PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Olympic Predictions

SalemPats

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Here it is:

Gold: Sweden - Losing Zetterberg and Henrik Sedin hurt big time. Daniel and Henrik have this amazing connection and Zetterberg is one of the best defensive centerman in the game. He's one of the most effective hitters down low in his own zone. He plays like a weak man's Crosby (which is pretty good), loves puck position, quick feet, but he does take a lot of abuse. The reason they will win, they have a solid offense with great two way players. I love the games of Backstrom, Daniel Sedin, Landeskgog, Alfie and Berglund. Most importantly they have the best defense. Karlsson is amazing, his patience and confidence with the puck is unparalled (with only Doughty and PK coming close), Ekman-Larsson is the most underrated defenseman in the NHL, Hjarmlasson is a great shot blocking defenseman, Eriksson plays tough, Kronwall is a beast and they have depth with Edler. Their goaltending is also the best with Lundqvist.
-if they lose it will be because of a lack of firepower

Silver: Canada -The best offense in the game, but in my opinion they are not utilized well. They worry too much about chemistry rather than going with the most talented players. In my opinion Taveras should be on the 1st line with Crosby and st. louis and Toews should play with Perry and Getzlaf. Their defense is great, Weber is a beast, Doughty maybe the best defenseman in the game. It will be interesting to see if they give PK and Petro ice time, because they are great. Goaltending is a weakness and will be their downfall

Bronze: USA - Kane, Kessel, JVR, Parise are elite goal scorers. I love having Backes, Kesler, Oshie and Brown who can shutdown opposing forwards, play the PK and add to the offense. There is a balance to this offense that no other team has. The defense is solid and can move the puck, but outside of Suter they make me nervous. I feel like 2018 is probably the year where this team will be the favorite, but this team can easily win gold in 2014. Quick/Miller are great no drop off there.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back