SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Eagles
Sun
Nov 17th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Tough Result
The Ravens made a couple of key plays and handed the Patriots their first loss of the 2019 season.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

***OFFICIAL superhero/comic book movie thread***

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by KontradictioN, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +33,129
    Is Dr. Strange really good?

I saw Wonder Woman tonight and felt oddly moved by it, even while getting impatient with some of the silly humor and yet another (yawn) climactic one-on-one epic fight with the all-powerful super villain. Gal Gadot has magnetic screen presence and exudes sexy-sweet righteous innocence even while kicking butt. I like that.

2. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +50,693
    I thought it was really good. But, as time has gone on, I would put "Civil War" back above it as the best superhero movie of last year. But I was very impressed by it.

3. Boomer B

Boomer B Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2,517
    Saw Wonder Woman a few nights ago. Wife and I both loved it, and she typically doesn't love super hero movies.

Gal Gadot is beyond gorgeous. I could watch her painting a wall for 2 hours, but she does a great job in the movie. Chris Pine is really good as well.

A word being tossed around about this movie is "inspiring" which I agree with.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +50,693
    Didn't know this but, due to a personal tragedy in Zack Snyder's family, apparently Joss Whedon is handing the post-production on "Justice League" and has already re-written and re-filmed several scenes. This movie may have potential yet.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +33,129
    I've tried watching Suicide Squad a couple times and just could not get into it. What drek. Awful characters and some pretty bad acting. I'm amazed it did so well at the box office, which means we'll see another installment.

Also, about Deadpool: unlike others here I thought that sucked too. Too much snarky sarcasm and juvenile humor -- who likes a super hero cracking wise constantly? I just wanted him to shut up. Seeing previews for the new Spider Man, I'm starting to get concerned that lame yuks in these movies is becoming a trend.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  6. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +50,693
    Yeah Suicide Squad was ****. You must have went into Deadpool not really knowing much about the character. That's pretty much what he's like in the comics. I loved it, but I can see why it wouldn't work for everyone.

7. Boomer B

Ratings:
    +2,517
    You see the new trailer released yesterday? Looks really good. With the success of Wonder Woman one of her scenes led off the trailer. Aquaman is a badass in the scenes they show. Perfect casting with Jason Momoa.

The new Thor looks like it could be good also.

8. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +50,693
    Yeah it looks really good. With the scene with Alfred, he's clearly talking to Superman so it looks like they're going to go the black suit/death of Superman route here.

9. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +89
    Yeah as Thor cut off his long hair. Looking good there for Chris H!

10. Boomer B

Ratings:
    +2,517
    Saw Spider-Man yesterday. Mixed feelings on it.

*Spoilers*

The Good

- Tom Holland was very good as Spider-Man. He plays Spider-Man as a 15 yr old and right away you buy into him as the awkward teenage super hero.

- Michael Keaton as the Vulture. Is there anything he isn't good in?

- the humour. It had the right amount of humour that you'd want in a Spider-Man movie. Peter's buddy provides most of the comic relief

The Bad

- they completely changed his origin. In the comics Peter is a genius who designs his own suit and webs. In the movie it's Iron Man who gives him a high tech suit that has a robot talking to Spider-Man telling him all he needs to know with hundreds of different webs, etc...

- In the comics Peter becomes Spider-Man from the guilt of not stopping a robber who ends up killing his Uncle Ben. In the movie Uncle Ben isn't even mentioned and Spider-Man is trying to show his worth to Tony Stark cause he wants to be an Avenger. Just doesn't sit right with me to alter the very thing that motivates him to fight crime and the guilt he lives with.

- Flash Thompson who is the jock high school bully to Peter is played by a 5'5 130 lb Indian guy. Doesn't really come across as a guy who's gonna bully Peter.

- the final fight. One of the worst final fights in comic book history. Takes place at night with an airplane involved. Could barely make out what was going on. Very badly filmed. Needed more light or better cgi. The fight was poor and the Vulture basically picked up some of Starks bombs which blew up. Spider-Man didn't beat him.

Had some promise but it strayed to far from the source material and the final fight was really poor.

6.5/10

Ranking the Spider-Man movies so far:

1. Spider-Man 2 9/10
    2. Spider-Man. 8/10
    3. The Amazing Spider-Man 7/10
    4. Spider-Man Homecoming 6.5/10
    5. Amazing Spider-Man 2. 3/10
    6. Spider-Man 3. 1/10

11. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +50,693
  12. captain insano

captain insano Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4,275
    I stopped going to spiderman movies after the third one. enough is enough.

13. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +33,129
    Some big review sources are calling it a stupid mess and it's REALLY telling that RT hasn't yet published a score -- one day before release. I'm not optimistic for Justice League. From their spotty track record so far it seems the DC folks don't have a very firm grip. Marvel is far superior. I'll predict that JL's approval rating is under 60 percent.

14. FourierSeries

FourierSeries Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +10,079
    How can anyone not like Deadpool? F&cking fantastic movie, and I'm looking forward to the 2nd one.

Not a movie, but the Punisher releases on Netflix tomorrow. Looks good based on the trailers.

15. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +50,693
    Yeah I’ve seen other reviews that say that Ezra Miller is the lone bright spot in it. DC should have gotten away from Snyder after BvS, gone in a different direction, and started with origin stories for each character like Marvel did and like they did with Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot can take a dump on my chest if she wants to). Make the audience care about the characters first, then make your big budget Justice League spectacle using a director that’s not actually just a cinematographer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +50,693
    I liked it. Still have to see the first season of “Punisher”. Bernthal is a good actor.

17. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +33,129
    As much as I liked Wonder Woman, even that was pretty flawed in retrospect -- subpar CGI and a gratuitously over-the-top supervillain. DC doesn't make its characters or plots smart or complex enough and the visual effects are more cartoon-like than lifelike.

18. FourierSeries

FourierSeries Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +10,079
    He did a good job as the Punisher in season 2 of Daredevil and in The Defenders. It'll be interesting to see him as the lead guy in his own show. I think season 1 has the potential to be one of the better seasons of any Marvel show on Netflix, although Daredevil season 1 will be hard to top.

19. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +50,693
    LOL, Justice League opens at 40% on RT.

20. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +33,129
    What did I tell you? So, are you going to see it?