PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

News from around the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Things have started jumping early this week, so I figured it's time to get this thread started. Let me note the two big CB trades, just to get them out of the way, since they've been much discussed elsewhere:

Rams traded away Marcus Peters
Rams traded for Jalen Ramsey.

Now, on with the week of news and games!

Big news in Tennessee:

Marcus Mariota's time as the Tennessee Titans' starting quarterback may have come to an end. On Tuesday night, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero reported that Mariota, who was benched during the Titans' Week 6 loss to the Denver Broncos, will remain on the bench for Tennessee's Week 7 game against the Los Angeles Chargers.

Ryan Tannehill, who relieved Mariota during Sunday's 16-0 loss, will make his first start for the Titans, who are 2-4 six games into the 2019 season.

Titans reportedly starting Ryan Tannehill, benching Marcus Mariota for Week 7 matchup vs. Chargers

If the Chiefs lose tomorrow, chiefsplanet will be buzzing

How bad do you have to be to be benched for Ryan Tannehill?

That's almost as bad as Colin Kaepernick being benched for Blaine Gabbert.

Tannehill did go 13-16 144 in less than a half against a stout Denver D.
He also went 4-0 against the Pats in Miami.

I'm looking forward to a Denver D which had 6 sacks and 3 INT's last week does to rattle a less mobile Mahomes in front of a raucous Mile hopefully not too High crowd.

Mariota was absolutely horrible in that last game. If (big if) Tannehill can just complete the routine passes without losing it under pressure, the Tits should get back to 4-4. But, after that, things will ramp up and we will probably soon be in a position where we start having another QB watch in Tennessee:

Panthers
Chiefs
Jags
Colts
Raiders
Texans
Saints
Texans

So, really, by costing the Tits wins against the Jags, Bills, and Broncos, the Mariota-led offense has taken a team that should be 5-1 and probably cost it a playoff spot as early as week 6. That's how bad you have to be to get benched for Ryan Tannehill.

Last edited:
Dolphins head coach Brian Flores has made a decision at quarterback. And it’s not the same as his previous decision.

Flores announced today that Ryan Fitzpatrick will start on Sunday against the Bills.

That news comes a week after Flores declared that Josh Rosen was the starter for the rest of the season — only to change his mind during Sunday’s game and go to Fitzpatrick, who nearly led the Dolphins to a comeback win. Flores then said after the game that Fitzpatrick came in only to give the team a spark, and that Rosen would remain the starter.

Brian Flores changes his mind again, benches Josh Rosen for Ryan Fitzpatrick

Trent Brown's got a bit of a situation.

...According to the lawsuit, Brown "grabbed" Marzette-Sanders' face and "covered her mouth while choking her out until she couldn’t breathe" during an incident in March 2019.

The lawsuit alleges Brown turned violent against Marzette-Sanders again in April and a third time in June, and that the 26-year-old has left her "bruised, bloodied and battered" on several occasions...

Ex-Pat Trent Brown sued for domestic violence

Tannehill could be better than Mariota.

Who else has the Phins over Bills Sunday?

BUMP

From a FFL perspective:

- I think Corey Davis, A.J. Brown, and Delaine Walker all get a bump in receiving yardage going forward. And I also think Dion Lewis will start getting more catches as he should. Tannehill was never a bad QB...also never elite...it is why the Phins gave him a big extension (there wasn't a better option) and he can move the offense.

- I think I might start Royce Freeman in my leagues this week...I can just see Freeman having a big day vs. that Chief run D...then again...the Chiefs might be overly emphasizing the run D, or lack thereof, this week in practice...but 4 days...hmmm...and Freeman is fresh. If the Broncos can grind down the clock...and put Harris on Tyreek Hill...they have a chance....not holding my breath though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back