Pick Results: SF: 0% at NE: 0%
Sun
Oct 25th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Boomer B

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Saw Aquaman as well. I liked it.

Pros

- The look of the movie is great. Atlantis was really well done. Something you’d have to see on the big screen.

- action sequences. James Wan knows how to shoot action. This movie has a lot of them.

- Jason Momoa. He plays Arthur as a big dumb frat boy but he does it with charm. I bought him as Aquaman, even if it is different then the comic character.

- the cast. William Dafoe is always excellent. Kidman and the rest did a good job.

Cons

- a little to long. They could have cut 15 minutes off

- as Kontra said they could have furthered the plot better by ditching one of the action sequences. The basis of the plot was fine, but could have developed it more

All in all a very entertaining and fun movie. It’s not the best comic book movie I’ve seen but it certainly will entertain you. I hope DC doesn’t see the success of Aquaman and start making carbon copies. While this type of movie works for this character I don’t see it working for something like Batman.

7.5/10

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Finally caught up with Justice League tonight on cable. Wasted potential in yet another defeat the devil-figure alien invader and his army of drones paint-by-numbers storyline. Action-packed and boring.

KontradictioN

Probably the nicest guy on the forum
PatsFans.com Supporter
Finally caught up with Justice League tonight on cable. Wasted potential in yet another defeat the devil-figure alien invader and his army of drones paint-by-numbers storyline. Action-packed and boring.
The special effects were garbage too. The CGI quality was like watching a low budget video game.

slash83

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
I bought IMAX tickets for opening weekend. Captain Marvel I’ll pass and watch Shazam this weekend.

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
I bought IMAX tickets for opening weekend. Captain Marvel I’ll pass and watch Shazam this weekend.
It was okay. They made her way too powerful in the end. It’ll be boring to watch her kick everyone’s ass in Avengers.

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
Looking forward to this. Love the scene where Magneto has every gun pointed at her unloading bullet after bullet with no effect.

Boomer B

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Looking forward to this. Love the scene where Magneto has every gun pointed at her unloading bullet after bullet with no effect.

I'll wait for this to come on Netflix. Supposedly this one went through a ton of re-writes, re-shoots, etc.. after it had real bad test scores with audiences.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Finally saw Dr. Strange (on cable) and really enjoyed it. Wish I saw it in the theater, don't know why the trailer didn't grab me. A sequel reportedly is in the works.

Wordsmyth

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Finally saw Dr. Strange (on cable) and really enjoyed it. Wish I saw it in the theater, don't know why the trailer didn't grab me. A sequel reportedly is in the works.
Yeppers, the Multiverse of Madness. Scarlet Witch and Loki will be showing up.

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter

This looks badass. I wasn’t sure about Pattinson, who is an underrated actor, in the role, but delivering the line he delivered helped put me at ease. Love that they made the Riddler terrifying and it looks like it will do the best job of any of the Batman movies capturing how dark the character is. I’m looking forward to it.

BaconGrundleCandy

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I really like the Mad Max feel I get from this Batman. Love the darkness & primitive nature. Love the way the riddler is being portrayed.

I really wish DC/Marvel would do deeper dives and show us more standalone villain movies. Show the build up & backstory there.

Some great breakdowns but also some annoying ads/touts

Pumped for WW84/SS too.

I loved Aquaman too. Really looking forward to that and the flash. Sounds like that will be worth the watch.

S.C. could be a game changer. Glad they're breaking it up into 4 parts. So much in there it's incredible.

We definitely need a DS/EX movie imo. Again I want to see more of that. Kill a few good guys to really build him up.

Pape

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
I want to go see The New Mutants .... but I dont want to actually go ...but i want to see the film... has to be better than the other not First Class x men schlock