PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Super Bowl XL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a dark day for the NFL and its fans.

I can't help but think if the Patriots could have somehow made it to the Superbowl, they would have been screwed out of it....

I guess its better this way, i'd rather be screwed in the second round of the playoffs than in the Super Bowl...

Last edited:
SVN said:
what about the hasselbeck int ?? bad calls or not , you dont throw that.plus the 2 min off at the end of the half was pathetic.
the officiating was horrible but to say the seahawks did everything else , isnt correct

What I don't get from people who make this justification, is why does one team have to overcome both their own mistakes and the refs? If their mistakes were too much to overcome, then so be it, but we won't know with the horrible officiating. Pittsburgh was terrible too, especially the 2 picks by Big Ben, what about that? They didn't have to overcome the officials though, just the turnovers. It's ridiculous.

Richter said:
What I don't get from people who make this justification, is why does one team have to overcome both their own mistakes and the refs? If their mistakes were too much to overcome, then so be it, but we won't know with the horrible officiating. Pittsburgh was terrible too, especially the 2 picks by Big Ben, what about that? They didn't have to overcome the officials though, just the turnovers. It's ridiculous.
all right dude .you win . i just like to seperate the bad plays and refs .if the the other team makes mistakes thats them. i expect a team to consistently mistake free before just blaming the refs.refs were part of the loss but so are the seahawks.

did anyone see rod woodson on the nfl network ? wearing a steelers championship hat ? some unbiased reporting that is.

dhamz said:
Might be the worst SB I've ever seen. Dull, terrible officiating, 2 QBs who played pathetic football. The team that won actually played the 2nd half of the game scared of letting its QB throw. The other QB ran a clinic on what it looks like when a guy in over his head tries to run the 2 minute drill.

Tell you the truth I see Hasselbeck as the only positive on Paul Allen's payroll. He isn't allowed to do what Tom does because Holmgren is a control freak - he calls every play himself and is prone to overthinking. The wheels fell off Matt's wagon late but basically his receivers let him down. Porter was right, Jeremy Stevens is wothless. Although so was Porter and even Polamalu for most of the night. You can have Alexander too. I hear Seattle players joke that he isn't even the MVP of his team, and they are right.

But the story here tonight is the continuing debaucle known as playoff officiating. The NFL has a real problem on it's hands. They need to go to full time officials and they need to put replay in the booth at least during the playoffs with either Periera or Kukar or Hoculie in that booth. They need to make pass interference a 15 yard infraction either way and make it a reviewable call.

Well I guess the media got the story they wanted - the Bus stops here. LOL

SVN said:
all right dude .you win . i just like to seperate the bad plays and refs .if the the other team makes mistakes thats them. i expect a team to consistently mistake free before just blaming the refs.refs were part of the loss but so are the seahawks.

Why? Why do they have to be mistake free? Teams win all the time while making mistakes. Every team makes mistakes. I would say that the Seahawks made less mistakes tonight than Pittsburgh, in fact. It's just that their fatal mistake was not being favored by the referees.

NEM said:
And, considering he has been in ther NFL for 14 years, I am, kind of, happy for him and his family that he will have a Super Bowl trophy to remember his career and tell his grandchildren about.

But, that's as far as i go. :D

Was that a Freudian slip NEM - you said he will have a Super Bowl trophy, rather than he won one. And I agree it will be one. :D

merrill hoge holding a terrible towel on the set ...

here is a seattle fan comment on espn

"Dan (Seattle)
a note to my fellow Seahawk Fans: Champions focus only on the factors that they can control, such as dropped passes and sloppy penalties. Those factors are what cost us this game. Hopefully Jerramy Stevens plays for someone else next year.
"
people going after stevens

PatsFan-NH said:
Watching this messy, incompetent ending, makes BB and the Pats seem even better. How can you not have a good plan for short time. Is BB the only one who has a 2:00 drill, and who makes them practice it. What a joke.

Absolutely amazing incompetence in clock management by Seattle. When they should have been trying a fieldgoal, they take two shots at the horizontal pass to the sideline, finally completing one for the in-bounds tackle in the last 30 seconds.

shakadave said:
Absolutely amazing incompetence in clock management by Seattle. When they should have been trying a fieldgoal, they take two shots at the horizontal pass to the sideline, finally completing one for the in-bounds tackle in the last 30 seconds.

Yes, their "two-minute drill" was absolutely pathetic. That was the point where I actually began drawing comparisons to the SB and the preseason. Who could tell the difference, except for an expensive commercial every few minutes.

I remember the SBs of old, where one team was utterly blown out in a ridiculously lopsided game, but the dominance of the winning team never made me feel as if the game of football had just slid downhill, as it did here. THIS is the end result of parity. We had a few years of some great SBs and now this is where it's headed. No blowouts, just two teams stumbling around hoping that the clock runs out while they have a lead.

Look who is on the post-game show...

...on NFL Network:
Ray Lewis.
The murderer.
Who received a one-year suspended sentence.
For murder.
Who received NO punishment from the NFL.
For murder.
Who, one year later, is holding the Lombardi Trophy.
What a complete, utter disgrace.
God help the first Steeler fan who tells me what a great game it was last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back