SOURCE:NESN

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Jets
Sun
Sep 22nd
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
White Wash
It was a whitewash in Miami as the Patriots defense rocked the Dolphins and New England improved to 2-0 on the season.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

***OFFICIAL superhero/comic book movie thread***

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by KontradictioN, Apr 17, 2015.

1. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +48,856
    Yep. I'm really looking forward to this and the new Captain America movie.

2. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +48,856
    Here is the final trailer...

Outside of the action at the beginning, I'm still pretty underwhelmed. That said, I'm a shill for graphic novels of both Supes and Batman so this movie will still get my money. This is the best trailer of the bunch, though. They should have cast Armie Hammer or someone that portrays confidence instead of a sniveling kid as Luthor though.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  3. Boomer B

Boomer B Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2,356
    The new trailer looks awesome. That opening scene captures Batmans fighting style perfectly and is probably truer to the comics and graphic novels then any other adaptation we've seen.

Love the look on Supermans face when Batman blocks his punch. I do agree that the weak spot looks like Luther but we'll have to wait and see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. slash83

slash83 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +2,701
    Growing up watching both Superman and Batman on VHS tapes I have waited a long time to see these guys together on the big screen in a live action movie. When Affleck was announced as Batman I was pretty upset I wanted Bale cause I think he nailed it in the Dark Knight trilogy. But its a totally different Batman Snyder is going with, more true to the Frank Miller comics (which were amazing). Gotta admit watching Affleck rep Batman with these trailers my hopes are way up and Im confident he will be awesome. I have waited a long time to see the trinity come together and am super excited to watch the movie. Only thing that worries me is Snyder trying to do too much in the movie, lots of moving parts, hopefully it comes together.

5. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +48,856
  6. captain insano

captain insano Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4,102
    does this come out next friday?

7. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +48,856
    Two weeks from Friday - March 25.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Boomer B

Ratings:
    +2,356
    So initial reviews are in from people who attended the NY premiere and it looks pretty promising.

'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': What Fans Are Saying

The early fan reviews for Batman v. Superman are in, and they’re very good

"I haven't felt this giddy after watching a movie since The Avengers. Goosebumps. Everywhere. Need to talk about it ASAP. #BVSPremiere"

"So Ben Affleck is my favorite Batman now.. #BVSPremiere"

"So lucky to have been at the #BVSPremiere last night and I still can't believe how amazing it was. Not good. Not great. Amazing. #BvS"

"Still not over the #BVSPremiere. Still so giddy. Im totaaaaallllyy going to be seeing this again"

"Lots to process and think about, but overall BvS is an excellent movie #BVSPremiere"

"For those that judged #BatmanvSuperman on it's trailers, there is SO MUCH more to this movie than what's been shown! #BVSPremiere"

9. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +48,856
    I'm interested to get critical analysis of it too. Regarding Affleck: after the first trailer, I never had any doubts about him. My concern was with casting a sniveling, little whiney voiced wimp as Lex was a good idea or not. I'm hoping Eisenberg surprises me.

10. Boomer B

Ratings:
    +2,356
    Now the critics reviews starting to come in.

This from Forbes

Review: 'Batman V Superman' Triumphant

"It’s not at all an insult or disservice to the classic, fantastic Dark Knight trilogy, however, for me to say the unthinkable has now happened: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is the best Batman yet. While I’m not prepared to say this latest movie has surpassed Batman Begins or The Dark Knight overall as a film, it is a remarkable achievement that firmly establishes the larger cinematic world of DC Comics with great performances, jaw-dropping action sequences on a massive scale, and a compelling narrative about heroes seeing their sense of purpose challenged and being forced to reassess their roles in the world."

"I’m a huge fan of Zack Snyder’s Watchmen, and long considered it his best film. Batman v Superman has now taken that crown, however."

11. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +48,856
    It's getting absolutely smashed on Rotten Tomatoes right now. 36%. Most critical reviews are calling it jumbled or a mess, from what I've seen. The positive reviews, like from Peter Travers, are saying it's good because Snyder just throws so much at you until resistance is futile. Not exactly a ringing endorsement either. It pretty much sounds like what the trailers gave away: way too many characters and way too much happening.

That said, I'll still see it and form my own opinion. But the consensus on it thus far has been bad.

12. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +31,155
    Ben Affleck is no Christian Bale. ;)

13. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +48,856
    No, but they're two totally different Batmen. Affleck's Batman is more cynical and takes pleasure in inflicting pain and punishment to the criminals he arrests. It's closer to the Batman of the comics. I wish we had seen Bale play this role but, from the sound of it, Affleck still does an admirable job.

14. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +48,856
    Even though there are a lot of negative reviews right now, the two critics that I like and trust the most - Roeper and Travers - had a lot of positive things to say about it. I'm seeing this Saturday so I'll come back and weigh in with my opinion on it.

15. Boomer B

Ratings:
    +2,356
    Ya, i've read a lot of the reviews now and some leave me scratching my head. I've seen some that basically complain about the saturation of the comic book films and how it should end. If the reviewer is going into the film thinking the comic book film market should end then their opinion is basically already formed.

Most of the reviews say there is a lot of good in it, but it's bogged down by too many characters being introduced and it is very dark. For me, Batman is a dark character and people shouldn't expect a Marvel movie when you go to see Batman in a film. I tend to like DC a bit better then Marvel so we'll see how this one goes.

My rankings for Marvel vs DC movies in the last decade

Best
    1. The Dark Knight
    2. Batman Begins
    3. Captain America: Winter Soldier
    4. Iron Man 1
    5. Man of Steel/ The Avengers (tie)

Worst
    1. Iron Man 3 (horrible movie)
    2. Avengers Age of Ultron (what a letdown)
    3. Iron Man 2
    4. The Green Lantern
    5. Thor: the Dark World

16. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +48,856
    Hard to see how "Superman Returns" doesn't rank near the top of the "worst" list. That was a true pile of crap. Same as Spider-Man 3 and both of the X-Men origin movies.

17. Boomer B

Ratings:
    +2,356
    Ya, you're right. Wasn't Superman Returns more then a decade ago? If it's in the last decade it would be right near the top of my Worst List with Iron Man 3. Spider-Man 3 was an abomination of a film.

18. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +31,155
    Decent best list, although I liked Iron Man 2 and thought Ultron was decent. Iron Man 3 wasn't horrible, just not as good as the first two. I didn't think Man of Steel was any better than mediocre. Green Lantern was terrible and Thor Dark World was kind of embarrassing.

19. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +48,856
    Superman Returns was in 2006, so it fits the criteria.

20. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +48,856
    By the way, what do you guys think of the new Captain America coming out? It looks awesome. I think it will be between that and X-Men: Apocalypse for the best comic book movie of the year.