PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Odds to win 2007 NFL Rookie Of The Year (Meriweather 3,000-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would wager $100.00, the odds are not as bad as powerball.

Last edited:
Is it 30x or 3000x? Given the odds there, I'd say it's actually 30:1 so 100 would get you $3000

Last edited:
Is it 30x or 3000x? Given the odds there, I'd say it's actually 30:1 so 100 would get you $3000

Lowest odds are 500-1 which is Calvin Johnson so I assume 3,000 to 1 is correct - although with those kind of odds you probably can't bet too high in one shot.

Lowest odds are 500-1 which is Calvin Johnson so I assume 3,000 to 1 is correct - although with those kind of odds you probably can't bet too high in one shot.

+3000 means $100 turns into ~$3,000, not $300,000.

Saying it's 3,000:1 means that, for example, you'd get better odds of, say, the Raiduhs winning the SB. Somehow that doesn't seem right to me.

I'd suspect they'd factor in things such as with the Pats being a veteran team, its unlikely the team would put any rookie in a position where he'd be noticed as a rookie of the year.

I'd also suspect that from a positional standpoint, RBs, WRs and sometimes QB rookies can have big numbers. A safety or CB making a high number of tackles doesn't get the same attention 1500 yards rushing or receiving does or 4000 yards passing might, even if the defensive play was critical to a team's success.

All that being said though, given the Samuel situation and potential DB injuries Meriweather could wind up getting a lot of playing time - but the coaches clearly would prefer to keep him in a nickle role at least for awhile - but it still could be worth a good bet!

I love that stuff you can bet on any thing great stuff....sounds like a long shot but might be fun to but 10 on.

That's a bit confusing. I always thought ROY was split between OROY and DROY. Does that make Meriweather 3000-1 odds to win DROY?

I'd be impressed if he won it. I think the league looks at us as a "Team" organization and saves the individual awards for other organizations.

Last edited:
if he would somehow become an impact player on an already strong defense and wins rookie of the year, then that would sure up another superbowl. if a team that's stacked gets more stacked...

I'd suspect they'd factor in things such as with the Pats being a veteran team, its unlikely the team would put any rookie in a position where he'd be noticed as a rookie of the year.

I'd also suspect that from a positional standpoint, RBs, WRs and sometimes QB rookies can have big numbers. A safety or CB making a high number of tackles doesn't get the same attention 1500 yards rushing or receiving does or 4000 yards passing might, even if the defensive play was critical to a team's success.

All that being said though, given the Samuel situation and potential DB injuries Meriweather could wind up getting a lot of playing time - but the coaches clearly would prefer to keep him in a nickle role at least for awhile - but it still could be worth a good bet!

Where have the coaches said this? That's actually not at all what they've said to this point. Peas said they intend to use Meriweather primarily as a Safety, and a CB only in certain situations. He also said drafting Meriweather will allow them to move other players....who might they be thinking about moving?

Last edited:
Brady Quinn might have a better shot than him, ooops forgot the fins passed on him.

Meh, if he plays like Hester on returns, he'll get it.

Last edited:
since Meriweather has yet to step foot on a practice field, I'd say the odds are pretty long..

since Meriweather has yet to step foot on a practice field, I'd say the odds are pretty long..

well. no rookie has stepped onto the field. So they're all on the same playing field

well. no rookie has stepped onto the field. So they're all on the same playing field

other rookies had minicamps, passing camps, etc.....Meriweather did not participate because of his hamstring

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes