One more Year, One more Ring for Troy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuRkeR1978

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Yay or Nay?

Yay or Nay?

I think it's going to be difficult with five receivers already on the roster, unless Gaffney or Caldwell is cut, or Jackson is placed on IR.

Last edited:
I would still love for him to be back for one more year

I think it's going to be difficult with five receivers already on the roster, unless Gaffney or Caldwell is cut, or Jackson is placed on IR.

That looks like the answer

I'd like to see him stay for 1 more in some capacity. He so versatile and he's obviously got some left in his tank,too. I think they'll work around him should he decide to stay-he's a veteran who knows the system and has managed to stay relatively healthy. He'd be missed.

Brown could always come back as an extra db since we always seem to get dinged up in the secondary sooner or later.

yes ! 1 year more, Troy !

I hope he comes back! After all, he was still leading the yougun's in the sprints, during last yrs training camp!!! Smarter than your average Bear too!

one more year!!!! what da ya say??????
he deserves another ring:rocker: :rocker:

I thought this thread was going to say he had decided to return.

Yay! with all the new guys it would be nice to have someone who has been around forever. I think the draft will determine wether he comes back, as it stands now there is room but if we draft someone than there isnt.

I thought this thread was going to say he had decided to return.

Yay! with all the new guys it would be nice to have someone who has been around forever. I think the draft will determine wether he comes back, as it stands now there is room but if we draft someone than there isnt.

Quoted for truth -- including the dig at the thread title.

I hope Troy decides for one more year - he understands better than anyone that doesn't mean he's assured of a roster spot...

...but since there's no telling what will happen in training camp, who might get injured, whether Jackson is healthy enough to start the season etc. etc. its far too premature to say we have 5 WRs and we're therefore all set.

Besides, Troy provides depth at other positions and is the "sure hands" punt returner as well when we don't need major return yards - just someone who won't fumble.

If anyone thinks Troy can't be a significant contributer whether we have 5 healthy WRs or not, just take a look at the heads up play he made against the Colts. If we had one or two more plays in our favor in that game, that Troy takeaway would be a constant item of discussion today and none of you would be thinking twice about whether we should find a place for Troy.

I think its time for Troy to join the shadow roster. If they give him a consideration, he can wait, stay in shape, stand by the phone for the injury phone call...

Troy for sure. I wish they'd sign me as a 3rd string kicker so I could get a ring this season.

YES!

Troy has a PhD in our offense.

He helps take some of the teaching burden off Tom. Great for depth at a number of positions, and selfless enough to play that role.

Still has great hands and can play the slot if needed. But mainly for his insights on forging simpatico with 12.

His leadership will be nearly impossible to replace. This is a big year for our WR corps...Troy could be the difference between the position being a true strength right out of the gates, or enduring a long slow transition like 2006.

He's no longer a guy you WANT on the field (unless casualties force it), but he'll be missed...

...and not just for sentimental reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down