PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT⁝ Free Agent Tackle Orlando Brown

IF we're hoping that Mac's ceiling his possibly Drew Bledsoe's we have to put very good to great talent around him and that starts with the OL and a legit Left Tackle. It's obvious that Trent Brown is gone next year so as stated above if we make the splash and get Orlando Brown in FA and Draft a Rookie Swing Tackle we would be set for years to come.
Mac and Drew are different types of quarter backs... Drew had the big arm, and really was an impatient QB... Mac has the ability to be better than Drew imo

Dunno....Orlando Brown wants to be a LT...and wants serious $$$$$$$$$$.......

McGlinchey anyone? I'd rather have him at RT...to solidify that spot...then draft a LT to back up Trent Brown this season...

Maybe I’m a psychopath but I could be tempted to bring back Wynn and try again with him at LT. He used to be a fine LT if not spectacular. You just paid big bucks to an OL coach, maybe he can make Wynn work. Only downside is he’s been fragile, so you’d need a good swing tackle. Brown could be at RT.

The draft makes sense of course but I would rather use such a premium pick on a corner personally…

Maybe I’m a psychopath but I could be tempted to bring back Wynn and try again with him at LT. He used to be a fine LT if not spectacular. You just paid big bucks to an OL coach, maybe he can make Wynn work. Only downside is he’s been fragile, so you’d need a good swing tackle. Brown could be at RT.

The draft makes sense of course but I would rather use such a premium pick on a corner personally…

I understand where you are coming from. He probably needs a change of scenery at this point. I'm wondering how much of last season was a lack of respect for Patricia and how much was a lack of respect for the Patriots in general. The move to RT likely pissed him off. He might make a decent value pick up for someone on a "prove it" short term deal.

You’re on to something. He was clearly disgruntled being moved out of his comfort zone at LT.

With new coaching, he may respond. Clean slate.

I doubt he’ll command much interest on the open market for any serious bucks. A problem child 6’2” LT doesn’t light the fire of enthusiasm for most GMs.

Watch the first two minutes and then the last minute. Unless the Bears start throwing silly money around (which is a possibility), I think the Pats will be in the hunt.

That's a great video. Thanks. Also, I'm not sure who's cutting onions in here, but they better stop.

Watch the first two minutes and then the last minute. Unless the Bears start throwing silly money around (which is a possibility), I think the Pats will be in the hunt.

Wow. Awesome piece.

One rule I'd like to see is an automatic $5000 fine on any official who throws the yellow overhand or at a lateral trajectory. Up in the air only - the bag of popcorn kernels won't do anything to a helmet or pads.

Also loved another glimpse into the real BB. You show the effort and dedication to the craft and BB will always respect you - even if you're not all-world. If you have that foundation he'll find a way to put you in the best possible position to succeed.

And Zeus, Jr. - started a bit late, Dad wasn't behind it 100% at the start, and then Dad was gone at 15. But he taught the lessons early and the kid remembered them.

I could see some sense in bringing in Smith for a couple years as an “okay” LT, keeping Brown at RT for a couple more years, and then drafting some developmental prospects in the earlier rounds the next couple years to unseat those two. Trade back from #14 to add another 2nd and grab a solid tackle with one of your 2nds that can start in 2024 at one of those positions and hopefully someone else grows into the other tackle spot by 2025 as well.

I could see some sense in bringing in Smith for a couple years as an “okay” LT, keeping Brown at RT for a couple more years, and then drafting some developmental prospects in the earlier rounds the next couple years to unseat those two. Trade back from #14 to add another 2nd and grab a solid tackle with one of your 2nds that can start in 2024 at one of those positions and hopefully someone else grows into the other tackle spot by 2025 as well.
The year to land a young stud tackle for multiple years is in next months draft, I hope they draft a tackle at 14.

Maybe I’m a psychopath but I could be tempted to bring back Wynn and try again with him at LT.
Drawing Motivation GIF

Yeah, I have a suspicion that both Wynn and the patriots are ready to move on. I hope that he gets a surprisingly massive contract for the potential compensatory pick value.

The timing of this tweet is interesting. Did Isaiah think that he was a candidate to be tagged? Lol.

Orlando Brown plays every game. That is important if he's going to be paid. I like the player and he's needed. We really need to load up this year, even if it's at the expense of next year's draft picks. A cliché but BB and Kraft aren't getting any younger. It's time to mortgage the future a bit. I just wish I had more confidence in Mac Jones so we can go for it the next 2/3 years. I'm being selfish here but being a 8-9 or 9-8 team isn't doing anything for me. The schedule next year isn't a list of tomato cans.

Yeah, I have a suspicion that both Wynn and the patriots are ready to move on. I hope that he gets a surprisingly massive contract for the potential compensatory pick value.

The timing of this tweet is interesting. Did Isaiah think that he was a candidate to be tagged? Lol.

Stop the presses what will we do?? :rolleyes:
vintage publishing GIF by US National Archives

Any Team that gives him more than a one year prove it is just stupid.

1. sign him, move him to RT where he is back in a more power blocker role with a more run heavier offense i would expect due to scheme and tendecies in comparison to his role in KC
2. draft joey porter with 14th pick
3. use the second rd. pick maybe in a trade up for a LT with Harrison,Bergeron, Duncan depending on the board
4. use the rest of the picks for WR,S,WR
5. sign tremaine edmunds and a S as FA

1. sign him, move him to RT where he is back in a more power blocker role with a more run heavier offense i would expect due to scheme and tendecies in comparison to his role in KC
2. draft joey porter with 14th pick
3. use the second rd. pick maybe in a trade up for a LT with Harrison,Bergeron, Duncan depending on the board
4. use the rest of the picks for WR,S,WR
5. sign tremaine edmunds and a S as FA
Then you’re not going to be able to sign him. He was pretty adamant about playing LT like his dad, that was one of the things that led to his trade from the Ravens to begin with.

Then you’re not going to be able to sign him. He was pretty adamant about playing LT like his dad, that was one of the things that led to his trade from the Ravens to begin with.
didn't know that, only thought he wanted to at least get paid like a LT :D well Brown at LT and Wright at RT would be dope

didn't know that, only thought he wanted to at least get paid like a LT :D well Brown at LT and Wright at RT would be dope
Here’s a story about it: A promise to his father: Why Orlando Brown left the Ravens for the Chiefs

Among other quotes:
"Something he made me promise him was that I was going to be a left tackle and that I was going to play in this league for 10-plus years and be a Hall of Famer," Orlando Jr. said. "My dad understood the magnitude of [being a left tackle], often being the captain of the offensive line, often being one of the better players on offense. It was just kind of ingrained in me at a young age and ... it was a dream and goal I set for myself in this league.”

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back