PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Odell Beckham to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me a cap guy & I would do a better job. Holy sh it DG is terrible. Back 2 back RB in the 1st Rd. Constantly & consistently letting his players walk. At the time biggest OT deal for Nate. Trades Beckham after keeping Eli way past his prime.

Now what they're going to trade up for Lock or Haskins LOL???

Honestly that's embarrassing at this level. Amazing these losers keep getting hired.

Give me a cap guy & I would do a better job. Holy sh it DG is terrible. Back 2 back RB in the 1st Rd. Constantly & consistently letting his players walk. At the time biggest OT deal for Nate. Trades Beckham after keeping Eli way past his prime.

Now what they're going to trade up for Lock or Haskins LOL???

Honestly that's embarrassing at this level. Amazing these losers keep getting hired.

Meh, I can't fault him too much for Barkley. He's the kind of RB that you can build a young core around. But he's made some embarrassingly bad decisions, both in New York and Carolina, otherwise.

No. Wrong. You dont need to individually reply to everything you disagree with either. I'd be here all month if I did that.
What’s wrong?
Did we not win the Sb or were we not a top passing offense?

Uhh, yeah....WITH THE RAMS. You just proved my point. Cooks didn't have that hit he was traded for here.

Belichick isn't and wasn't trading for a WR with a gigantic cap hit while also giving up a first, a first round talent Safety and an additional third.

I wanted Beckham too, but that type of trade isn't cost effective for New England, a team that's coming off a title, who's constantly done more with less at this position.

For a floundering franchise like Cleveland that hasn't made the playoffs in 17 years, it's worth the risk to go all-in.

I never expected New England to trade for him.

I was only responding to the idea that Cleveland splurged for him, or that they didn't get value.

When you compare both Cooks' trades to Beckham, I see they are comparable. For one, Cooks counts for much more against the salary cap. And two, Beckham is a much better player.

You also have to consider though that the Patriots would have paid him a good amount f the Rams hadn't stepped in with a no-brainer offer. After all, I doubt Belichick would have expended a first rounder on a guy that he would have let walk a year later. Tat would have been a waste. I have to believe Belichick talked to Cooks' agent before he ever sent a first rounder to the Saints.

Meh, I can't fault him too much for Barkley. He's the kind of RB that you can build a young core around. But he's made some embarrassingly bad decisions, both in New York and Carolina, otherwise.
See that was a bad pick imo. No OL or not enough for me to invest that high (I'd never take a RB that high anyway) a pick & a bad QB situation.

Trade back or take a QB. By the time your good again SQB will be looking for that big money 2nd contract.

Last edited:
What’s wrong?
Did we not win the Sb or were we not a top passing offense?

I'm very happy we won the superbowl and I'll he even happier if we upgrade the WR group.

Plenty of time to do it.

Wrong, my response was to @Tony2046, and you literally jump down my throat. I never interjected myself into the conversation between you and @edkk323.

You are literally quoting the wrong posts you dink. But lets play your moron game.

Please show me the reply where I said even a single word about you being afraid of KC. And then when you find that post go up the damn chain to realize whats going on. Jesus..

I'm not sure he is in any condition to be receiver for the Pats. He's busy with other stuff...

Yeah but you can always count on him to bring a few Immaculate Receptions to the game.

You're on record then with how awesome the wideout and passing game was last year?

Great, we found the one guy.

I missed the rule change where only your WR are allowed to participate on offense.

Given the amount of 2 WR sets we were running and the price we were paying for those two (Edelman, Hogan) it was not earth shattering but was enough to once again make us one of the top offenses in the league.

They tried their ass off last year to find options but ran into an unfortunate string of injuries during camp. Then went out and signed Gordon only for him to relapse. I can't say the team didn't try to address it. I am sure they will try it again this year and will be more successful.

Or in other words.. the offense run by Brady/McDaniels and the WR specifically are really not a worry on my mind. Especially not in March.

I missed the rule change where only your WR are allowed to participate on offense.

Given the amount of 2 WR sets we were running and the price we were paying for those two (Edelman, Hogan) it was not earth shattering but was enough to once again make us one of the top offenses in the league.

