PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OLine's 2-4 Record Crappiness Stabilized, 7 wins in a row now

I don’t agree that this is what’s happening but if it is why would onwenu’s communication be any different at T?
I’m curious how you gauge communication on film.

1.) I didn’t type anything about onwenu playing tackle! Not sure how you columbo’ed that connection!

2.) there are guys on line that teach non players how to watch film!

There's verbal and non-verbal stuff you look at. Thuney and Wynn would talk a lot, ID defenders, give each a little slap at times. You can look at the play itself and see how a player responds before, during and after a play.

There are things you can look for without literally hearing what they're saying.

We've handled stunts and delayed pressure poorly all year. Whether teams are just throwing a few or throwing a lot it's been an issue up until yesterday (for obvious reasons with Houston).
That’s interesting. My experience is that this is a function of knowing how to respond and react. Ive never known of OL play based upon relying on verbal
communication. Can you show clips that evidence this?

1.) I didn’t type anything about onwenu playing tackle! Not sure how you columbo’ed that connection!

2.) there are guys on line that teach non players how to watch film!
Perhaps you should go to those guys.

That’s interesting. My experience is that this is a function of knowing how to respond and react. Ive never known of OL play based upon relying on verbal
communication. Can you show clips that evidence this?
You've never seen or heard of offensive lineman communicating to each other? No one is saying anything about "relying" on verbal communication. Offensive lineman communicate and alert each other, the QB all the time. Some systems specifically have the C call out protections. This is common knowledge.

You've never seen or heard of offensive lineman communicating to each other? No one is saying anything about "relying" on verbal communication. Offensive lineman communicate and alert each other, the QB all the time. Some systems specifically have the C call out protections. This is common knowledge.

Im talking about post snap.
Of course they communicate presnap but that’s not going to help picking up stunts and delayed blitzes.

How they handle that isn’t communication but understanding and reacting.
I find it difficult to believe that Andrews and Wynn are relying on Onwenu to make presnap calls.

This Houston game was the best possible way to build OL depth, while earning a W. Could be a big turning point in our season, and the beginning of getting this line right.

So basically Lazar agrees with what @DropKickFlutie and @captain stone have been saying for 2 months. He can't be right, can he?

It's all good. Just like me pushing nobody Mac Jones in October'20 and arguing with fake draft experts about which QB to take. Or pushing for TEs 12 years ago. I'm used to seeing macro shifts before they happen or as they happen. Helps me greatly in my line of work :)

I don't care where the idea comes from just as long as it helps the Pats. I'm just so so glad nobody listened to ring6 about trading 3 first rounders or listened to construction guys about Trey Lance.

Im talking about post snap.
Of course they communicate presnap but that’s not going to help picking up stunts and delayed blitzes.

How they handle that isn’t communication but understanding and reacting.
I find it difficult to believe that Andrews and Wynn are relying on Onwenu to make presnap calls.
Second post and already you're going all Andy on me with the bolded with something I've never said.

I'm simply saying OL'm communicate and alert each on things like potential pressure. Whether it be from personnel / alignment they definitely help each other out in that regard.

Second post and already you're going all Andy on me with the bolded with something I've never said.

I'm simply saying OL'm communicate and alert each on things like potential pressure. Whether it be from personnel / alignment they definitely help each other out in that regard.
You came into a conversation.

The conversation evolved that onwenu at G being the problem because of his communication on stunts and delayed blitzes. I did not attribute any statement to you.
My point is that if Wynn and onwenu picking up stunts and delayed blitzes it’s likely more about not following their rules than bad communication, that assessing their communication on film and determining the quality of it is shaky at best, and when you spoke about presnap communication (with respect to people saying it’s onwenus fault) I pointed out that I doubt he is responsible for making calls.
I didn’t say you said it, I said that doesnt answer the point being discussed.

No reason to get all bent out of shape.

You came into a conversation.

The conversation evolved that onwenu at G being the problem because of his communication on stunts and delayed blitzes. I did not attribute any statement to you.
My point is that if Wynn and onwenu picking up stunts and delayed blitzes it’s likely more about not following their rules than bad communication, that assessing their communication on film and determining the quality of it is shaky at best, and when you spoke about presnap communication (with respect to people saying it’s onwenus fault) I pointed out that I doubt he is responsible for making calls.
I didn’t say you said it, I said that doesnt answer the point being discussed.

