PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Day 1 2019 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Josh Jacobs is a good player and his story is really tremendous, sleeping in cars, that kind of thing, smart kid too, but still think a 1st round running back is crap.

Man, stories like Jacobs are what makes the NFL great. Tip of the cap to his father for being a role model and to Jacobs, for persevering through the bad card he was dealt.

If you're a WR you're praying you don't go to Baltimore and have Lamar throwing 15 times a game.

seahawks have quite a bit of leverage here picking back to back 29 & 30. Probably have a LOT of teams talking to them who want to get back into round 1.

If someone trades up with seattle, i'm thinking the Pats make the pick at #32 as we likely were leapfrogged already by the team that went up to seattle's pick.

I want them to go WR. We have Edelman but that is the only reliable guy we have. Gordon is obviously unreliable and Dorsett remains unproven as a starting receiver.

They need another weapon for Brady. Time to finally go receiver in the first round IMO.

Getting a QB with the 5th year option would be nice.

I hate how all these experts are ranking everyone's character now. Character is obviously essential, but it just seems so awkward when you have a group of decent young men with no criminal background and you're ranking them based off combine interviews or whatever. Seems like everyone who hasnt punched a woman is high character player according to these guys.

I think Josh Jacobs is a good player and his story is really tremendous, sleeping in cars, that kind of thing, smart kid too, but still think a 1st round running back is crap.
Sony?

Chris, how would you like AJ Brown?
Yeah Brown or Metcalf.
Lock is a top 10 talent we never get shots at QBs.
LA Chargers may take him but part of me wants to see the heir being groomed it's sucked to lose Jimmy G not now but you have to wonder when Brady is done do we want to march out Brian Hoyer?

Haha, you have a very short memory indeed. D. J. Moore from 2018 draft was the first WR off the board.
JK. I had to look it up too.

That is how much I pay attention to the first round being a Pats fan. I guess you lose interest after the first half dozen times that you wait for the Pats to pick in round one only for Belichick to trade out of the first round.

PS I'm so glad we got Michel at 32 last year, I feel he's a more explosive prospect than Jacobs this year at #24.

Did you think that with Sony? Or just given the Raiders situation? I think given the situation, any position/player is on the table given the circumstances.

Ravens are taking Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back