PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now Pete Carroll takes a shot at the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my reincarnation, seriously considering being a cat in my house.. treated like royalty, sleep on the bed in the sun, fish at least once a week... what is not to like.

It will take time for others to see the light

In NE, Hollister couldn't stay on the field and his blocking wasn't the greatest. Of course he's happy he got traded to a team that's going to use him as a slot receiver.

Thank you. These posts about "INCOME TAX!" are mindnumbingly stupid.

I mean don't get me wrong, there is clearly some financial advantage to weigh if you live in a income tax free state. But most people (and I would have been one of them if I weren't actually taxed the way that I am) don't account for how these guys actually get levied state/city income taxes.

I personally am super annoyed by how my employer does it for me; I had to file 4 state returns last year; one for the bulk of time I worked from home (NC), the week I worked in Parsippany NJ, the 8 days I worked in Manhattan, the week I worked in MA while visiting family and the 4 days I worked in Philly.

But that's the way the cookie crumbles.

My dad has even asked why I bother filing in the states that I do given its usually for less than a weeks work. Unfortunately, when I submit my expense reports I have to ID the state/locale I was in to get reimbursed. Once I do that, my employer sends the State in question my tax docs/W2.

Hey Carroll--28-24. Now sit down and shaddup.

I mean don't get me wrong, there is clearly some financial advantage to weigh if you live in a income tax free state. But most people (and I would have been one of them if I weren't actually taxed the way that I am) don't account for how these guys actually get levied state/city income taxes.

I personally am super annoyed by how my employer does it for me; I had to file 4 state returns last year; one for the bulk of time I worked from home (NC), the week I worked in Parsippany NJ, the 8 days I worked in Manhattan, the week I worked in MA while visiting family and the 4 days I worked in Philly.

But that's the way the cookie crumbles.

My dad has even asked why I bother filing in the states that I do given its usually for less than a weeks work. Unfortunately, when I submit my expense reports I have to ID the state/locale I was in to get reimbursed. Once I do that, my employer sends the State in question my tax docs/W2.

I used to have to do the same thing. Although most states have a minimum dollar sales amount which is usually around 10K. Not sure what the minimum is in labor.

Me thinks Pete has been taking the "Cannabus" to work...

images

I can't imagine that this bus ever leaves on time.

I used to have to do the same thing. Although most states have a minimum dollar sales amount which is usually around 10K. Not sure what the minimum is in labor.

No minimum floor that I have experienced. My state returns I file for my days in NYC/Philly/MA/NJ are for every dollar earned in their state. And in every case other than NY what they withheld for me covers what I owed the state. I have both the last two years had to pay NY more than what was withheld.

No minimum floor that I have experienced. My state returns I file for my days in NYC/Philly/MA/NJ are for every dollar earned in their state. And in every case other than NY what they withheld for me covers what I owed the state. I have both the last two years had to pay NY more than what was withheld.
So either your employer is using the wrong withholding formula for ny state, or ny state Is extra greedy, looking for every last dollar.

Are you invoicing the company for the services provided?

Couple of links that may be helpful.

https://www.cpapracticeadvisor.com/...ax-travails-of-employees-crossing-state-lines

“Road Warrior” State Income Tax Laws Vary Widely

I can't imagine that this bus ever leaves on time.

Schedules are not part of their repertoire...

We will be there about...

Are you invoicing the company for the services provided?

I'm a Consultant at one of the big 4 Consulting firms and am (and have been for 3 years) contracted to a client with offices in Manhattan and Philly.

My contract and travel is invoiced to my client under an SOW.

So either your employer is using the wrong withholding formula for ny state, or ny state Is extra greedy, looking for every last dollar.

Could be. Or it could be my mistake.

When I note the "work location" in my T&Es I have to select all the way down to, what seems like a very micro level of where I am - in the case of NY/NYC, it seems that they have State/City/Town/Borough taxes. I could be simply selecting the wrong "locale".

Either way, it isn't a ton of money we are talking here; think I owed NY like 65 bucks last year. Its just more me *****ing about filing returns in multiple states because of how this works as a Consultant (i.e. if I worked directly as an FTE for my client, I would pay nothing but NC state income taxes even if I traveled up to HQ in NYC.

A couple of points

1. Pete Carrol is a VERY good football coach. He's proved at the college level as well as in the Pros. I don't understand the hate. Not every coach is as good as Bill. That doesn't mean all coaches who aren't Bellichick suck. When your coach IS the GOAT, then its just lazy to minimize the efforts of everyone else.

Listen, to be a HC at the NFL level you have to have an insane level of competitiveness. So why should I take offense if Pete takes a VERY gentle shot at the team who fired him after 3 relatively successful seasons where he got ZERO help in the draft and was hamstrung by equally bad cap management that left the team top heavy and subject to season killing injuries.

We all slobber over Nick Saban, but Saban is a FAILED NFL HC. Carroll has won in both arenas. Just look at USC before he was there and after to understand his affect.

2. I REALLY don't understand fans who try to throw the Butler pick on Pete. First when you do that you are MINIMIZING the team you root for. Do you really think the Pats didn't WIN that superbowl and Seattle just lost it? Secondly it wasn't a bad call. I HATE that mythology. It wasn't a bad call, it was just an amazing play by Butler.

I've stated it before, but I guess it bears repeating. a. Lynch had failed in 7 of his 8 attempts at GL and SY situations that season. b. The Pats GL defense gave them a distinct numbers advantage vs the run. c. 2nd if you were going to pass, THAT was the down to do it. d. The odds of Lynch fumbling was about the same as a pass being picked. (around 4%) So instead of concentrating on whether the call was the right one and demonizing it to the DETRIMENT of our team, we should be celebrating the great play of one of the players of the team we supposedly root for.

3. To the group talking about their travails in dealing with their taxes. I'm sorry for all your troubles. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thank goodness we are all set at TE. Oh, wait.

I will take Ben Watson over Hollister all day long.

I am surprised Hollister is still on the field in November. He makes former Celtic Pervis Ellison look durable.

Just gonna leave this here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back