SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Steelers
Sun
Dec 16th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Shocking Ending
Sunday's loss in Miami was shocking and will likely have the Patriots doing some second-guessing this week.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

***OFFICIAL superhero/comic book movie thread***

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by KontradictioN, Apr 17, 2015.

1. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Josh Gordon's locker is next to Brady's. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +41,829
    I liked it. That’s his character in the comics. Just a wise ass. But it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

2. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,111
    That's a good sign to me actually.

I've had concerns it'd be a 50%-ish movie. Ironically, it's the over-the-top promotion that's made me think it, as if the studio was desperate for some reason.

3. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    @Tunescribe you may enjoy the movie for Josh Brolin’s Cable. I would suggest reading up on that character if you’re not familiar.

4. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +70
    I prefer Deadpool over Batman any day at any time. As really the latter has no personality.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Nikolai

Ratings:
    +8,111
    Well, I'd say "brooding" is a type of personality.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Boomer B

Boomer B Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,656
    Yup, Batman is brooding and intense. Driven by his parents death. My favourite comic book character.

7. Boomer B

Ratings:
    +1,656
    I saw Black Panther finally. A decent movie but way overrated. It’s a run of the mill Marvel movie. Entertaining but not a game changer like Iron Man 1, The Dark Knight, or Capt. America 2.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    It’s very overrated. It was a decent movie... good watch. But I think the black power aspect, coupled with the critics not wanting to be too harsh about it, got the movie as overrated as it was. It was a decent, fun Marvel movie. Not a life-changing event.

9. maust1013

maust1013 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,435
    I finally saw it over the weekend. After all the buildup I'd heard I was kind of disappointed to find it was pretty much a middle of the road Marvel movie. Not particularly good nor bad. The Bucky Barnes Easter Egg may have been the most interesting thing about it

10. Nikolai

Ratings:
    +8,111
    Saw Deadpool 2 finally. I agree with the take that it's a better film than the first one, but since I knew what a Deadpool movie would bring, it didn't have the same sense of wonder as the first for me. I wasn't as thrilled, but the plot was better, the comedic setup was better, and the action was definitely better.

Bottom line, I'd say they pulled off the highly improbable; a worthy sequel to a surprise hit.

11. Boomer B

Ratings:
    +1,656
    Saw Deadpool 2 the other night. Pretty good, but not as good as the first.

* Spoilers *

THE GOOD

- good plot and some great action sequences
    - the introduction of X-Force and then killing almost all of them from the plane jump was one of the funniest things I’ve seen in a while
    - Cable was done well and Juggernaut was done much better then in X-Men 3

THE BAD

- it took a while to get going. I thought the 1st half was just ok while the 2nd half was great.
    - some of the jokes got tired. The talking to the camera gag worked in the first film, not so much here

8/10

12. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829

Looks badass.

• Like Like x 1
  13. captain insano

captain insano Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3,068
    im a fan of tom hardy. ill have to see this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Boomer B

Ratings:
    +1,656
    Aquaman trailer looks very good. Director has said it's an adventure story in the mold of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Kind of epic that needs to be seen on the big screen.

15. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    I’m hoping the writing for his dialogue is better than the ****ty, dudebro, throw-away lines he was given in “Justice League.”

16. Boomer B

Ratings:
    +1,656
    I hear ya. Jason Momoa has the look and the charisma, but he better get some better character development and dialogue then he did in Justice League. Worst part of that trailer was him jumping out of the plane yelling Wooo Whooo!

17. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    Justice League was an abomination of a movie. I cannot understand a few things:

1. Why the rush? Take the time to develop the other characters (Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman) plus maybe give Affleck's Batman his own standalone movie.
    2. Why bring in Whedon for this flick to finish Snyder's work? Two totally different directors. FFS, Whedon had Batman in plucky comic relief moments. "Something is definitely bleeding."
    Movie was absolute trash and I don't have a whole lot of hope for the franchise as a whole. Now, if either Matthew Vaughn or Christopher McQuarrie (my preference would be the latter) helm the Man of Steel 2 project, my faith will be renewed. They need to do away with Snyder and Whedon should not be within 500 miles of a D.C. franchise.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  18. Boomer B

Ratings:
    +1,656
    I liked Justice League but it could have been so much more. I liked the action sequences and some of the interactions between the characters.

There were a few big issues the movie was dealing with

- the fallout from Batman v Superman. I really liked the extended blue ray version but Snyder made a dark film which completely got the Superman character wrong. The big problem was that Justice League was already in production with script done and Snyder again at the helm. Warner Brothers should have bit the cost, stopped production, and rethought the project, but they went full steam ahead.

- Warner Brothers doesn’t like what they see and brings in Whedon to try and save it. They also insist on a 2 hr run time which isn’t enough for character development. Now we get Whedon trying to lighten up the movie with shoe horned in Marvel humour. Batman shouldn’t be doing Spider-Man like one liners.

If DC had been smart and took their time they could have set themselves up to dominate the next decade. Marvel’s main guys are winding down. Downey Jr, Hemsworth, and Evans contracts are done. DC should have planned to make their big push after 2019 Infinity War concludes.

Should have been

2017 summer: Man of Steel
    2017 winter: Wonder Woman

2018 summer: The Batman
    2018 winter: Aquaman

2019 summer: The Flash (with Cyborg)
    2019 winter: Green Lantern Corps

Now everyone has their origin story. Follow up in 2020 with Justice League done right. And then the sequels start, with Justice League 2 in 2024 and Justice League 3 wraps everything up in 2028. All this going on when Marvel’s main characters and stars are done.

19. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    It was a terrible movie. They crossed a very dark, brooding director with a hokey, comedic director. The results were an uneven film with darkness and comedic relief. Whedon should have never been allowed to touch that movie. Furthermore, Steppenwolf looked like a video game boss. The CGI was horrific for such a big budget movie.

I actually liked the directors cut of BvS too. They hit a home run with the way they wrote Batman. Superman was a bit off, but Luthor was written well (even though I hate Eisenberg in the role).

20. Boomer B

Ratings:
    +1,656
    Anyone watch Daredevil on Netflix? Season 3 came out last week. Probably my favourite show on Netflix. Season 3 was awesome. Vincent D’Onofrio as Kingpin is a better villain then any Marvel villain on the big screen including Thanos. His manipulation of the whole system is what Lex Luther should have been in Batman v Superman. Charlie Cox as Daredevil is great.

I didn’t know much about the Daredevil character before watching the show but now i’d put this show as the 2nd best comic book to Movie/TV adaptation, just behind the Dark Knight Trilogy.

Daredevil Season 1: 10/10
    Daredevil Season 2: 9/10
    Daredevil Season 3: 10/10

• Useful Useful x 1