No reason to get all bent out of shape.

You are fixated that Onwenu can only play guard. Despite the fact he was excellent last year at NFL right tackle. It's interesting how inflexible your mind is.

You are fixated that Onwenu can only play guard. Despite the fact he was excellent last year at NFL right tackle. It's interesting how inflexible your mind is.

I never said he could only play G I said he belongs at G. Yes he did well last year playing out of position but his best spot is G.
Amazing that you would call another human fixated.

I never said he could only play G I said he belongs at G. Yes he did well last year playing out of position but his best spot is G.
Amazing that you would call another human fixated.

Why does he belong at G when he hasn't been good there this year, and he was a top10 NFL RT last year ?

Why does he belong at G when he hasn't been good there this year, and he was a top10 NFL RT last year ?

Because that is where his skill set best fits.
He has not played poorly this year. He was not a top 10 RT and he would be a much worse fit there in an offense with a legit QB running a real NFL passing game.

Interesting if Okung is available.

1. I gotta give credit to the OLine for holding up against the worst team in the league this week.
2. Herron didn't look terrible at LT.

If Mason and Onwenu come back this week I think the lineup should be:
Herron - Karras - Andrews - Mason - Onwenu.

If Wynn/Lose & Onemenu return to practice this week and Mason doesn't, then my Plan A vs Dallas would be:

Herron/Cachoo - Wynn - Andrews - Karras - Onwenu

Plan B from Outer Space: Wynn - Karras - Andrews - Onwenu - Cachoo

Last edited:
Not really. This is about the mess with injuries, Covid etc and how to deal with it.
It's also about some really, Really bad line play.

The slow ones wanted Brown at LT, Wynn at G, Onwenu at RT after none have been practicing at those spots all summer.
I'm one of those "slow ones" who wanted Brown at LT (the position where he, you know, won a ring), Wynn/Lose moved to LG (aka his NATURAL position) and Onwenu staying on the Right side where he Belongs... Not our fault that the coaches didn't have the foresight to give them snaps there during the offseason.

Kind of dumb tbh. Let's play you at a spot you haven't been preparing for. And of course we did the exact opposite of what they said.
It was kinda dumb...on the part of Bill, Skippy & Brick.

Onwenu is a G. He played out of position last year because there was no room at G and an opening at T.
Playing him out of position in order to get Ted Karras on the field doesn’t make sense.
Onwenu's a Right-Side lineman, so either RG or RT works for me... But he's NOT a LEFT Guard...THAT is playing him out of position.

QBs get hit. It hasn’t been that bad for the amount of time we have thrown the ball.
Yes it has! WTF have you been watching?!?

Ive been distractedly looking for OL pressure stats while watching the Sux, if you have them it would definitely add to the discussion.
And therein lies your first mistake...

It's also about some really, Really bad line play.

I'm one of those "slow ones" who wanted Brown at LT (the position where he, you know, won a ring), Wynn/Lose moved to LG (aka his NATURAL position) and Onwenu staying on the Right side where he Belongs... Not our fault that the coaches didn't have the foresight to give them snaps there during the offseason.

It was kinda dumb...on the part of Bill, Skippy & Brick.

Yeah exactly. Fake experts scoffing at the idea of playing Brown at the position where he won a ring, because, no reason. And Onwenu at LG no matter what because, again some lowIQ bad reason. This is what happens when the team has unintelligent people making decisions on offense and also hiring other unintelligent people.

Onwenu's a Right-Side lineman, so either RG or RT works for me... But he's NOT a LEFT Guard...THAT is playing him out of position.

Yes it has! WTF have you been watching?!?

And therein lies your first mistake...
Left and right are virtually the same thing now.

Yes I understand everyone is going crazy when the QBs gets hit but it’s not as bad as it’s being made out.

Haha

Yeah exactly. Fake experts scoffing at the idea of playing Brown at the position where he won a ring, because, no reason. And Onwenu at LG no matter what because, again some lowIQ bad reason. This is what happens when the team has unintelligent people making decisions on offense and also hiring other unintelligent people.

I know, those damn idiots who won all those championships. Shoulda hired Rex Ryan

I know, those damn idiots who won all those championships. Shoulda hired Rex Ryan

Bricillo came from Youngstown State and has nothing to do with any Patriot championships. And I'm also talking about fake experts on here who have been flat out wrong when it comes to talent evaluation.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back