PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now Pete Carroll takes a shot at the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we are happy with the last play he called in sb 49
He's just butthurted with the pats, like 95% of the media and others fanbases

Meh...he handled SB49 just fine and the play call too. The way he handled the core group of players afterward, resulting in a huge drama filled breakup of a potential dynasty, that’s where to criticize him.

I wonder if he's still "cleaning things up"? He was a tad obsessive/comp about this cliche when he coached here. Worst "cleaner" I've ever witnessed

Priceless...

I'm...

giphy.gif

Pete Carroll on decision to throw: 'It was the worst result of a call ever'
pete-carroll.jpg

Sherman-crying.jpg

gty_462639254_70506822.jpg

Pete Carroll built a great team....then destroyed it from within

Last edited:
I don't really think this is slight on the Pats, what the Ravens did with that stupid photo is far worse.

The guys that don't like the demands BB puts on the players don't belong here anyway. let them make their money and have fun somewhere else. There's a reason why the Pats have been to 9 Super Bowls under BB.

Being a patriot isn’t for everyone. Bill is tough to play for. No special treatment, it’s a dictatorship and you have to band together and win. Pete tells you he loves you and you are his special precious baby and by the time you realize he is lying, you are on a golf cart being taken off the field and the only thing left to do is give him the finger.

Last edited:
That’s an awfully loaded response considering that he’s talking about a guy who had 0 offers to join an NFL active roster a month ago. Hollister has gotta be really darn happy to be making a full NFL salary again.

Couldn't it also be interpreted that they are happy to be on the Seahawks instead of a perennial loser like the Jets? I don't want to interrupt the outrage at every real or perceived slight but this really isn't quite so point blank is it?
Put another way, if the Patriots didn't re-sign you or released you, wouldn't you be happy to end up in Seattle instead of most of the teams in the league?

Stay classy, Seattle.

Me thinks Pete has been taking the "Cannabus" to work...

images

Pete's great ..... I am proud to have had him as a coach here

giphy.gif

Quick Pete Carroll story:

One time vacationing in Hawaii, I went on one of those tours that took you through waterfalls and tropical paradise in a small vehicle on tracks.

Pete was there and was asked to leave by the operators because the tour was booked and he didn't know you had to buy a ticket.

Rules matter.

Plus no state income tax. If you make 5 million dollars a year that is an extra quarter million in your pocket ever year.

I think that is what Pete was talking about.

OT: NFL players pay state income taxes like I do; when I travel to Manhattan or Philly for work, I file/pay state income taxes in both places even though I live in NC.

So yes, half their games would be tax free (WA) but they would pay taxes to any state they play a game in (who happens to have a state income tax like CA, AZ, OH, PA etc

I read Carroll's comment three times and don't see a problem. Would he say they weren't happy or something?

I mean, I get that the Lane Johnsons, Cordarelle Pattersons, and guys of that ilk think it's more fun to be in PHI or SEA.. But, I'd love to know if they are still having fun 3 years after they leave NE, haven't won a SB, and the Pats are making room in the trophy case for #7?

It's important to have fun and make your money, of course, but I'll take the Slaters, Edelman, Bradys, Hightower, McCourtys, etc. who want to win at all costs. Have no problem getting into a rock fight

Quick Pete Carroll story:

One time vacationing in Hawaii, I went on one of those tours that took you through waterfalls and tropical paradise in a small vehicle on tracks.

Pete was there and was asked to leave by the operators because the tour was booked and he didn't know you had to buy a ticket.

Rules matter.

My Petey stories.
Met him at Smithfield. On his bike right after practice. Very friendly & talked to me & my wife for quite a while. Nice guy! I did wonder, didn't he have more important stuff to do, but hey!

Years later early this century I'm in SF visiting VCs for venture capital funding for my startup. I'm in the right lane of 2 lanes at Avis. To my left I notice Pete Carroll! He responds to the agent, "I'm Pete Carroll." I look towards him and say, "Yeah, and I'm Fing Doug Flutie!" He looks at me and I thought he was gonna come over and clock me. No more Mr Nice Guy!

longest 2 weeks of the season :(

I don't think Carroll is taking a shot. Carroll's always been respectful of Belichick, and I think Bill counts Carroll as one of his few "friends" in coaching, along w Zimmer. At the minimum, Belichick and Carroll share a mutual respect...

I agree. I took Pete’s statement more as ‘They are happy to be here <on a good Football team that will be going to playoffs and not stuck on the Bengals, Dolphins, etc>

Some of you need to grow some skin during the bye week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back