PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Number three pick this evening

ironwasp

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
In my NFL.com I'm picking number three this evening. I know conventional wisdom has it that you pick RB in first round, but after LT and Steven Jackson the next guys - Gore, LJ - seem to have question marks of one sort or another.

So should I be picking Peyton???

Depends on your scoring. If QBs get the same number of points for TDs and yards then it would be a decent decision. If not, it is probably better to take a RB. You are absolutely right that there are a lot of question marks. In my (PPR) league the first four RB taken were LT, S Jackson, LJ and Gore.

Hope that helps.:bricks:

For me, it would come down to Frank Gore vs. Larry Johnson, and I would go with Frank Gore.

Frank Gore's team is still improving, with Alex Smith still up and coming and the additions of Darrell Jackson and Ashley Lelie. While you may think this will lead to less opportunity for Gore, I think it leads to more scoring opportunities for him.

As for Larry Johnson, his team is on the decline. The quarterbacks on the roster have been ineffective and thus will have to rely on the run. Sure, this means that Johnson will still get LOTS of carries, but defenses will stack up against him. Let's not forget that he has had a lot of mileage in his few seasons as a starter. Running backs that rush for over 1800 yards in a season generally don't do well the next season.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back