They tried their ass off last year to find options but ran into an unfortunate string of injuries during camp. Then went out and signed Gordon only for him to relapse. I can't say the team didn't try to address it. I am sure they will try it again this year and will be more successful.

Or in other words.. the offense run by Brady/McDaniels and the WR specifically are really not a worry on my mind. Especially not in March.

We need to improve the wideout situation.

It's not dire straits but it needs to happen.

I never expected New England to trade for him.

I was only responding to the idea that Cleveland splurged for him, or that they didn't get value.

When you compare both Cooks' trades to Beckham, I see they are comparable. For one, Cooks counts for much more against the salary cap. And two, Beckham is a much better player.

You also have to consider though that the Patriots would have paid him a good amount f the Rams hadn't stepped in with a no-brainer offer. After all, I doubt Belichick would have expended a first rounder on a guy that he would have let walk a year later. Tat would have been a waste. I have to believe Belichick talked to Cooks' agent before he ever sent a first rounder to the Saints.
Cooks costs us a 1st and $1.6 million against the cap.

Beckham would've cost us a 1st, a 3rd (probably a 2nd actually, since our picks are much higher than Cleveland), a young talent like JC Jackson and $16 million against the cap, for the next three years.

That's not comparable in the slightest.

We need to improve the wideout situation.

It's not dire straits but it needs to happen.
Currently, there IS no WR situation. How about we let FA and the draft shake out and then see where we are.

Currently, there IS no WR situation. How about we let FA and the draft shake out and then see where we are.

Maybe a message board where people discuss the ongoing free agency as it unfolds in real time isnt the place for you.

???

Currently, the WR situation is that, with Gordon on suspension, the Patriots only have one.

You are literally quoting the wrong posts you dink. But lets play your moron game.

Please show me the reply where I said even a single word about you being afraid of KC. And then when you find that post go up the damn chain to realize whats going on. Jesus..

It took you 6 hours to come up with this?

Again, you lumped me in with @edkk323 as a chicken little. The ONLY thing I said was in response to a different poster that NE’s receiving corps was not strong overall in 2018, and then you come up with a genius response that a WR won the SB MVP so everything is cool. Then you say I‘m a chicken little because I am complaining (which I’m not, only pointing out there needs to be improvement in the WR corps) since it’s March. Again, you interjected yourself into a conversation you weren’t originally a part of. Try again.

It took you 6 hours to come up with this?

Again, you lumped me in with @edkk323 as a chicken little. The ONLY thing I said was in response to a different poster that NE’s receiving corps was not strong overall in 2018, and then you come up with a genius response that a WR won the SB MVP so everything is cool. Then you say I‘m a chicken little because I am complaining (which I’m not, only pointing out there needs to be improvement in the WR corps) since it’s March. Again, you interjected yourself into a conversation you weren’t originally a part of. Try again.

Dude, I honestly would not waste any more energy on these clowns. luuked and bruins29 are either very arrogant or insecure for calling people names on a fan forum. I pointed their flaws and all they could do was more personal attack. It was like having a verbal fight with middle school bullies. You should check out the exchange between me and bruins29. It is actually pretty funny.

Bruins29:
Your boss gave you some **** in the bathroom? Nice!
Me:
Sure! The best day at work for you means your boss giving you a **** in bathroom.

Cooks costs us a 1st and $1.6 million against the cap.

Beckham would've cost us a 1st, a 3rd (probably a 2nd actually, since our picks are much higher than Cleveland), a young talent like JC Jackson and $16 million against the cap, for the next three years.

That's not comparable in the slightest.

It is very comparable.

No way Belichick spends a 1st on a guy who will leave after his contract is up. We were going to either sign him for $10+m against the cap in future years or trade him.

But besides all that, let me highlight this again: my response had nothing to do with the Patriots deciding to trade for Beckham. I thought that was preposterous from the get go.

My response had everything to do with the price that the Browns paid. It is comparable. Future cap hits for the Browns for Beckham are at $13-14m. Future cap hits for the Rams are at $17-18m for Cooks. Cooks is costing the Rams more. They expended a first to get him. & he's not as good a player as Beckham.

In that comparison, the Browns did really well to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes