PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OLine's 2-4 Record Crappiness Stabilized, 7 wins in a row now

Offensive line has been the biggest disappointment of the season. This was supposed to be our strength.

Instead we can't run and can't protect the quarterback more than 2 seconds. But the talent is largely intact. So what is it? Coaching?

Offensive line has been the biggest disappointment of the season. This was supposed to be our strength.

Instead we can't run and can't protect the quarterback more than 2 seconds. But the talent is largely intact. So what is it? Coaching?
Losing your OLine coach due to Corona protocols right before the season isn't a recipe for success,

Let the Kicking Whisperer have a go with the O line, it can't hurt

(Automatica Folk and All Pro Bailey approve this message)

Let the Kicking Whisperer have a go with the O line, it can't hurt

(Automatica Folk and All Pro Bailey approve this message)
Is it really a kicking whisperer or is Folk just good? Didn't do much whispering to Rohrwasser (and only a little whispering to Nordin).

Dam... If Herron's also ruled-out, then the OL might look like this:

Cachoo - Thanksdad - Andrews - Karras - Onwenu

Hunter Henry's gonna have to help out the LT no matter who it is...
This is what I'd want it to look like even with Herron available. I'm done with seeing him in the starting lineup.

Is it really a kicking whisperer or is Folk just good? Didn't do much whispering to Rohrwasser (and only a little whispering to Nordin).

I think the special teams coach Accord has been doing a great job. Folk, Bailey, Gunner, Slater, Bethel, he's running the best ST in the league...

I think the special teams coach Accord has been doing a great job. Folk, Bailey, Gunner, Slater, Bethel, he's running the best ST in the league...

Sure, but that doesn't make him specifically a kicker whisperer. It's been demonstrated that not just any kicker can come here and be successful. Folk is just a good kicker.

This is what I'd want it to look like even with Herron available. I'm done with seeing him in the starting lineup.

I'm certainly done with seeing him at RT, that's for sure... He & Yesir step right on through Durant both ****ing suck there... Don't know why Bill traded for that useless ****ing slob Durant anyway.

Herron looked much more comfortable on the Left side last week, however, than he has ever looked on the Right side... Understandable, since he was the starting LT for Wake Forest his last 4 years there... I'd rather see Herron at LT vs Dallas than Yawndy, who will be making only his 2nd NFL start and still needs time to settle into his role.

Last edited:
OLine looked slightly better after inserting Michael Onwenu at right tackle.

Last edited:
Credit to sb1 for finding this one. Bone crushing hit on Mac after Wynn completely whiffs at LT. Wynn needs to move to LG. A total disaster extending this guy for 11m.

Last edited:
OLine looked slightly better after inserting Michael Onwenu at right tackle.

It would've looked even better if Thanksdad had been removed after his holding penalty cost Jakobi Meyers his first NFL TD and the Pats a 20/21-7 lead... That penalty & the Cachoo whiff on the very next play completely turned the game around... and Not in a good way.

Credit to sb1 for finding this one. Bone crushing hit on Mac after Wynn completely whiffs at LT. Wynn needs to move to LG. A total disaster extending this guy for 11m.

John Gruden has a word for what Wynn/Lose looked like on that play...

It would've looked even better if Thanksdad had been removed after his holding penalty cost Jakobi Meyers his first NFL TD and the Pats a 20/21-7 lead... That penalty & the Cachoo whiff on the very next play completely turned the game around... and Not in a good way.

Yeah Ferentz first to go this week if Mason comes back. Karras at LG and Mason back at RG. Onwenu keep him at RT.

Bone crushing hit on Mac (fumble lost) after Cajuste completely whiffs at RT:

Notice how Cachoo was removed as the starting RT after that whiff, but that Thanksdad wasn't removed for his own ****up?

Yeah Ferentz first to go this week if Mason comes back. Karras at LG and Mason back at RG. Onwenu keep him at RT.

But if Shack still isn't ready, then this MUST be the starting 5 vs the Jete:

Herron - Wynn/Lose - Andrews - Karras - Onwenu.

No Durant; no ****ing Thanksdad; and after yesterday, no Cachoo.

The line died on the first series in week 1 when Brown went out.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back