SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Steelers
Sun
Dec 16th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Shocking Ending
Sunday's loss in Miami was shocking and will likely have the Patriots doing some second-guessing this week.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

***OFFICIAL superhero/comic book movie thread***

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by KontradictioN, Apr 17, 2015.

1. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Josh Gordon's locker is next to Brady's. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +41,829
    Yeah. I’ll probably see it tomorrow night in IMAX. I’m a sucker for DC stuff (lone exception being Suicide Squad).

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017

2. Boomer B

Boomer B Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,656
    Saw Justice League today.

It's a fun movie. It's biggest flaw is that they tried to fit too much into a 2 hour movie. They should have done a few more setup movies for characters like Aquaman, Flash, and Cyborg. The movie doesn't have much room to breathe. That being said, the actors/characters work well off each other. Nobody is mis-cast and they all have their moments. The plot is the basic alien comes to destroy earth. If you want a Dark Knight type movie with a great plot and development, this one's not for you. This is just a 2 hour fun joyride.

**Spoilers**

What I liked

- The team chemistry. It simply works.
    - Some good action sequences. Everyone's powers are on display.
    - Superman! They finally got him right. He isn't the brooding Superman we saw in the last 2 films, and when he finally does appear he kicks some ass.
    - it's fun. I myself do like some of the "darker" comic book movies but I understand why they went light on this then Batman V Superman (I really liked the directors cut of that movie). This one is much lighter and has some comic relief

What I didn't like

- It felt rushed. Warner Brothers implemented a 2 hr run time and they tried to get a lot in. Would have been better to have an introductory movie for all the characters and then follow up with Justice League.
    - Steppenwolfe. With all the great villians DC has this one wasn't all that great. Paint by numbers alien overlord type. Like Ultron in the 2nd Avengers, not a very good bad guy,
    - The plot was very basic.

All in all a fun movie, not awesome, but I enjoyed it. In terms of Super Hero team ups, not as good as Avengers 1 but better then Avengers 2. For the Super Hero movies I've seen this year, not as good as Wonder Woman but better then Spider-Man.

7/10

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    I’d give it 5/10. It was good as a time waster and that was about it. Whedon crossing over and trying to tie in humor to Snyder’s otherwise dark, plodding style just doesn’t work. They also gave Jason Mamoa the same kind of throwaway lines that you would hear from a frat kid at a keg party.

4. Boomer B

Ratings:
    +1,656
    [​IMG]

Kinda perplexed as to why the critics hate JL so much. 40% critics score on rotten tomatoes while the audience score is 85%. I saw the movie with 3 buddies, none of them big comic book fans and 2 of them thought it was awesome and 1 thought it was good but not great. It seems the general public are enjoying it.

Conversely turds like Spider-Man 3, the female Ghostbusters, and Indiana Jones & the Crystal Skulls received good rotten tomatoes critics scores but poor audience scores. Spider-Man 3 and the Crystal Skulls were horrible movies. Never saw the female Ghostbusters but heard it was garbage. Sometimes the critics get it wrong.

5. slash83

slash83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,307
    Rotten Tomatoes, the same site that gave Sharknado like an 80 percent. I thought it was good, not great, I’ll be buying the extended cut for sure.

6. FourierSeries

FourierSeries Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +10,101
    I don't think you understand how Rotten Tomatoes works.

7. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +26,555
    Saw Thor Ragnarok last night, thought it was superbly done -- at or near the top of Marvel's output to date. Cate Blanchett was a pleasant surprise -- hot and menacing.

Marvel continues to eat DC's lunch. I'm not going to bother with Justice League 'til it hits cable.

The new Star Wars continues to look plain awful in ads/previews. I'm preparing to skip unless it has some surprises and does exceptionally well on RT.

8. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +26,555
    Critics are far smarter than the general public in assessing the finer points of a given film. Lots of crap movies do well at the box office.

9. Boomer B

Ratings:
    +1,656
    Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skulls had 77% critics rating on RT. That movie sucked gigantic balls and I'm an Indiana Jones fan. Sometimes the critics just get it wrong.

10. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    "Black Panther" comes in with a 99% on RT. Looks like another Marvel hit. Also, this...

11. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +26,555
    Is Black Panther supposed to have a SJW angle about racial empowerment?

12. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    Sounds like it. One of the reviews...

Barf. I think I’m all set on that. I’ll watch it when it becomes free.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +26,555
    a
    Yup, that's a turnoff. Now they have "their" racially righteous super hero movie. o_O No critic will have the balls to call it out either, which probably contributes to the high RT score.

14. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    Indeed. I have better things to spend my time and money on as lowly white trash than to be preached to about how eeeeeeeeevil my ancestors were. Guys that hide in the bedroom closet with a camera while another guy bangs their wife can feel free to subject themselves to that. I’ll catch it when it comes out on Kodi. “Venom” looks awesome though, no? I wasn’t aware until recently that he’s more of an anti-hero than a villain now. Tom Hardy is also an awesome actor.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  15. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829

This looks AWESOME.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +26,555
    Wow. I hope it's in the three-hour range; otherwise, some characters might get short shrift. (They certainly are pushing the Black Panther connection in marketing this.) Nobody does special effects like the Marvel crew.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  17. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    I read somewhere that this arc is going to be two separate movies.

Why Infinity War and Avengers 4 Are Now Two Separate Movies

I’m thinking either Iron Man or Captain America (or both) die at some point in these two films.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +26,555
    I'd hate to see that happen, especially with the Iron Man character. Downey's Iron Man is iconic, but he's said he doesn't want to keep it going indefinitely. I'd just hope he would keep it alive at least for Avengers gatherings.

19. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +41,829
    Deadpool opens up certified fresh at 86%.

20. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +26,555
    I honestly don't know if I can get into that character again, too much over-the-top wisecracking.