PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT⁝ Free Agent Tackle Orlando Brown

Pape

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
The son of Zeus, the massive 6'8" 363 pound left tackle, Orlando Brown Jr is a free agent...

as @Sciz pointed out in the Free Agency thread the cheefs are not going to tag him...

what say you? Engage in a worthy pursuit? He'll gobble up most of our cap space, but he would solidify the line... Let the other 6'8" 380 pound tackle also named Brown (no relation) slab of beef slide to the right side... We'd be set on the line for sure...

man, just imagine, the 6'3" Mac Jones will need to wear high heeled cleats to see over his line, lol

Last edited:
The downside is he will be the highest paid LT, and will cost ±$25m a year...

The upside is it will really fill a position of need

The upper upside is it will really hurt the cheefs...

Gotta wonder if the cheefs will push to get negotiations wrapped up before March 15th...

Watch the first two minutes and then the last minute. Unless the Bears start throwing silly money around (which is a possibility), I think the Pats will be in the hunt.

Lol, didn't need to be in pads :rofl:

thanks for posting that

Between he and Trent they could help the Celtics while RW III is out and actually put forth an effort for 4 quarters.

I think Phil Perry pointed out, you don't hire an offensive line coach to go sign a big ticket FA tackle.

Interesting to find out that BB has a family connection that goes beyond the football field. I like the player. He's a good but not great LT, but will likely get paid like a great one because he's the best LT available.

Whether you go after him depends on what you are seeing in the draft. There seems to be some depth in the draft at CB, OT, TE and WR in this draft. We have the space for at least one day one FA. I wouldn't hate it if we spent it on Brown

Chiefs are cutting Frank Clark. It's gonna open up about $20 million in cap space. They will resign brown, and use pick #31 to draft the best EDGE available of a super deep class.

Chiefs are cutting Frank Clark. It's gonna open up about $20 million in cap space. They will resign brown, and use pick #31 to draft the best EDGE available of a super deep class.
Saw that... 20 million dollar contract, no guaranteed money = dead man walking

It’s Broderick Jones or Paris Johnson at 14 for LT. Not sure the plan if neither is there, but I highly doubt OB is in the cards at the price he will command. Just my opinion.

You could cut Trent Brown to pay for Orlando’s first year, cap wise. I wouldn’t, though.

Orlando Brown is only 27 still. Very solid player. I would try to get him for 5-6 years even if it’s costly. They have tons of money next year. Get some long term solidity on that line and let Mac grow.

you want a long term deal with him, with maybe add a few void years to help kick the can down the road, when you invariably convert salary to bonus money

Last edited:
They may still resign Brown but they’d have to make several other moves to open up cap space, if they want to participate in free agency in any meaningful way.

Brown is a very good LT but he isn’t elite and he is going to get paid at an elite level. He’s probably a better RT than he is a LT but he wanted to be on the left because he knows that it where the big money is. I also worry about him packing on too much weight when he get that major guaranteed money.

I’d pass and target an OT with their first pick, even if they have to move up a couple of spots, to get ahead of the Jets.

I’d rather they go after the RT from SF then draft a LT with the 14th pick.

I’d rather they go after the RT from SF then draft a LT with the 14th pick.
Mike McGlinchey? Interesting... Definitely the cheaper option... did have quite a few (8) penalties, But I suppose thats a fairly average number... What do you think he's worth?

would you consider La'el Collins? He's going to be rehabbing the knee for most of next year, but could maybe get him at a discount...

or perhaps ... Kaleb McGary from Atlanta... Sneaky good RT, great run blocker, good pass blocker, and had very few penalties, only three holding calls against him last year...

Last edited:
Mike McGlinchey? Interesting... Definitely the cheaper option... did have quite a few (8) penalties, But I suppose thats a fairly average number... What do you think he's worth?

would you consider La'el Collins? He's going to be rehabbing the knee for mist of next year, but could maybe get him at a discount...

or perhaps ... Kaleb McGary from Atlanta... Sneaky good RT, great run blocker, good pass blocker, and had very few penalties, only three holding calls against him last year...
I’ll be honest what I know about these players is what I read and hear. I just know we need an upgrade at the RT position. I’ll be happy with Mike or Collins.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back