PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OLine's 2-4 Record Crappiness Stabilized, 7 wins in a row now

Credit to sb1 for finding this one. Bone crushing hit on Mac after Wynn completely whiffs at LT. Wynn needs to move to LG. A total disaster extending this guy for 11m.

Isaiah Wynn looks like a Division III tackle on that play...

News article below.

Kudos to the Patriots for finally going with Onwenu at RT and Karras (playing excellent) at guard.

Sometimes it takes slower or dumber management in companies more time to recognize and make changes or to adapt to what the market needs. BB is surrounded by half wits on his staff. 5-6 weeks is better late than never

News article below.

Kudos to the Patriots for finally going with Onwenu at RT and Karras (playing excellent) at guard.

Sometimes it takes slower or dumber management in companies more time to recognize and make changes or to adapt to what the market needs. BB is surrounded by half wits on his staff. 5-6 weeks is better late than never

Yep...Trying Onwenu at LG to replace the most athletic of our OLmen there was really, Really stupid... Big Mike's a Right-side lineman. Period.

If Shack Mason's a no-go again, then the starting 5 should be:
Herron - Wynn/Lose - Andrews - Karras - Onwenu.

No more of that ****ing less-than-useless sh!t-stain Thanksdad, please.

First quarter done. Onwenu at right tackle. Karras at guard. 14 points, Harris running 12 yards a carry. 2TE offense rolling. All going great.

Let's see if they go away from 12 personnel and moronically go to the 11 personnel shotgun like last game....

Onwenu at RT definitely looks like the right call, credit to DKF
Now if Brown ever gets back, Brown at LT and Wynn or Karras at LG?

Onwenu at RT definitely looks like the right call, credit to DKF
Now if Brown ever gets back, Brown at LT and Wynn or Karras at LG?

I'm just so happy they finally moved Big Mike Onwenu to RT. Elite running game now all to the right side behind Onwenu, Shaq, and Henry.

For the left side I would personally play Trent at LT. For God's sake do NOT move Onwenu back to LG and try Trent at RT again.

The Jets are the worst but it's great to see how the team can rush and how good Mac is with a competent OLine. Keep Onwenu at RT, do not move Big Mike the rest of the year.

Screenshot_20211024-133501.png

Herron as the extra tackle on this Harris TD. Feels almost like Wynn playing LG the way the run is constructed... just saying.

This is exciting. On this Harris TD run did they play Wynn at LG ??? Looks like #75 Herron at LT and Wynn #76 at LG. I think Trent makes more sense at LT when healthy so this is encouraging if Wynn is already getting snaps at LG...

Damn Wynn manhandled his man on that run!

Karras has been playing good football, hard pressed to put him back on the bench.

There are multiple options on the left side but I would feel great about most combinations as long as Onwenu is kept at RT. First game since week1 where I didn't see Mac jittery in the pocket due to a crappy OLine.

Yep...Trying Onwenu at LG to replace the most athletic of our OLmen there was really, Really stupid... Big Mike's a Right-side lineman. Period.

If Shack Mason's a no-go again, then the starting 5 should be:
Herron - Wynn/Lose - Andrews - Karras - Onwenu.

No more of that ****ing less-than-useless sh!t-stain Thanksdad, please.

I think you’ve nailed it regarding Big Mike, he needs to be on the right side. We’ve definitely seen that in the past where for whatever reason a guy just is much better on the right than on the left. The question is whether he can be on the edge and handle someone really quick rushing on that side. So far what I’ve seen tells me he can handle RT but it would be a worry some weeks, e.g., against Clowney. Long term I wouldn’t be shocked to see them move on from Mason, move Onwenu to his position, and go with a new RT. Let’s see what develops with Cajuste and Durant, so far it’s a dumpster fire with them for sure but I remember feeling that way about Cannon and he got it together for a few good years.

Regarding Ferentz I would have been shocked if you didn’t bring that up. All I can say is those pictures he must have must really be horrendous.

I'm just so happy they finally moved Big Mike Onwenu to RT. Elite running game now all to the right side behind Onwenu, Shaq, and Henry.

For the left side I would personally play Trent at LT. For God's sake do NOT move Onwenu back to LG and try Trent at RT again.

I’d keep them as is unless somebody plays real bad. Kinda sick of Trent Brown, I wouldn’t put him in at the expense of Karras who has been reliable for us.

How about that one play where no one blocked anyone and Mac got sacked immediately?

Yeah. Given how crappy the prior 6 weeks were, wouldn't it still be their best of the year? 4 rushing TDs and Mac had time in the pocket. The sack you mentioned do we remember which lineman gave it up? Just curious.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back