PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Should be referred to Deflategate Part 2 since we have all the elements here. An investigation designed to prove guilt rather than uncover truth. Guilt based on the barometer of Patriots hate and the will of the other owners, rather than facts. “Frustration” is the key word here that leads me to believe there is no way the league doesn’t completely fck the Patriots once again.

Did Peyton Manning and Ray Lewis turn over their phones and electronic devices? Nope...just said they didn’t do it.

Well watching the unending abject misery of the 31, and especially SB51 with the owners collectively defeated and pulverized, makes it all worth it. I don’t give a crap what penalties are handed down. One day the league will be exposed as corrupt scum.

What are YOU getting at? You asked ME if I saw the game.
No. I was asking whether Ashley even has a chance to watch the game with all the moderation required on the GDT, but please go on with your umbrage taking if that works for you. It seems to be all the rage these days.

For a third time. The absence of deep passes is not proof that he can't do it right now. It is your speculation. Stop calling it a fact.

You couldn’t name one, could you? :D

All last week, day after day in practice, Brady uncharacteristically was shaking his elbow after almost every throw. He plays a marvelous game yesterday without throwing more than 15 yards in the air on any of his 33 passes. He shows up to the postgame presser with a large ice bag on his elbow FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HIS 20 year career. And you are looking for proof?? Really?

Hopefully the elbow heals. Brady was magnificent and quite inventive yesterday given his circumstances. He truly is the GOAT.

Honestly, I’m done arguing with you on this because you are obviously tunnel visioned on the subject and no amount of obvious facts shown you will convince you. The facts are out there in high definition clarity.

Last edited:
You couldn’t name one, could you? :D

All last week, day after day in practice, Brady uncharacteristically was shaking his elbow after almost every throw. He plays a marvelous game yesterday without throwing more than 15 yards in the air on any of his 33 passes. He shows up to the postgame presser with a large ice bag on his elbow FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HIS 20 year career. And you are looking for proof?? Really?

Hopefully the elbow heals. Brady was magnificent and quite inventive yesterday given his circumstances. He truly is the GOAT.

Honestly, I’m done arguing with you on this because you are obviously tunnel visioned on the subject and no amount of obvious facts shown you will convince you. The facts are out there in high definition clarity.

...and why I think/hope it is fixable:

Here’s what Tom Brady Sr. said while reminiscing about his famous son - The Boston Globe

".......He (TB Sr.) said trainer Alex Guerrero saved TB12 when the quarterback was plagued by a sore arm at age 25.

“He couldn’t throw the ball on Wednesdays his arms were so sore — he’d have tennis elbow,’’ Tom Sr. said. “Guerrero elongated the muscles and tendons and the pain was gone. He can go out and throw 200 footballs a day and never have a sore arm because of Guerrero....."

Great point about the AFC South. That most definitely WAS Madison Ave trying to create a marketable GOAT (sometimes life doesn’t go by script, does it?).

Miami should been in that division with Indy in ours. But wow. Can you imagine 3 games per year of Brady-Manning????!!!

They never saw B&B coming.

If Madison Ave really wanted a marketable GOAT they had Brady but I think it was Park Ave that wanted Manning.

Is it your position that Blandino doesn't know what officials are looking for when it comes to making OPI calls? Is that really the limb you want to go out on?

Blandino is there to parrot Park Ave's company line, whatever that is at the time. Do you really think he's there for any other reason?

It's been clear to me that the NYFL has no interest in getting calls right. I've seen countless reviews that should have overturned a call but didn't. The theory that I've seen floating around here is that the NYFL wants to be able to say they had X thousand challenges but only a handful of reversals. It looks that way.

From watching the “trip clip”, It actually looks like Tom reflexively grabs Oliver’s leg to help himself get off the ground- he instantly lets go.... that’s a stretch to call it a intended trip. :rolleyes: Buffalo fans whining as usual.

As I remember that play there was another Bills player there who "accidentally" kicked Brady in the head. It looked like he tried to get the toe of his shoe into Brady's face. Maybe that was why Brady grabbed Oliver's leg.

It’s irrelevant and the opposite of the situation that happened in the game. The rule cited would apply if, let’s say, Knox reported as ineligible. Then he’d have to line up as a C, G or T.

I think BB was questioning whether Dawkins reported as eligible. I suspect the D didn’t know he was eligible for some reason.

See. This is what I question. It specifically says that an eligible player who reports as ineligible has to line up as one of the 5 core players. You would think that the opposite would be true. That an Ineligible player who reports as eligible would have to line up outside the core 5..

Blandino is there to parrot Park Ave's company line, whatever that is at the time. Do you really think he's there for any other reason?

Yes. He's obviously at the network for another reason. But, whether he's there to parrot the NFL company line or not, that has nothing to do with whether or not he knows what officials are looking for on OPI calls.

It's been clear to me that the NYFL has no interest in getting calls right. I've seen countless reviews that should have overturned a call but didn't. The theory that I've seen floating around here is that the NYFL wants to be able to say they had X thousand challenges but only a handful of reversals. It looks that way.

Yeah, that's obviously not the case.

Last edited:
See. This is what I question. It specifically says that an eligible player who reports as ineligible has to line up as one of the 5 core players. You would think that the opposite would be true. That an Ineligible player who reports as eligible would have to line up outside the core 5..

I wouldn't think that since the "one of the core" rule is a specific patch put in after Harbaby's whinefest in the 2014 playoffs.

If you want to hear Patriots derangement syndrome, then listen to Howard/Jeremy on WGR 550 Buffalo. 12-23 HR 4 - Howard and Jeremy Show

It is beyond your wildest dreams.

"Patriots control their own headsets!"

The derangement is so incredibly high in that podcast.

Given the horrible horrible fans of Buffalo, no wonder the announcers are hideous and pathetic.

It was legal and reportedly both 71 and 73 properly reported as eligible. But supposedly the refs only announced 71 was eligible and failed to inform the defense that 73 (who caught the TD) also reported as eligible which is why BB was steamed.

If BOTH reported eligible, then it's an illegal formation as well because they wouldn't have had 5 ineligible players. They'd only have had 4..

Umm can you read?
It talks about what an ELIGIBLE PLAYER REPORTING AS INELIGIBLE cannot do.
The bills had an INELIGIBLE PLAYER REPORT AS ELIGIBLE.

the harbaugh issue was because an eligible player ( Vereen and then Hooman IIRC) reported as ineligible put 6 possible eligibles in the field so the raven couldn’t figure out who that made eligible or not.

The bills did a tackle eligible which is common.

YES. I can read. YOU clearly can't. Which is why you proceeded to absolutely get wrong what the quoted section stated.

Incredible. NFL officiating just blows. This isn’t a judgment call. It’s just failure to pay attention to detail.

The problem I have with that link is that I thought the Officials announced BOTH as eligible and that Tirico messed it up by saying only #71

The section you and I both discussed is a “note.” I think “note” means “clarification” at 345 Park. It isn’t the actual rule. You interpretation might well be correct.

The problem I have with that link is that I thought the Officials announced BOTH as eligible and that Tirico messed it up by saying only #71

Both can’t be eligible (5 players must be ineligible) unless you make an eligible receiver ineligible, which they didn’t do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing