Olympics

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Mixed-bag opening weekend for the ol' US of A. Man oh man, this men's basketball team is lazy-sloppy -- losing to France. They should be blowing everyone's doors off. Play with some damn pride and sense of urgency.

Great job by our swimmers, though.

Last edited:
Just watched the end of the Triathalon. The Japanese did a great job keeping the competitors cooled off as much as possible both during the event and at the finish line. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
The NBA style just isn’t that great under these rules. Also I don’t think this team was well constructed

The NBA style just isn’t that great under these rules. Also I don’t think this team was well constructed

These guys are so ridiculously talented that if they just put a bit more effort and team-oriented play into it, they should mop up. It's simply mind boggling to see them sleepwalk at the Olympics.

1. PlayersCoaches

Pos.#NameAgeHeightWeightFrom
    PF4Laettner, Christian226 ft 11 in (2.11 m)235 lb (107 kg)Duke Blue Devils
    C5Robinson, David267 ft 1 in (2.16 m)235 lb (107 kg)San Antonio Spurs
    C6Ewing, Patrick297 ft 0 in (2.13 m)240 lb (110 kg)New York Knicks
    SF7Bird, Larry356 ft 9 in (2.06 m)220 lb (100 kg)Boston Celtics
    SF8Pippen, Scottie266 ft 8 in (2.03 m)210 lb (95 kg)Chicago Bulls
    SG9Jordan, Michael296 ft 6 in (1.98 m)198 lb (90 kg)Chicago Bulls
    SG10Drexler, Clyde306 ft 7 in (2.01 m)222 lb (101 kg)Portland Trail Blazers
    PF11Malone, Karl286 ft 9 in (2.06 m)256 lb (116 kg)Utah Jazz
    PG12Stockton, John306 ft 1 in (1.85 m)175 lb (79 kg)Utah Jazz
    SF13Mullin, Chris286 ft 7 in (2.01 m)215 lb (98 kg)Golden State Warriors
    PF14Barkley, Charles296 ft 6 in (1.98 m)250 lb (110 kg)Phoenix Suns
    PG15Johnson, Magic326 ft 9 in (2.06 m)220 lb (100 kg)Los Angeles Lakers[64]
    Head coach
    Assistant coach(es)

Legend:
    • From – describes teams affiliated
      during the Olympics

The 1992 US Olympic team beats this craptastic French team today by 100 points....all the blame for this USA crud we have today lays at the feet of LeScumbag James and his destruction of the TEAM concept in today's NBA.

The 1992 US Olympic team beats this craptastic French team today by 100 points....all the blame for this USA crud we have today lays at the feet of LeScumbag James and his destruction of the TEAM concept in today's NBA.

Well said. Here are the current NBA rules of play:

(1). Never play team defense -- except during the last two minutes of the championship finals seventh game.

(2). Take the 3-point shot, then just stand there to see if it goes in.

(3). If you can't take the 3-point shot, go one-on-one while eight other players stand and watch.

(4). If you can't go one-on-one, pass the ball once to a teammate so he can go one-on-one.

(5). No need to block out opponents or crash the boards for rebounds, the ball just might come to you anyway.

(6). Forget running a team offense, that's so "yesterday."

(7). Always ignore your coach, especially during games.

(8). Remember, winning is optional as long as you can hit the 3 and dazzle one-on-one.

(9). If you don't get great social media action, you always can sign with another team.

(10). Never, ever play with an injury of any kind, regardless of how minor it might be.

Last edited:
Never mind the Dream Team, this year's men's basketball team could make the 2004 team look like the 1992 team. They might not even make the podium lol. They're (comparatively) weak on raw talent AND they don't work as a unit.

The 1992 team had a huge talent gap on everyone AND they played fantastic team ball.

Well said. Here are the current NBA rules of play:

(1). Never play team defense -- except during the last two minutes of the championship finals seventh game.

(2). Take the 3-point shot, then just stand there to see if it goes in.

(3). If you can't take the 3-point shot, go one-on-one while eight other players stand and watch.

(4). If you can't go one-on-one, pass the ball once to a teammate so he can go one-on-one.

(5). No need to block out opponents or crash the boards for rebounds, the ball just might come to you anyway.

(6). Forget running a team offense, that's so "yesterday."

(7). Always ignore your coach, especially during games.

(8). Remember, winning is optional as long as you can hit the 3 and dazzle one-on-one.

(9). If you don't get great social media action, you always can sign with another team.

(10). Never, ever play with an injury of any kind, regardless of how minor it might be.
11) Opt out of games when you are sad, woke, or uninterested

12) Call fans racist after stomping on an Irishman logo

Look up the celebration by the coach of Ariarne Titmus after she recently won an upset Gold. Probably the funniest thing so far in the olympics. The guy is like the ultimate cliche when I think of an aussie coach.

So lets fire up a conspiracy theory.
'Simone Biles came into the Olympics injured but her corporate puppet masters had invested too much to allow her to withdraw."
It's all about the brand
Think of the 100's of commercials that feature her that have been aired since the Olympics started.

Beginning in her first event Sunday night, she couldn't stick a single landing and twice landed "out of bounds'
Coincidence?
And today, she exits after one event

Me: I’m not very interested in the Olympics. I don’t know…I just don’t know many athletes.

The Twitter World: You’re an ignorant idiot! Just because Michael Phelps is gone, you have no rooting interest, you sexist pig?! WOMEN’S SPORTS are where it’s at! You want some heroes? We’re going to play 1,000 commercials about Simone Biles, the greatest competitor ever, and flood your brain with Naomi Osaka, the queen of Japan, who will bring home gold in a dramatic final!

Me: Okay...I guess I’ll watch.

<Olympics, day 4 happens>

Me: Wtf…ehhhh...that sucked.

The Twitter World: How dare you try to spin this negatively!?!? Everything is positive! Simone Biles was under so much pressure and she is the hero of the century for withdrawing! Mental health comes first!! Always! Pressure is hard. Osaka was under so much pressure too…she’s been skipping all kinds of tournaments and playing poorly. Her mental health comes first! Nothing but love and respect for Simone and Naomi!

Me: I’m so confused. Huh?

Last edited:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1627393530102.png
1627394069532.png

Last edited:
So lets fire up a conspiracy theory.
'Simone Biles came into the Olympics injured but her corporate puppet masters had invested too much to allow her to withdraw."
It's all about the brand
Think of the 100's of commercials that feature her that have been aired since the Olympics started.

Beginning in her first event Sunday night, she couldn't stick a single landing and twice landed "out of bounds'
Coincidence?
And today, she exits after one event
She’s supposedly not injured. This is a weird story.

Afterward, Biles made clear the issue was not physical.

“I just felt like it would be a little bit better to take a back seat and work on my mindfulness,” she said.

As for whether she would compete again in Tokyo, where she is next scheduled to perform in Thursday’s all-around, Biles replied, “We’re going to see about Thursday. We’re going to take it a day at a time. I know tomorrow we have a little bit of a break for training, so that’ll be really nice to have a mental rest day. And then injury, no. Just my pride is hurt a little bit.”

I won’t hate on her. She’s done a lot for gymnastics and for the country in the Olympics before. But it’s just strange.

Feels like she can't compete because she's mentally ill. I'll critique her when I have a bunch of medals. My guess is, having done nothing but train (and win) from childhood to young adulthood, we might not be capturing the entirety of her internal state by saying she "quit."

I’m not trying to kick her while she’s down, but it’s absurd how people are replacing Strugg’s bravery with the “bravery” of quitting an event. I feel bad for Biles. I don’t begrudge her decision. But to place her in some heroic pose for dropping out? Let’s just call this the tragedy it is and not make a mockery of it.

There are lots of pressures for every athlete. This is the Olympics.

Whether she had good reasons or not, she stopped competing. She let her team down. What if a Patriot did this? I doubt there would be a ton of understanding here.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back