Chase and Jefferson.
You're box score scouting QB's .
Tua had the same great Alabama receivers. The production that Jones put up, those are videogame stats, I don't see how he could have performed any better...

You're box score scouting QB's .

And you keep saying Mac is Kirk Cousins over and over which I think is extremely unfounded. Why is Mac ranked so much lower than Tua or Burrow coming out. Those guys also had great teammates. Mac excelled on every type of throw.

And you keep saying Mac is Kirk Cousins over and over which I think is extremely unfounded. Why is Mac ranked so much lower than Tua or Burrow coming out. Those guys also had great teammates. Mac excelled on every type of throw.
I think I mentioned Cousins once or twice yesterday and not before that. And I did so bc it makes sense after seeing the comp.

Why is it unfounded? You have this thing of saying stuff with any explanation at all.

Why is it unfounded and why is Mac Jones comparable to Burrow?

Kudos for reamer finding this. Wow every single throw by Mac Jones this year. What I like is it's not a highlight tape where one can just cherry pick 5 mins to make any player look good.

Trey Lance scouting report.

Weaknesses:
Raw
Lacks experience
Field vision
Locks on to primary read
Takes off running when first read is covered
Slow to work through progressions
Has to speed up the process
Needs to get comfortable throwing into tight windows

Link:

Weaknesses:
Raw
Lacks experience
Field vision
Locks on to primary read

Link:

on the plus side 1 interception in 17 games. Nfl arm strength. Super football intelligence - calls his own protections. Excellent on the board diagraming plays. His teammates love playing with him. A great locker room guy.

We're not drafting Lance; he'll be the 3rd QB off the board, and with so few picks this year, Bill should trade Down as often as possible.

The more I think about it, I'm not sure why Mac Jones isn't ranked higher. Looking at other comps, Joe Burrow had one great season and also threw to Chase and Jefferson. Tua had the same great Alabama receivers. The production that Jones put up, those are videogame stats, I don't see how he could have performed any better...

He has a weak arm. Like Tua's. But Tua has some scrambling ability. And a reason teams won't want to go for Mac Jones is that the Phins are regretting their decision to take Tua. And Tua has more dimensions than Mac Jones and he was equally productive in the same offense.

Weaknesses:
Raw
Lacks experience
Field vision
Locks on to primary read

Link:
Here's why I don't trust this analysis: it doesn't come from a scout. It comes from a writer who does have inside sources on the teams. But teams love feeding BS to these writers to knock players they secretly like. This isn't a person who dissects things himself. Instead, he's getting the scoop from the people he knows in the NFL.

I've been reading him awhile. Especially on QBs. And the info he gets is no more on target than someone just guessing.

Here's why I don't trust this analysis: it doesn't come from a scout. It comes from a writer who does have inside sources on the teams. But teams love feeding BS to these writers to knock players they secretly like. This isn't a person who dissects things himself. Instead, he's getting the scoop from the people he knows in the NFL.

I've been reading him awhile. Especially on QBs. And the info he gets is no more on target than someone just guessing.
It's Walter football lol. I mean they're awful. Reading off that is bad enough. Imagine only posting the negatives of a prospect from that site and expect to be taken seriously.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back