PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Pats @ Bills

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley

Banned
Reaction score
So it comes down to one game, if we win we're in. I'm not really into "if we lose, we can still get in". Let's go out and see if we can beat the Bills.

This has been a really different week. I'm so glad that Hamlin is doing better!!!

We're going to have to control Allen today, limit his runs. He's such a difference maker and tough to handle. Our defense has been the strength of this team this year, they are going to need to carry us to a victory today. Hopefully, a turnover or two!!!!

Of course, hoping for no injuries!!!

Let's go Pats!!!!! Nobody is giving us a chance, let's shock the world!!!!!!!!

Let's discuss!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you keeping track of the playoff scenarios, and our very own @Ross12 does an excellent job in keeping everyone up to speed, please see below from my man Zack:

Dumb And Dumber Theres A Chance GIF by Canadiens de Montréal

If we lose and somehow sneak in by Browns & Jets winning, we'd be right back in BUF next week to play again in the WC.
The tone would be even more pessimistic and the team would be quite defeated, and intimidated.
It'd be amazing to catch the Bills in an over-emotional high and pull out a win today, and if the Bengals win too, we'd be going to CIN for the WC.
I'd hate to lose 2x to the Bills to close out the season. (although silver lining would be that would ensure the need to change the offensive staff)

I would love for the Pats to win the game by controlling time of possession with long drives that end in tds while keeping Allen on the sideline.

That just isn’t who the Patriots have been this year. If the Patriots win today it will be due to big plays in all three phases. A stat I was shocked to hear on the catch 22 podcast, the Patriots offense is second in the NFL in plays of over 20 yards.

A team isn’t going to change its stripes this late in the year, so to win today they will need explosive plays on offense, turnovers on defense and some great returns on special teams. We have seen all those things over the course of the season just not enough consistency.

Today we will see if our team has a character. If somehow Pats win it we will get playoffs and additionally improve morale by beating one of contenders.
Seriously hard thing to win with Buffalo. However I will watch it cause I believe they are able to do it.
Go Pats!

If we lose and somehow sneak in by Browns & Jets winning, we'd be right back in BUF next week to play again in the WC.
The tone would be even more pessimistic and the team would be quite defeated, and intimidated.
It'd be amazing to catch the Bills in an over-emotional high and pull out a win today, and if the Bengals win too, we'd be going to CIN for the WC.
I'd hate to lose 2x to the Bills to close out the season. (although silver lining would be that would ensure the need to change the offensive staff)
Playing a Team three times would be kinda weird. I remember when we lost to that Rex Ryan Coached Jets Team many moons ago in a Playoff game: that was our third time playing them that year.

Survive the first quarter and all the emotion, I think it will be a tight game in the 4th quarter.

Survive the first quarter and all the emotion, I think it will be a tight game in the 4th quarter.
Other than that three pass game have any other games been tight with these Josh Allen Bills?? Not holding my breath.
Hold On Wow GIF by Bounce

You mean 2nd from the bottom.

I’m sorry and must be just misunderstanding this stat because this makes zero sense for any team to have anywhere close to this many 20+ yard plays. The math on that is ridiculous.

If the Pats win and are scheduled to play Buffalo again next week, do you think they’ll just stay out there and make a week out of it? Maybe do a team building outing to Rochester?

I’m glad after the early set of games will know whether or not they’ll be playing next week, won’t have to sit around speculating.

You mean 2nd from the bottom.

Despite what the heading of that page reads the stat you are sorting is total plays ran by each offense not explosive plays.

Lazar said he got the stat on pro football reference but I couldn’t find it there. I assume it’s behind their “stat head” premium service stats that he would have access to but I’m not willing to pay for to prove this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing