PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

****** Official "Season's over, time to clean house" hirings/firings thread ******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not quite as obvious of a Saban/Alabama connection as the Giants’ new RB coach or the guy that turned down the DL coach job, but it kinda counts. Garrett was Saban’s QB coach with the Dolphins in 2005 and 2006.

The Worst WRs Coach in Football hires the Clapper as his OC...hilarious.

Dallas' & Philthy's DCs are already licking their chops.

Welcome to sucking for another 3 years, Vagiants.

Good friend of mine is a lifelong Cowboys fan. Another is a lifelong Giants fan and we were talking about the hire in a group text. I mentioned the fact that hasn’t call plays for years and this was Cowboys fan’s text response:

“He hasn’t called plays in years, which is more of a function of Jerry Jones. He was a good play caller when he was OC of the Cowboys. He will be a good head coach when he finds an owner who will sign the checks and stay off the sideline.”

FWIW.

Good friend of mine is a lifelong Cowboys fan. Another is a lifelong Giants fan and we were talking about the hire in a group text. I mentioned the fact that hasn’t call plays for years and this was Cowboys fan’s text response:

“He hasn’t called plays in years, which is more of a function of Jerry Jones. He was a good play caller when he was OC of the Cowboys. He will be a good head coach when he finds an owner who will sign the checks and stay off the sideline.”

FWIW.

It will be curious to see how he does out from under Jerruh.

FWIW.
Agree he’s a competent OC, but he’s not cut out to be a HC and the jerrah excuse is lame.

Romeo is out as the Texans' DC

Anthony Weaver poised to move up to defensive coordinator, Romeo Crennel could return in similar role to when Mike Vrabel was Texans' defensive coordinator: houstonchronicle.com/sports/texans/…

Texans have promoted Anthony Weaver to defensive coordinator, replacing veteran defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel, according to league sources. Weaver, 39, has been the Texans defensive line coach since 2016, previously was with Cleveland Browns, Buffalo Bills and New York Jets

The decision to promote DL coach Anthony Weaver to Texans' DC has been expected since they lost at KC. Romeo Crennel can remain in the organization as he did in 2017 when Mike Vrabel was promoted from LBs to DC. Weaver is highly thought of as a DC and possible head coach.

Anthony Weaver is highly respected by his Texans players, and around the league. Has roots with Rex Ryan from his days with the Ravens, Jets and Bills. Expecting an aggressive approach from new Texans defensive coordinator

The Vikings didn’t have to go far to find their new offensive coordinator.

Gary Kubiak, who spent last season as the Vikings’ assistant head coach and offensive advisor, will now get the offensive coordinator title, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network...

Vikings make Gary Kubiak offensive coordinator

Vagiants add former Cowboys OLC Mark Columbo for same position, as per NFLN...Wouldn't have minded adding him here as Dante's apprentice/eventual replacement.

The Texans will have a General Manager, after all.

The Texans have given coach Bill O’Brien the General Manager label. Also, Jack Easterby has become the team’s executive V.P. of football operations.

It’s an unexpected ending to a process that began in June, when the Texans abruptly fired G.M. Brian Gaine, with the initial plan to hire Patriots V.P. of player personnel Nick Caserio to replace Gaine. The Patriots filed a tampering charge, and the Texans abandoned the pursuit...

Texans make Bill O’Brien the team’s General Manager

one less place Caserio can go to
Patriot’s had one of the worst season with the players that they acquired. I wonder if it was due to Caserio looking forward to joining the Texan and losing focus on his current job.

Patriot’s had one of the worst season with the players that they acquired. I wonder if it was due to Caserio looking forward to joining the Texan and losing focus on his current job.
I doubt it

The Patriots may be better off without Bielema. Both Pennel and Bennett
had trouble with him. No respect for veterans?

I doubt it
Caserio and Belichick both did a miserable job filling the tight end position. Not
only did they pass over all of them in the draft, they cut Allen and Hollister without
replacements early in the preseason and signed one lowly ranked UDFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes