PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OBJ: “We’re gonna turn the Browns into the new Patriots”

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stated aspiration itself is high praise. Patriots are now synonymous with the best team, winners, champs, continued excellence, etc.

Of course if Beckham really understood what it takes to be a Patriot he'd understand they do their talking between the lines, not between microphones. $50M talent...50¢ head.

How dare he.

Yep, I'm on the "high praise" bandwagon. It's pretty cool that, despite the best efforts of the league office and ESPN, the Pats are the model franchise and the exemplar for other teams with lofty aspirations.

Seriously, how ****in cool is that??

It's nice to have goals

Dumb comment but think they actually have a shot at being pretty good this year. That’s probably all he meant to say but apparently the Patriots are on his mind.

Will be remarkable to do that from the WR position. This kind of vision is normally created and implemented from ownership and coaching. Color me impressed.

From Florio, in response to these comments:

Here’s the thing about the Patriots. The Patriots never said that they intended to be the Patriots. They never vowed to achieve a goal, about anything — at any time.

And by “they,” I mean “they” in the broadest possible sense. I mean everyone in the organization. In the past 19 years, through six Super Bowl wins and nine Super Bowl appearances and eight straight AFC title games and counting, no member of the franchise has ever called a shot, set a bar, registered an expectation. They forget about the past, and the only future they think about is the next opportunity to get better at what they do, and during football season they think only about the next game.

OBJ comments may not please his coach

The Patriots are the paragon of excellence. They are in everyone's head.

Freakin' awesome.

Just beat the snot out of the Ravens and Steelers and we'll forgive you when you fall short of your goal.

I’d concentrate of finishing above .500 first before you go proclaiming yourself as off-season champions.

That’s a compliment.

We’re the pinnacle franchise in the entire league. Soak it in.

It all flows from Bill Bellichick. It will last as long as he does.

We’re building a team, not collecting talent

I hope they beat the Steelers and Ravens twice but these dream teams don’t always work out.

So he wasn’t trying with the Giants?

The guy who had a career w/l of 25-34, didn’t show up for his only playoff game, has seen the playoffs 1 time in 5 years while missing over 25% of his teams games and having more contract disputes than playoff appearances is going to teach the losingest franchise in the league how to be the patriots.

Got it

OBJ's whole me-first attitude seems inconsistent with the Patriot Way of doing things. He will never lead anyone anywhere.

Of course if Beckham really understood what it takes to be a Patriot he'd understand they do their talking between the lines, not between microphones. $50M talent...50¢ head.

Or breaking the bank for talent.

This ain't the NBA, and maybe get into the playoffs once before proclaiming victory?

The Patriots are the paragon of excellence. They are in everyone's head.

Freakin' awesome.
It's unbelievable. We've been renting space in every teams head for almost 20 years!!

I remember how crazy 07 got & here we are 10+ years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes