PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OLine's 2-4 Record Crappiness Stabilized, 7 wins in a row now

Two good defensive fronts, these aren't your Adam Gaze Jests. They played well.

The O-Line needs Trent Brown or Yodney Cajuste back or both, but they'll get better assuming health.

Last edited:
In this particular case with Trent out then:
Wynn- Karras- Andrews- Mason- Onwenu.

If everyone is healthy go with:
Trent- Wynn- Andrews- Mason- Onwenu.

OK lets ignore 10 weeks of previous practice where all these guys practiced at the positions they currently play NOT where you want them to play.. Lets ignore the fact that a key element of good OL play is how they mesh together. Let's ignore OWenu could be an elite OG, but he TOO needs time to develop and moving to RT now would delay that development. Lets ignore the fact that Trent Brown is one of the better RT's and IS a road grader in the position and IS more likely than not to be ready for the Saints

You are trying to play with the OL like it's a fantasy team, and you can plug and play to you heart's desire, but it doesn't work that way, DKF, the OL is one organism that take time to develop and work like a GROUP, and it also involves the TE's and RB's. They don't work in a vacuum..

Wynn struggled today.
onwenu had some great moments and some not so great moments.
andrews did not play well today either.
mason probably had the best day of all the offensive linemen.
herron and Durant both played like Jets today.

OK lets ignore 10 weeks of previous practice where all these guys practiced at the positions they currently play NOT where you want them to play.. Lets ignore the fact that a key element of good OL play is how they mesh together. Let's ignore OWenu could be an elite OG, but he TOO needs time to develop and moving to RT now would delay that development. Lets ignore the fact that Trent Brown is one of the better RT's and IS a road grader in the position and IS more likely than not to be ready for the Saints

You are trying to play with the OL like it's a fantasy team, and you can plug and play to you heart's desire, but it doesn't work that way, DKF, the OL is one organism that take time to develop and work like a GROUP, and it also involves the TE's and RB's. They don't work in a vacuum..

The OLine is clearly not working. Why double down on a wrong position. Trying a 3rd week with Herron and Durant is NOT the solution. Trying the the same wrong thing over and over is the definition of insanity, per AlbertE. Also Trent isn't an elite run blocker, this was always a myth, the guy is a LT based on his skillset. But I do agree it's hard to switch up Onwenu after mistakenly locking him into LG.

This OLine is NOT GOOD right now....

I strongly agree with you regarding Onwenu, but not on Brown. I think that Brown is a better LT than Wynn. That being said, the best all-healthy starting lineup does have Wynn at LT.
===============
The very frustrating thing is that Belichick knew all of this and CHOSE to have Herron and Cajuste as our backup OT's, knowing that he didn't intend moving Onwenu from RG in case of injury.

Last edited:
Honestly everything mentioned is irrelevant…why? Because we lost the best O-line coach of all time AND half of the 1-2 punch (Popovich) who they planned to replace him with.

what we are seeing is a lack of Scar

I'm glad that we are finding out our depth issues early in the year. This team might be dangerous come November.

Wynn struggled today.
onwenu had some great moments and some not so great moments.
andrews did not play well today either.
mason probably had the best day of all the offensive linemen.
herron and Durant both played like Jets today.
I think that’s accurate accept I think Herron played ok today.

I am interested to see if they start cajuste at right tackle next week.

I’d give anything for nothing.

Anyone that's ever read my post has heard this numerous times. An offensive lineman's job isn't to "win", it's to survive. They're outmatched every time athletically, sometimes by a good deal. So again they're not expected to "win" just survive and make it to the next play for the most part.

From BB this morning regarding RT:

The terrible OLine is giving Mac bad habits. If you see Mac continue to get happy feet, or his bravery changes and he starts skipping more passes, then this season was a disaster in creating bad habits for our rookie QB.

Herron and Durant suck. Not worth trying them and then swapping them out at halftime. A scrub is a scrub. They aren't going to magically get better at RT.

Last edited:
Time to find a new Oline coach it seems. Scar can't be irreplaceable.

Marcus Cannon graded #5 in pass protection.

Wynn/Durant/Herron (#48/#50/#59).

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back