PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One heck of a season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Some of you may have noticed that I hadn't posted very much in the past few months. The Hurricane Rita evacuation and work had kept me pretty busy and while I was able to stop in frequently to check on what was going on, I never really took the time to post very often. I guess I got used to just being an observer.

I am beyond proud of the 2005 New England Patriots. After Koppen and Gay went on IR, I had the same feelings that some here on the board did: it's so ridiculous it's almost funny, let's just sit back and enjoy the rest of the season. And I did, it was great seeing us bring it together and win another division title. And heading into the playoffs I would think about the way I felt at midseason when the team looked destroyed by injuries. I remembered telling myself that I was just going to enjoy football and whatever happens happens. Sure it's disappointing realizing that our next game is in nine months instead of one week but it doesn't change anything. I enjoyed this year, I'm proud of what the team accomplished after many people (including myself) left them for dead and I look forward to next season.

I'll be honest, the loss is made a lot easier by the fact that my Longhorns won the national title. I'm still in that emotional high that allows me to have the "Who cares, Texas still won" attitude. :)

As for the 2006 Patriots, things look great. Obviously being healthier will be the biggest upgrade. Givens needs to be locked up or a equal replacement needs to be found. (I'd like to keep David, he always seems to come through) A young RB needs to be drafted or picked up to push Dillon and be ready to replace him. The secondary needs some talented bodys and I guess it wouldn't hurt drafting another DL to be ready in case Seymour is gone after next year. Overall, I think we just need some basic re-tooling and better health and we look very dangerous again next season.

Not for nothing, but the way the JV's played against Miami in the last game of the season has me feeling optimistic.

Good to see you back on the forums, CPG. Yeah the 2005 football season has ended bittersweet for me as well. I'm glad Texas won, it was about time anyway, but it's sad to see the Pats finally lose. The future looks bright for both teams, however. IF someone steps up at QB (I'm hoping its McCoy, because his dad coaches near here) for UT, then we should be back in business; for the Pats, well as others have stated on here, we got the injured guys coming back, a good draft pick, and the rookies from this year will have more experience.

a championship-level effort

Seymour93 said:
Good to see you back on the forums, CPG. Yeah the 2005 football season has ended bittersweet for me as well. I'm glad Texas won, it was about time anyway, but it's sad to see the Pats finally lose. The future looks bright for both teams, however. IF someone steps up at QB (I'm hoping its McCoy, because his dad coaches near here) for UT, then we should be back in business; for the Pats, well as others have stated on here, we got the injured guys coming back, a good draft pick, and the rookies from this year will have more experience.
i have waited such a long time to see the patiots play like champions.
it is a pleasure to sit down and turn on a game---i really don't care who wins, the level of play is so good.
this is a young team (mcginest, bruschi, both browns, vrabel, harrison). this team will get better. i assume we pick maybe #25 and #60, should get two players. it's likely thet BB won't have to start them side-by-side.
plenty to be happy about.

Crazy Patriot Guy said:
Some of you may have noticed that I hadn't posted very much in the past few months. The Hurricane Rita evacuation and work had kept me pretty busy and while I was able to stop in frequently to check on what was going on, I never really took the time to post very often. I guess I got used to just being an observer.

Welcome back CPG!

Overall I am happy with the way we competed

We had to rebuild this year due to injuries, coaching departures, and losing Ty Law and Ted Johnson.

Duane Starks was a horrible disappointment.

Hobbs, Stone, Wilson and Samuel were solid but need Harrison, Gay, and hopefully Ty Law back to make us a really Championship defense.

The OL had devastating injuries - Light, Koppen and that hurt the running game a lot.

We did not benefit from turnovers like we had in the past. In fact turnovers screwed us against Carolina, Kansas City, and Denver.

I think we have enough talent, and we will get stronger with the draft to make another run at it next year. But there is a lot of talent coming into the league from the college ranks and we will have competition next year from Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes