PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official: Patriots vs. Seahawks Game Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways, it's one game. Relax. It's a little weird how legitimately depressed some people get after a loss. It's just a form of entertainment.
"It's one game"
This is reminiscents of last year all over again. Start the 1st half strong, easy HFA, and then 2nd half play like complete **** losing to trash like the Eagles and Dolphins were last year. And in the end lose HFA to Oakland or Denver and it will cost them.

Oh I still think this is a good team, 13-3 probably but the defense has got to get better and play calling needs some work also, I still dont get throwing the ball in the end.

This is fair and level headed, just don't know if the D can get better. We actually applied pressure tonight and our corners and safeties couldn't cover for more than 1 second. Patricia actually called a decent game

They will get SCORCHED again by Denver
Whos taking the drugs here? A 6 point loss with several of our key players hurting in thier stadium when the game came down to one play is getting scorched

Shut up you ****y

That is my usual take. And, I worry about games after a bye. But, this D just feels different. The offense was off, but I think the "Bend, don't break" broke tonight
I've been arguing against that approach with this roster. I believe we would be better if we played aggressive get them off the field defense with the guys we've got. Many might disagree, but against solid competition relying on them to choke is flawed. We need an identity on defense - right now it is looking passive and tentative.

We can still get that identity if Hightower steps up as a leader more and the team gets more physical and imposing. In the meantime, though, we've got tough sledding while the defense figures out who they are going to be towards the end of the year.

Three of the four play called were brain dead. But what's new? Our mentally handicapped OC costs us another win. This team will be much better when we finally get rid of Anchor McDaniels.

If you hate McDaniels' play calling, I'm sure you'll just love the other 31 OCs.

"It's one game"
This is reminiscents of last year all over again. Start the 1st half strong, easy HFA, and then 2nd half play like complete **** losing to trash like the Eagles and Dolphins were last year. And in the end lose HFA to Oakland or Denver and it will cost them.

You're getting way ahead of yourself there, sport.

"It's one game"
He is right. It is one game. Teams lose. Good ones too.

chicken little

Three of the four play called were brain dead. But what's new? Our mentally handicapped OC costs us another win. This team will be much better when we finally get rid of Anchor McDaniels.

I can't ever remember hating one of my teams, before now, but I cannot stand this collection of morons and ****ies.

Another nominee for the annual "I dont care and cant stand it" award for the most idiot overreaction.

There were a few first downs left on the board where we relied on James White (who has played as well as one could hope for from him) and Blount that probably would've been first downs for Dion Lewis.

The play calling was terrible at the goal line when we had 4 chances to punch it in. Really, a QB sneak and jump ball is all that we could have drawn up? Hopefully this team was "holding back" on the play book for until it really matters (if we don't give up home field first).

Nothing that we can't correct on offense.

Now the defense, its obvious we are mediocre in coverage. Some of the plays that Baldwin was beating our secondary on a regular basis tonight were weak plays by Chung and especially Logan Ryan. You can mitigate that with a good pass rush, which we unfortunately do not have. Flowers looks like our best rusher right now and if that's all we can muster up against a mediocre OL for Seattle, then there's no way we get #5 unless we win in a shootout assuming we even make it to the big game.

Seattle offense on 3rd down 6 of 12
NE offense on 3rd down 6 of 10

Going by this logic Seattle's is ****ing horrendous.
The difference between giving up yards on 3rd down is HUGE. Don't even try with your BS to see how PUTRID this defense played today

Yes he's beatable because of the defense and Josh's running plays on 2nd and long. Well have Dion back and he'll still do that ****
Yup!! That's all they did in the 1st have was run themselves into 3rd and long situations. It was ridiculous. I've never been a Josh McDaniels fan, think he calls a mediocre game more often than not and is slow to make in-game adjustments. Highly overrated coach.

Why would you be okay with this? He initiated contact before the ball was in the air. The defender isn't allowed to respond by holding and especially after the pass is thrown.

The play is designed to use Gronk's size to legally create separation.

Was also called in the 1st quarter. Can't be calling that in the 1st quarter and then decided to keep the flag in the pocket when the game is on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes