PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to Baltimore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright let's not over do it. :p
2019 Sony Michel is on Pace for a less productive season than 2009 Laurence Maroney...Maroneys 2009 performance got him traded in 2010...

2019 Sony Michel is on Pace for a less productive season than 2009 Laurence Maroney...Maroneys 2009 performance got him traded in 2010...

You're comparing 1/2 Michel year to a full year Maroney.

The Patriots were 1-2 in September last year.

Just like in my sig, you seem to an ongoing problem with premature judgements.

Last edited:
Curious to see if bill rushes 3 a lot . I hope they can stop that running attack. Cover their tight ends as well.

2009 LM: 194 carries/14 receptions for 856 yards and 9 TD with 4 fumbles
2019 SM: 280 carries/12 receptions for 1030 yards and 12 TD with 2 fumbles

Not seeing less productive here.

Simply put if you hold Jackson to under 70 yards you should win. If he gets more than 70 we will need to break a trend.

@JMC00 's post above exposes that several of the >70 were unimpressive and wouldn't be nearly enough to take down NE, so I'm not sure the rule is that hard and fast.

Frankly, to put even 20 points on the board Baltimore will need either a defensive score or their best offensive performance in years. And that's true regardless of how many yards Jackson runs for.

Maroney’s 2010 performance got him traded in 2010. If his 2009 performance had been the cause, then he would have been gone way sooner than week 2 of the 2010 season.

Lacosse ? ......hope he is not another burkehead always injured. At least when burkehead is healthy he can perform , just dont get that feeling with lacosse...,a waste of a roster slot.

Certainly possible, but the team has had numerous opportunities to move on from him, so they clearly have a higher opinion than you do.

Thought about going to the game, but I have to get up early and work the next day....

:oops::(

Surprised we're only 3 point favorites. And I'm thinking this game will have a twist or two, because the actual starting time will by 9:30 in terms of body clocks. So, a few guys might be a wee bit off, or slow, or tired and generally out of sync as in a one hour rain delay.

Would be nice if Sony Michel could awaken out of his slumber and have a big game tomorrow night and actually break some tackles...
A big flaw I see in his game is that he keeps the ball in one arm in the open field which restricts him from fighting off tacklers on the same side. I thought he’d work on that but he still does it.

His game reminds me of Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis. And it’s not a compliment.

@JMC00 's post above exposes that several of the >70 were unimpressive and wouldn't be nearly enough to take down NE, so I'm not sure the rule is that hard and fast.

Frankly, to put even 20 points on the board Baltimore will need either a defensive score or their best offensive performance in years. And that's true regardless of how many yards Jackson runs for.

I consider it one and the same. To win Baltimore needs a good offensive day. For Baltimore to have a good offensive day Jackson needs to run successfully. Those 2 things are very much linked in my mind. Just as much as points if you allow him to run on you it keeps drives going and shortens the game, lessening the amount of points they need to win. When you look at games where Jackson was successfully able to run they don't really score much more. In fact they usually score less. But the scores they do get mean more as the chances the other team has are fewer.

In 2 of their losses this year they put up 28 and 25 points. More offensive points then they put up in all their wins this year during regulation(besides Miami). The difference is they couldn't keep the other offense off the field and a fair amount of their points came in garbage time.

Baltimore was down 13-30 to KC and then were forced to pass. They scored against the prevent but the fact they were limited Jackson running to that point gimped their offense and allowed their own offense to get the chance to put up 33 total points.

The Browns were up 40-18 and allowed a late TD in the 4th in prevent. Same thing as KC. They didn't let Jackson run which limited the Raven's ability to keep their offense off the field while also limited the Ravens offense.

It's all part of the same thing. Baltimore generally has a certain script they win by, and it involves Jackson being able to run. If they can't do that then the script falls apart.

Damn no White or Mason

That would surprise me. Can you post where you saw this? I heard they traveled to Baltimore.

Yahoo, it’s a link at the top of this page lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes