PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Bears @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update on Mac: Well sort of lol, it will be a game time decision, and nobody expected anything different from BB:

To be honest - at this point I expect Bill to screw with all of us and play both of them on a rotation or some sh*t.

So going back to the report on the Bears Pats thread, is the tweet that Zappe was going to start real or not. Was Zolak imbibing early or just took a shot to say I told you so?

BTW- I have mixed feelings about Mac playing tonight. I ONLY want him out there if he is feeling good. I DON'T want him just "toughing it out". He is on the inside range of a 4-6 week injury. Everyone heals differently so you never know. On the plus side, the 4 weeks gave him a chance to heal from the nagging upper body hits he took in the first 2 games. And having 3 games to watch from the side lines can give a player some "perspective" that is valuable. Remember at the start of the season, with all those worries and questions about the defense, it might have put a lot more pressure on Mac to do more than was out there. Now that the defense has shown its mettle and Zappe showing how do more by doing less, Mac will get back to being the QB we all hope he is to become.

The other plus I see if he plays this game is that NEXT week we meet the 5-2 Jets in NJ and I'll be happy that Mac will have shaken off any rust he may have in the Bears game. What I don't want to see, is make limp....even once, if he plays.

Now I'm off to the gym, so I will LITERALLY be 'pumped up" before this game.

To be honest - at this point I expect Bill to screw with all of us and play both of them on a rotation or some sh*t.
Sounds like a terrible idea but would probably still work against Chicago,

8:00 can't get here fast enough.

LFG!!!!!!

yeah let's expose both of our qbs to potential injury in the same game vs the Bears.

Man I hope it's just Bill blowing smoke via Schefter.

So going back to the report on the Bears Pats thread, is the tweet that Zappe was going to start real or not. Was Zolak imbibing early or just took a shot to say I told you so?
Yes

Forget the Jones/Zappe controversy. Bill Freakin' Murray is playing for the Pats tonight. This is news on a biblical proportions. You know human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria.

Safe to say Mac & Zap would feel safer behind Murray the actor

In other news though - Bourne & Agholor sound like they'll be inactive.
But where did Lil'Jordan end up - I lost track. Is he still on the 53 or PS?
Cause we're going to be thin at WR with only Parker, Meyers & Thornton.
But appearances suggest we're going heavy run game tonight.

Part of me wondered if BB intended to play Zappe all along, but wanted him to genuinely believe he was the backup heading into the game, to see how that would affect his mental approach and preparation.

I could be totally full of sh*t, but that idea almost sounds less insane than a QB-by-committee approach, where both play tonight.

Maybe BB believes the Bears are so offensively limited that he can treat this as an evaluation game and play both QBs. That'd be ... pretty out there.

I forgot that we signed Raleigh Webb off the BAL PS. So he's the other WR.
Wonder if he'll get activated over Bourne & Agholor? He could become my new "Edelman" binky guy to pull for.
We tried with Gunner, Berrios, TJ Moe... come on Webb!

Things keep getting interesting in a way that only BB make it:

Might be they plan to pull Jones sooner than usual if they build a sizeable (but not insurmountable) lead. Maybe if they're up 14+ over halfway through the 3rd quarter (or later) they put in Zappe to save Jones the mileage.

Holy **** look at those ****in bunny ears on Andrew Siciliano. I wonder what his pre-TV stretching routine is like for those flappers. God damn

Holy **** look at those ****in bunny ears on Andrew Siciliano. I wonder what his pre-TV stretching routine is like for those flappers. God damn

His height is funnier

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey