Okay...Did Anyone Get Any Picks Correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I am hapy to say my record is intact...I still have not predicted 1 pick since Belichick got here...we have won 3 SB's in 5 years...so I hope to continue that streak so long as the trade-off is Super Bowl victories.
:eek: :bricks: :eek:

Last edited:
F.B.N. said:
I am hapy to say my record is intact...I still have not predicted 1 pick since Belichick got here...we have won 3 SB's in 5 years...so I hope to continue that streak so long as the trade-off is Super Bowl victories.

I got Mincey...:)

I had David Thomas. I said in the fifth but a draft is a draft.

F.B.N. said:

Well, overall, I finished 3rd out of the 21 folks in our PatsFans - ESPN bracket. That darned Buffalo reach for a safety cost me.

As for direct Patriot picks, I nailed an odd one. I was telling all my buddy's down here that they should take the Memphis kicker with their last 4th rounder. I'm that high on him, and got so loud when I saw the pick, that my 14 month old little girl got scared.

F.B.N. said:

I revised my list 4 times and still did't get one pick right.

Like I said on the other post, I got 1 Pats pick (Gostkowski), but 3 Cowboys picks - Fasano, Carpenter and Skyler Green! If Parcells hadn't stolen my picks, who knows?

I got Greg Jennings being taken with our 2nd round pick - of course, it wasn't us taking him but I should get a little credit :)

In my Pro Football Weekly prspects book, I highlighted in blue that guys who I thought were "Patriot Type" players and I would like to see drafted. Six of the guys that I highlighted, we picked by the Patriots. There were over 50 highlighted.:cool:

I can't say that I picked them in a mock draft.

I got Mincey also

The kicker was my only hit on the list of ten, alas -- and I would have thought Round 5 or 6 for him.

But I just checked back at my list of 15 that I trimmed to ten, and Thomas, Jackson and Mincey were all on it! Argh. (Not to claim any special Patriots insight, though...I just took Mincey's pre-draft comments at face value. I think there's a lot less subterfuge than people imagine.)

I didn't even come close to one...... I did have Maroney going to Minn at 17 so was very happy with us getting him but never, ever though BB/SP would go RB..
I was looking for the high heat and the nasty slider low and away..... I thought it was Lawson until several minutes after they announced Maroney!:rocker:

I got Gostkowski right. Didn't come close to any others...

In one of the threads, I had the Patriots taking Maroney in the first. I missed all of the rest.

SeanBruschi54 said:
I had David Thomas. I said in the fifth but a draft is a draft.
Yeah, I had him in the fourth round. I had Roach in the fourth, other fourth. And Gostkowski as a UDFA pickup, but I had about ten UDFAs.

I didn't get any of those guys where they were actually picked.

bucky said:
Like I said on the other post, I got 1 Pats pick (Gostkowski), but 3 Cowboys picks - Fasano, Carpenter and Skyler Green! If Parcells hadn't stolen my picks, who knows?
That;'s funny. I had Carpenter and Fasano to go in round 1 and 3. I changed one of the sixth rouknd comp picks to Green Saturday night when I modified my picks based on day 1.

bucky said:

I noticed that too. It was like Parcells was trying to "shut out" the Patriots!

I had David Thomas in the 4th round and Gostkowski in the 6th round. I also was correct with the Pats taking a FB/HB/TE type player, just had them taking Bernstein and not Mills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes