PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OLine's 2-4 Record Crappiness Stabilized, 7 wins in a row now

Moss took the league over. Even now there's never been anything like him with the exception of Calvin. Randy was just so unique and talented.

Like you see WR's have great years and break records but in terms of impacting the game, changing the game. None can compare to Randy.

I always go back to the Tony Dungy story of him changing his entire defense around just for Moss. Again lots of people put up stats but Moss was legitimately feared by players and coaches.

What a unicorn. He made it a point to not open his eyes wide or move his arms so DB's never can get a tell on the ball arriving. Dude catching 50 yard bombs at his waist lol.

Not sure my fav Moss moment but the last rec against Dallas is legendary. Just zooming by everyone. There was a similar play against New Orleans that I love as well.

He is truly the best. Maybe not the greatest (I guess that's Rice?), but he was a unicorn burner who had insane IQ and had a firm understanding of route running. Just truly absurd. Guy could track the ball so so so well, and his IQ thrived under a cerebral QB like Brady. I mean Pennington said Moss is the reason he even got to the NFL lol

He is truly the best. Maybe not the greatest (I guess that's Rice?), but he was a unicorn burner who had insane IQ and had a firm understanding of route running. Just truly absurd. Guy could track the ball so so so well, and his IQ thrived under a cerebral QB like Brady. I mean Pennington said Moss is the reason he even got to the NFL lol
Randy had like 160 TD in 12 years. If things had worked out different and he was catching passes from Warner (imagine if St Louis drafted him instead of Wistrom lol) or Favre or even Culpepper for a decade he'd have over 200 rec TD's.

Rice is the goat but Randy impacted and changed the game more. I can replicate Rice's skill set but you're not bringing in another guy like Moss. I know I'll get killed for it but w/e.

Today was the day that I learned you can "stalk" someone with "silly emojis."

Guess I can throw out my binocs and trench coat.

It's a debate for all of the obvious reasons. The problem with replacing BB is can you find someone that can understand both sides of the ball e way BB can, see wh
ats going to happen next, and prepare his team to succeed when failure happens.

Excellent

Yeah I'm so glad the OLine stopped being crappy trying Durant, Herron, Cajuste at RT, and Karras has played LG in the winning streak. And Mac stopped getting hit 12 times a game. Idiotic start but better late than never.

Josh McDaniels certainly has earned the chance to be a HC elsewhere. Agree.

If the owner of the jacksonville jaguars had half a brain, he would hire mcdaniels and dump the urban nightmare.

give mcdaniels a generational qb and with some decent drafting, they would be a powerhouse for the next decade.

If the owner of the jacksonville jaguars had half a brain, he would hire mcdaniels and dump the urban nightmare.

give mcdaniels a generational qb and with some decent drafting, they would be a powerhouse for the next decade.

I'm all for this. And owners shouldn't be concerned about deja vu from St Louis and Sam Bradford. McDaniels has earned the right to lead another franchise. Would certainly be news if it happened.

Regarding the OL, the up-the-middle running attack is still hit-or-miss; I’d like to see more runs between the G-T gaps (with Jake Johnson leading the way, of course)…

And I’m still scared to death that Thanksdad Ferentz is still just One Heartbeat Away…

Did you read his autobiography too, like I did?
I wish. I remember an on-the-field sit down interview he did with Bob Montgomery. It was in 1983 right before he retired. How I remember that I have no idea...

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back