0 Dome Games

Drew Brees
32 Touchdowns
5 Interceptions
115.7 Passer Rating
8.2 YPA
11 Dome Games

Robbed!

bReEs WaS rObBeD is now an NFL subculture.

Brees was definitely robbed in 2009

had more TDs, less interceptions, and a better passer rating and barely trailed in yards to Manning and both of them picked up the 1 seed for the playoffs

How was Gronk not a unanimous selection? He's in the NFL all 100, only played in this decade and at worst is top 3 all time even to the biggest hater. Nobody else is even close regular season in the 2010's never mind in the playoff even if you're only considering receiving numbers.

There's some other really questionable ones. Tyreeeeek Hill has almost half the PK yards of Edelman and the averages are about the same. That's just one example. There are a lot of guys they could have taken over the child abuser.

Like Haden, but you never made an IMPACT. Sorry bruh...Same could be said for PP, but at least he was elite in 2 categories (CB/ST).

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because he played for such a crappy team. It's really hard for a CB to make that much of an impact on such a s***y team. Gilmore's a great example as he is now a super star after leaving the Bills for the Pats.

I assume Gronk's comparatively short career is the reason.

It's for the decade so that has nothing to do with it. Jimmy Graham probably should have made it over Kelce as well.

Regular season

Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 6.07.21 PM.png

Playoffs

Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 6.10.35 PM.png

PFF's All Decade team had a few more Patriots

Brady (QB 1st), Gronk (TE 1st), Revis (CB 1st), Gilmore (CB 2nd), McCourty (S 2nd), Patterson (KR 1st), Slater (ST 2nd, which is laughable)

It's for the decade so that has nothing to do with it. Jimmy Graham probably should have made it over Kelce as well.

Regular season

View attachment 26753

Playoffs

View attachment 26754
Wow, I agree with that. Graham was a pretty dominant TE. Getting traded for the Saints kind of ruined his career. Saints weren't better off without him as well.

I agree on Jimmy Graham over Travis Kelce. Kelce was lucky to be at his absolute peak right now. I would also consider Gates over Kelce. I just don' think Kelce is anything special.

Tyrann Mathieu? What?? I don't know how screwed up that "defensive back" voting has to be to get to that point over some very deserving CB1s. Gilmore is definitely a better choice for one.

DeAndre Hopkins deserved it, IMO. Nothing against the great receivers on there, but I think Hopkins belongs over Larry Fitzgerald, who is great but had one Second-Team All Pro (and no firsts) this decade. Calvin Johnson also dropped out halfway through the decade.

I've posted stats from Earl Thomas, Eric Weddle, and Devin McCourty, and I'm convinced that like 99% of the accolades voting is based on perception. McCourty is as good a playmaker as those guys. Eric Berry? He was a good player for awhile but has spent more time than that being vastly overrated.

Top 5 QBs of the 2010s

1. Tom Brady
2. Russell Wilson
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Peyton Manning
5. Drew Brees
(6. Patrick Mahomes)

Tyrann Mathieu? What?? I don't know how screwed up that "defensive back" voting has to be to get to that point over some very deserving CB1s. Gilmore is definitely a better choice for one.
Dude, Im dumbstruck by Mathieu on this list

By far the most average of all players

Yeah, not sure why they didn't have a ST gunner on the list.

C. Patterson made the list as well, from a ex-Pat standpoint.

Edit: ex-Pat coach Pete Carroll made the list as well.

How did Pete Carroll make it?

Did they have a category for the single worst super bowl play call of the decade?

Did they have a category for the single worst super bowl play call of the decade?

That reminds me: Andy Reid over Pete Carroll.

Andy did damn well with Alex Smith. Dude finally got a stud QB and look what happens.

Play call was fine, but Butler made an unlikely INT on one of the hardest plays to defend. Lockett got out muscled by Butler who wanted it more.

Play call was fine, but Butler made an unlikely INT on one of the hardest plays to defend. Lockett got out muscled by Butler who wanted it more.

It really wasn't fine though. They staked their entire season on a scripted pass to a special teams scrub.

I can see it if you roll out and Wilson either throws to the open man or sprints to the pylon. Any kind of run/pass option there is a more defensible play than relying on a huge nobody who never did anything for you on the field on the biggest stage against a smart defense.

I just want to pause to really savor the fact that Tom Brady is the only QB to be on two All-Decade teams. The fact that it was a no-brainer unanimous decision just goes to show how absolutely crazy his career has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes