PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to bye week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OFFENSE

1)It's not about play calling. It's not about Brady. It's not even about the running backs.

2)The OL is awful. We need Wynn to return, and we need a healthy Mason.

3) And believe it or not, it would help to have our backup TE's healthy.

4) The defense needs to get better in run defense, but more to the point, we need to get better at defending against the pistol formation. Thankfully, Jackson plays this more than the rest of the league put together.

5) For me, there are better QB's than Jackson. On the other hand, I think that we have a better chance against KC or HOU.

We have two weeks to wipe away this awful L against the Ravens.
Lots of things to do this bye week.

Harry should be good to go in two weeks.
Our O-line needs to improve.
Defense needs to do better against the run game.
Brady has two weeks to get healthy and rest, same goes for the other Vets on the team.

McDaniels need to come up with better plays for the rest of the team.

Dorsett 2 for 13. We need more from this guy. He was invisible tonight. Brady tried to force it to sanu most likely because no one was open.

Moreso Brady likes to force it to players he like.

It's tumbling-down-to-earth moments like this game that make you appreciate in absolute awe what the 2007 Patriots accomplished. Yeah, yeah, it's all about the SB. But the 07 Pats did what the Pats couldn't do tonight, for a full season, against a schedule that was pretty damn difficult.

Anyway, read
OFFENSE

1)It's not about play calling. It's not about Brady. It's not even about the running backs.

2)The OL is awful. We need Wynn to return, and we need a healthy Mason.

3) And believe it or not, it would help to have our backup TE's healthy.

4) The defense needs to get better in run defense, but more to the point, we need to get better at defending against the pistol formation. Thankfully, Jackson plays this more than the rest of the league put together.

5) For me, there are better QB's than Jackson. On the other hand, I think that we have a better chance against KC or HOU.

What's hurting the run game more, the o-line or the TE situation? Genuinely asking, as I'm not knowledgeable enough to make such a diagnosis.

If I went with gut, I might say TE? Seemed like when we started using Gronk as a blocker more last season, specifically towards the end of the season, our run game really shined. But there may be regular season production I'm forgetting.

Bethel impressed the hell out of me too. Sanu fitting in well. I hope harry can carve out a role - Edelman and Sanu, then the weapons fall off a cliff (WR, white is always a threat). Dorsett is fine, having to rely on him isnt a good thing.

I expect another poor outing this year, still think they go 14-2, which I'd be more than satisfied with.

**** happens, Ravens came to play and we didnt. If we see them again, itll be in foxboro and Jackson wont play this well.

Iggles get a BYE as well so we won’t have any type of advantage.

Iggles get a BYE as well so we won’t have any type of advantage.

But we have a humiliated and pissed off team looking to kick ass in 2 weeks.

Positives:

White made an amazing catch and still a very good player.
Sanu is slowly getting integrated on this offense and he is looking better and better.
Edelman is still the #1 WR, guy is a machine.
Harry is finally healthy.

I think losing a game in November will finally bring some of the players down to earth, we are not unbeatable.

Honestly, the constant “Boogeymen” crap from our defensive players was getting a bit annoying. They beat crap qb after crap qb and thought they could just show up last night and win. I hope BB knocks them down a peg.

Team is overrated. First decent qb destroys the Boogeyman. Lol bunch of clowns. Hightower was so bad out there.
Soon you'll hook up to the bandwagon. I wonder how many dislikes you will get be your comment of "Bunch of Clowns"?

The thing that sucked so much about this game is that the Patriots had the momentum until Edelman fumbled it. After that, the Ravens never looked back.

Team is overrated. First decent qb destroys the Boogeyman. Lol bunch of clowns. Hightower was so bad out there.

The defense might be a bit overrated, but only because everyone's comparing them to the 85 Bears.

I'm excited to see this offense with Wynn back and hopefully get something from Harry. Sanu is already producing like another Edelman. Dorsett makes his catches when called upon. White is still a stud. We ran the ball well too last night and Wynn will help even more. It has the makings of a dangerous unit to go along with an already elite defense + special teams coverage.

The defense might be a bit overrated, but only because everyone's comparing them to the 85 Bears.
For anyone who has some spare time, its worth watching the Bears/LOLfins MNF game from 85.

They hung 38 offensive points on da Bears. They spread em out and picked them apart with quick passes.

Matchups, matchups, matchups....

For anyone who has some spare time, its worth watching the Bears/LOLfins MNF game from 85.

They hung 38 offensive points on da Bears. They spread em out and picked them apart with quick passes.

Matchups, matchups, matchups....
Yep and unfortunately this defense’s main weakness, going back to last season now, is teams that attack them with a power running game. That’s Baltimore. Ingram and Jackson just tore us up. Strangely, we had more success stopping them when we attacked them with amoeba personnel up front on defense.

Wasn’t paying too specific of attention to Shelton/Guy and what they did or didn’t do in defending the run. Haven’t rewatched yet, but maybe someone else who’s done so could give their take on it?

A lot of good holes inside for Ingram last night and it looked like Marshal Yanda had a big role in that. Quality IOL play will continue in upcoming games against Philly (Kelce and Brooks) and Dallas (Frederick and Martin). Something to keep an eye for sure given the challenges the Pats have had with stopping the run in recent weeks.

Wasn’t paying too specific of attention to Shelton/Guy and what they did or didn’t do in defending the run. Haven’t rewatched yet, but maybe someone else who’s done so could give their take on it?

A lot of good holes inside for Ingram last night and it looked like Marshal Yanda had a big role in that. Quality IOL play will continue in upcoming games against Philly (Kelce and Brooks) and Dallas (Frederick and Martin). Something to keep an eye for sure given the challenges the Pats have had with stopping the run in recent weeks.

Philly have Big Strong OL and a Two Headed monster at RB Pats have couple of weeks to figure it out.

Really though for all the whining. We are an edelman fumble from tying the game and putting all the pressure on the ravens.

AND

We are an edelman fumble + offsides on a field goal from probably being ahead at that point. Football is a game of momentum and the fumble return for a TD and the offsides penalty killed them

Really though for all the whining. We are an edelman fumble from tying the game and putting all the pressure on the ravens.

AND

We are an edelman fumble + offsides on a field goal from probably being ahead at that point. Football is a game of momentum and the fumble return for a TD and the offsides penalty killed them

I never thought that was the momentum play. Pats came back and score a td. The offense was moving and the ravens defense looked gassed. Next ravens possession they take it down the field and make it 30-20. There’s your game. A chance to stop them on 3rd down and 5 and they give up 18 to mark Andrews. That was one of the worse drives for this defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes