Next Up: vs 49ers
Pick Results: SF: 0% at NE: 0%
Sun
Oct 25th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

KontradictioN

Probably the nicest guy on the forum
PatsFans.com Supporter
Anyone watch Daredevil on Netflix? Season 3 came out last week. Probably my favourite show on Netflix. Season 3 was awesome. Vincent D’Onofrio as Kingpin is a better villain then any Marvel villain on the big screen including Thanos. His manipulation of the whole system is what Lex Luther should have been in Batman v Superman. Charlie Cox as Daredevil is great.

I didn’t know much about the Daredevil character before watching the show but now i’d put this show as the 2nd best comic book to Movie/TV adaptation, just behind the Dark Knight Trilogy.

Daredevil Season 1: 10/10
Daredevil Season 2: 9/10
Daredevil Season 3: 10/10

Nope, but I'll have to get into it. D'Onofrio is an awesome actor. I know about the Kingpin and, even without having watched the show at all, would bet that he absolutely crushes that role.

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
The Aquaman trailer looks underwhelming; CGI not impressive. The Mortal Engines trailer, on the other hand, is VERY intriguing.

Link: Mortal Engines (2018)
I’ve learned to stop holding out high hopes for DC movies. Since “The Dark Knight Rises,” all of them have been disappointing with the exceptions of “Wonder Woman” and “Man of Steel” (to an extent).

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
I’ve learned to stop holding out high hopes for DC movies. Since “The Dark Knight Rises,” all of them have been disappointing with the exceptions of “Wonder Woman” and “Man of Steel” (to an extent).
I don't understand why they can't do a better job with special effects.

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
I don't understand why they can't do a better job with special effects.

You'd think they would be able to but their special effects are a joke. The CGI looks like it's straight out of a video game in the majority of their movies. I don't think they need to shed how dark they are. That's just DC's style. I do, however, think the studios need to shut things down, hire new actors to play the roles (outside of Gadot), hire new writing staffs, and bring in good directors to right the ship and distance themselves from the stink that Snyder put on the franchise as a whole.

Boomer B

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Aquaman is actually getting a lot of good word of mouth. Pre screenings have gone well and it is tracking to do some big numbers. Looking forward to it.

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
Aquaman is actually getting a lot of good word of mouth. Pre screenings have gone well and it is tracking to do some big numbers. Looking forward to it.
Mortal Engines got SHlT on. 38% currently out of the gates. Meanwhile, curiously, Bumblebee is sitting at 100%. Without looking too far into it, I’m guessing Michael Bay didn’t direct that one.

Boomer B

Mortal Engines got SHlT on. 38% currently out of the gates. Meanwhile, curiously, Bumblebee is sitting at 100%. Without looking too far into it, I’m guessing Michael Bay didn’t direct that one.
I have no desire to see Bumblebee. Never been a Transformers fan. Mortal Engines I’ll check out on Netflix.

chris_in_sunnyvale

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Not a comic book reader and have no idea about any canon. Also not a big fan of animated movies other than Pixar. Having said all that...

"Spiderman: Into The Spiderverse" was terrific. I would have never guessed in a million years I'd be writing that sentence prior to seeing it. A great story with great performances, all wrapped up in an animation style I've never seen before. Worth seeing in a Dolby Cinema auditorium.

Regards,
Chris

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
When I saw the first previews of Mortal Engines I figured it would be an automatic must-see. Very disappointed in the RT score, I'll probably have to skip it now, d%#*[email protected]

As for Bumblebee, no way can I get into movies about giant robots with human emotions.

Boomer B

Aquaman has brought in $266m without even opening in North America yet. Looks like DC may have a big hit.

Boomer B

That'll give them Wonder Woman and Aquaman now. DC just needs to revamp Superman and Batman.

Yup. Batman is already getting revamped. Matt Reeves, the director of the last few Planet of the Apes movies is writing and directing a new Batman that’s supposed to be released in 2020. Supposedly it goes back to a younger Batman whos about a year in to crime fighting.

With them going younger it’s likely Ben Affleck is out.

I think they’ll leave Superman alone for a few years. I like Henry Cavill but Snyder got the tone of the character wrong. Maybe we’ll get a revamped Superman in 2-3 years and then a revamped Justice League in 2023 or 2024.

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
Yup. Batman is already getting revamped. Matt Reeves, the director of the last few Planet of the Apes movies is writing and directing a new Batman that’s supposed to be released in 2020. Supposedly it goes back to a younger Batman whos about a year in to crime fighting.

With them going younger it’s likely Ben Affleck is out.

I think they’ll leave Superman alone for a few years. I like Henry Cavill but Snyder got the tone of the character wrong. Maybe we’ll get a revamped Superman in 2-3 years and then a revamped Justice League in 2023 or 2024.
IMDB has Affleck writing in it and starring in it.

The Batman - IMDb

Boomer B

IMDB has Affleck writing in it and starring in it.

The Batman - IMDb
Reeves was brought on to direct and Reeves choose to drop Afflecks script and rewrite his own. In IMDB the news section on The Batman it says Reeves 2nd rewrite is due by the end of this year, he wants a younger actor as this will be a younger Batman, and filming may begin in the spring. Also says Jonah Hill is rumoured to be the Penguin.

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reeves was brought on to direct and Reeves choose to drop Afflecks script and rewrite his own. In IMDB the news section on The Batman it says Reeves 2nd rewrite is due by the end of this year, he wants a younger actor as this will be a younger Batman, and filming may begin in the spring. Also says Jonah Hill is rumoured to be the Penguin.
Hill would be an excellent Penguin. I’m highly interested if that’s the case.

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
Saw Aquaman last night. It was meh. Entertaining and not a terrible movie but WAY too much action and it was downright very hard to tell what the hell was going on in a few fight scenes. 6.5/10 IMO. I would have appreciated a deeper plot. There are legitimately 3-4 action sequences you could take out to advance the plot.