PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Week 17 Dolphins @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone was saying the same thing about us last year, too old, no receivers, no speed etc...don't give up on this team.

I think we are one and done in the playoffs. This offense is worse than 2006.

Come out 2nd half make adjustments and put this team to bed!!!!!
Ground n pound. Play action. 17-10. Puts MIA down

After starting 7-7 and 101 yds , Fitz is 3-8 and 24 yds

I have a BIG problem with what the Pats did at the end of the half. They COULD have had the ball with about 1.45 and 2 TO's. In the last 20 years, when IF EVER, did the Pats choose to run the clock out.

This isn't the Pats that I recognize. Maybe its just Bill punishing his team for such a horrendous first half

Whats the difference between calling TO immediately or waiting if you get a positive first play and then use it ?

Think about it.

WTF. Trent Green just lied through his teeth.. The Pats 1st SB was won without the bye. .

No, they got the bye at 11-5, they did make the SB in the 80’s and 90’s without the bye.

As bad as that was, once again the offense gave up more points than the defense.

It's been a while since we've created a turnover. Were due.

Just don't turn the ball over on offense and I will not complain.

Saints up 35-0. Here's to New Orleans wining playoff games by 40-50 points and meeting the Pats in the Super Bowls, with the Pats limping in, look ripe for the taking..

Our WR and TE positions need a complete overhaul in the offseason.

We went from too much talent, to none at all in a matter of weeks.

It’s going to rear it’s ugly head once the playoffs start.

Thankfully they didn't waste a 2nd rounder for a scrub WR in what is described as deepest WR draft in a decade.

The defense did their job - only gave up a field goal and held the Dolphins to 1/6 on 3rd down. Fitzpatrick was on the money all half.

The Patriots should come out pissed and running off left tackle where they had success in the first half. I'm not sure what Brady needs to do to get on track. He threw a couple of great balls in the 1st half (back shoulder o Harry and the long ball to Dorsett) but threw a slew of floaters.

That's how this team is built. Defense, running and the occasional pass. Tom's elbow might be tender. Who knows
It is discouraging to sit on the ball before the half. But this offense only chugs down the field when it has balance between run and pass. With a limited amount of time and Brady's elbow looking suspect, I guess Belichick worried that the odds were higher for his quarterback throwing another pick or getting demolished versus helping rally us to a field goal.

In a pass happy league, when you don't have confidence throwing it is a sign it is time to overhaul the offense. I hope we evaluate that side of the ball this offseason with all positions up for grabs.

This is horrible coaching.

I get the offense sucks, but you had a minute and a half and a full set of timeouts and you just let it run out?

What the hell am I watching?
BB is getting ready for the playoffs, by acting like Andy Reid with TOs to try to understand how his mind works.

Its obvious man.

Our receivers aren’t the fastest, they don’t have the best hands, and they aren’t the best at beating man coverage. We know that. But they do respect the hell out of women. And that’s admirable. So if you guys are down, just look at the bright side.
I have great hands, am fast and beat man coverage all the time.....who cares about the rest?:p

• The Patriots are going to win today.
  • The Patriots are going to get a bye.
  • The Patriots are going to get healthier.
  • The offense is going to get better.

*****ing about how today's game looks is absolutely warranted. But don't throw the future under the bus at the same time.

Yes, I think saying the team is playing bad is fine because they are playing bad. Where people do get into the troll/whiner/loser lane is when they start saying the season is over and all this nonsense. That's not how men (or women) face life. You go into battle and fight to win regardless of the odds.

I can’t stress enough how bad of a wide receiver Mohammed sanu is. No separation hands like a snake what the hell did bill see in this guy.
I hope this offseason is a complete reset on offence cause this is a disaster and just unwatchable.

Ugh.

I'll admit, after the monster punt I was glad we didn't call timeout. Starting out around our own 20 could have been dangerous whether we went 3 and out or turned the ball over, figured either of those on this day would be just as likely as us driving 50 yards to get into decent FG range.

Saints up 35-0. Here's to New Orleans wining playoff games by 40-50 points and meeting the Pats in the Super Bowls, with the Pats limping in, look ripe for the taking..

If you’re going to dream, dream big

It is discouraging to sit on the ball before the half. But this offense only chugs down the field when it has balance between run and pass. With a limited amount of time and Brady's arm, I guess Belichick worried that at the end of the half the odds were higher for Brady throwing another pick or getting demolished versus us rallying to get a field goal.

In a pass happy league, when you don't have confidence throwing it is a sign it is time to overhaul the offense. I hope we evaluate that side of the ball this offseason with all positions up for grabs.
I'm fine w it. I accept what this team is.

Can't be the 07 offense every year

Hey Goodell!
giphy.gif

That second down run was too predictable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back