PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Official 2023 Free Agency Thread

We could easily shift money around and pay more people.

Mcdaniels is incredibly annoying going after the same Players him and Ziegler.
Yes, there is a decent amount of cash available in reserve that they can tap into as necessary via restructures, extensions, cuts or trades. They could spend all the way to the cap now, restructure Godchaux and Wise in June to free up $4M to sign their draft picks, then restructure Judon in August to free up $5M and give them a cushion for operating expenses for the season.

No. It proves you're talking out your arse. They got RESERVES contracts. Not Special teams contracts.
their contracts indicate they will play mainly ST snaps, we'll see by year end

their contracts indicate they will play mainly ST snaps, we'll see by year end
No. Their contracts indicate that they are end of roster reserve players who can be cut easily. Which is significantly different than Board's contract. You claimed they were the same. They're not remotely close to the same.

No. Their contracts indicate that they are end of roster reserve players who can be cut easily. Which is significantly different than Board's contract. You claimed they were the same. They're not remotely close to the same.
no, stop lying
1 million difference in cap hit is likely euqal to me
that they can be easily cut was not part of my post

Why don't YOU take a look at their contracts? OH. I know. If you did, it would show how ridiculous you are.

Wilson - 1yr/$1.6M cap hit. 1.08M Salary. 275K Signing Bonus. $330K guaranteed salary.
McMillan - 1yr/ 1.545M Cap hit. 1.08M Salary. $245k signing bonus. $330K guaranteed,
Board - 2yr/$5M total cap hit. 2.6M guaranteed money.

But, yeah.. those are really equal.. *SMH*

Board is like Slater. He's a special teams Ace. Wilson and McMillan are reserves who happen to play special teams. Maybe that's too much nuance for you.

This is a good point. Peppers was also playing special teams and we resigned him recently.

I’d rather sign OBJ then trade a 2 for Hop
No thanks. Obj is always hurt and is coming off a knee injury. Juju is better. Hopkins at 19 million is tough but he showed last year he's still a top talent. Obj has been kind of average since 2016. They'd definitely restructure that contract though.

I’m usually in the just figure it out mindset when it comes to the cap number. Thinking it can be manipulated. But a 19 million dollar tab, along with giving up a 2 and a player of value…I’m thinking too steep right now.

I’m coming around to the mindset of drafting a WR at 14, trading the 46 plus a 4th to move up for Dawand Jones. Move up again from 76 if necessary to get a CBor TE they like (Tucker Kraft is a good all around TE or Garrett Williams at CB)

I would give a 2nd in a heartbeat for Juedy and would consider next years 1st.

That’s not how BIll works though. If he doesn’t see value at his price he’s not interested.

I would not trade a 2nd or a 1st with D-hop even with a restructure.
Are you kidding. Next year's first.. Jeudy is ranked 60 odd amongst all receivers as per Walton website.

He did not have coaching , I agree. But he's not elite. And he is not worth even the second round . Maybe the 3rd and 4th and a player . If somebody offered a second he would be gone by now. Broncos need to pick his 5th year option by May 1st .

It's in their best interest to trade him before draft else they might end up collecting just a compensatory 4th for him. The cowboys need to resign cee see lamb and they cannot sign Jeudy as well. So they will look for just 1 year rental.

The only team which will plan for a long term contract with Jeudy is Patriots.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back